Date watch: 2018 WDW ANIMATION CELEBRATION PIN EVENT

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by lynn99, Feb 10, 2018.

1. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    456   0   0

You may want to get that checked out. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I have, the only cure is at cost pick ups from a "magical" friend. ;D

3. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    456   0   0

I mean, I don't know how many LK pins will be at this event. XD I think this is stuff from Walt's era. So Jungle Book and back. Not sure LK will make the cut. ;P

4. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Wasn't there LK on the poster for the event though, that's the only reason I'm nervous. XD

5. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Dang flabbit. My pass expires midway through the event. ):<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

So I guess feeling the love tonight is like... yesterday's news, eh?

7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

I don't remember Lion King being on advertising for this event. It was on advertisements for last year's LIAA, though.

Really looking forward to the catalog so I know exactly how disappointed I should be about missing it. ;) The furthest that movies for my collection go back to is Robin Hood, so if it is indeed focusing on Walt-involved productions I think I should be generally safe.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  8. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Hotels are rather pricey that weekend and the WDW website says that phone and website reservations are currently down. :rolleyes:

9. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Ug, what timing! Were you planning on renewing anyway?

10. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

I was afraid it was going to be that weekend. We have a big family trip planned for Labor day weekend (my, dh, will, DD1&hubby, DD2&may as well be hubby).

Fly home Sunday the 26'th, fly back again Thurs 8/30. I'll take all the disney days I can get, but 2 long weekends together makes it hard work wise to do......

11. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Unlikely, since I'll either be spending next year as a WDW employee or as a student in Europe!

Kiragigi and watzshakinbacon like this.
  12. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Ah, poo. So you can use your pass on Friday and have to buy a day ticket for Saturday, I'm guessing.

13. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

What makes you say that? Is it just Walt being on the logo? I just took that to mean that he started the animation. Or is there something else you are basing it on? I've been ranting that "Animation Celebration" is lazily broad, so if it is narrower focus I can give them more credit. Although the timeframe isn't necessarily my favorite.

14. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    456   0   0

The description says:

"Join us as we celebrate the wonderful history of Walt Disney’s animated feature films, featurettes, shorts, and the magic behind the scenes. Let’s travel back through the legacy of Walt Disney, his beloved characters, and timeless tales."

That "travel back" wordage is what's giving me that clue.

Of course, I could be way over analyzing it. But the retro style just makes me think that.

15. Kitty

Kitty Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm really hoping for Fantasia pins. I can never collect enough. I'd also love to see more Bambi and lady and the tramp. I'm so excited!!!! Last year was amazing!!!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

16. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

[​IMG]

Hmmm. We all know what Walt's *first* full-length animated feature was. The question is ... How much does Merly love me? :p

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  17. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I agree with Ajk. This seems to be a pretty broad description. Could be any animated film, feature or short. I know they say travel back in time, but I think it still opens up the possibility of nearly anything animated, from the first to the last.

Ajk likes this.
  18. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Hotel reservation made! Now to snag an AC (animation celebration) reservation or two... since planning to bring my child (put on façade and make me appear more legit as I behave like a 10 year old again this year.) :)

Purplemandms and watzshakinbacon like this.
  19. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

our reservations are made but we stay off property have annual passes now just to see what the pins are for the event

20. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Soooooo put me down as a hard maybe.

Beyond the pass expiring the second day, one of two things will happen in the next year

1) I take an internship with Disney (in which case work may prevent me from going, but I'd be covered on the pass... but I haven't heard anything back on an interview in like a month ): )
    2) I take the spot at a Master's program at a University in Scotland I've been recently offered (yippee!) which starts on the 10th of September - so I'm not sure how early I'd have to be in the good 'ol UK. (I'd also be broke because I'm not sure how good my chances of getting a scholarship are.)

Either way, I'll be on the lookout for this catalog!!!

Kiragigi and watzshakinbacon like this.
  21. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Congrats on the Master's program spot!

Kiragigi likes this.
  22. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Congrats on getting accepted!! Scotland sounds more exciting than this event tbh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  23. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Thanks guys! Unfortunately Scotland is also much more expensive.

24. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    456   0   0

Bless me bagpipes! I heartily agree! Congrats! :D[​IMG]

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  25. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Since this is very relevant, there's been a new announcement from Disney regarding paying for overnight parking at the hotels:

Parking

"Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
    Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
    • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
    • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
    Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle."