• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Fairytale Couples Pins! I saw them!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the edition size been confirmed?

I don't think so, who wants to bombard the seller with questions about posting pictures of the back of the pin, the box, etc.?

And Angel, I have no idea who's out in Montebello, CA. Can you enlighten us?

I don't think so, who wants to bombard the seller with questions about posting pictures of the back of the pin, the box, etc.?

And Angel, I have no idea who's out in Montebello, CA. Can you enlighten us?

Add me to the list of those that want to know the sellers identity. Also wondering why they are using what looks like a stock photo instead of taking detailed pictures of the actual pins, backs etc. For $2500.00 you would think they would have a professional photo shoot done for them.

A set just sold on ebay for $1500 in best offer format!

Edit: Sorry it looks like it might have been less than $1500! :p

Last edited:
I know who it is and it is their own photo. They posted it on fb earlier today. Don't know why they didn't redo the picture lol

A new one just popped up 1500 OBO. They used the same picture as the other listing.

Nevermind! It just sold.

Last edited:
$T2eC16NHJHgFFl7nrl9UBSBGlI,1Cw~~60_57.JPG

ooo...not sure if I'm liking their faces too much XD just my two cents.

Wow - coming here and seeing 7 pages of talk already just since yesterday on these pins and the fact that there's already huge lines for them the night before? I'm actually relieved - I can spend my time in the Expo doing what it's actually meant for - to look at and listen to panels and get other limited merchandise that doesn't require thousands of dollars and/or overnight campouts to get. Hooray!

p.s. The fact that the pins are more popular than the dolls they represent in the first place = laughable to me, even since the first release of DP's.

If D23 is actually selling to exhibitors........they suck even more. This issue was HUGE at SDCC and the official SDCC Policy was that no exhibitors could make purchases before 10-11AM and some sellers refused to sell to them until SUNDAY. If exhibitors can start lining up inside before the people outside not only is it unfair it is simply selling higher priced tickets to exhibitors and their "staff" or "guests" All around this release like so many others is an epic fail that will surely push even more collectors away. Not what a for profit business should be doing and if in fact they succeed at isolating the very customers they claim to be courting it is bad for all of us who will then see our personal collections values go the way of the Beanie Babies. Should that happen we will spend the foreseeable future kicking ourselves for overpaying for something that will never return 10% of what we paid.

Talk about the "Disney Difference"

yay thank you for the clearer picture!!! :)

We don't collect Snow White but she looks so pretty. (Though all the pins are beautiful haha...)

Time to change signatures? The Belle/Beast and Ariel/Eric are lovely!

I would love the whole set but really would be happy to have Rapunzel and Flynn and Ariel and Eric. Thats all I would want. Heart ache.

Wish I would be taken more seriously as a Rapunzel collector, but alas I am not and obtaining these pins is going to be just like the original Designer pins I have yet to obtain.

Thanks for posting this clear picture of the pins! Has anyone else noticed the token "flaw" among these pins? A part of Snow White's Prince's tunic was painted gold instead of blue! That kind of reminds me of the same issue that the Designer Queen of Hearts pin had with her bow at the back of her gown where parts that should have been red were painted gold.

Rapunzel really does not look like herself, and most of the princes have very simplified drawn faces. These are very pretty pins, but I don't know if they are quite worth the $40 per pin retail price, however each pin does feature two characters, so......

Last edited:
I did too! If the latest Powerball winners are Disney pin fanatics, maybe they will bite. They certainly can afford it now!

lol i know right my family bought some tickets and i saod if i win ill buy all the rapunzel pins i need to be up to date in my rapunzel collection oh wishful thinking :)

Thanks for posting this clear picture of the pins! Has anyone else noticed the token "flaw" among these pins? A part of Snow White's Prince's tunic was painted gold instead of blue! That kind of reminds me of the same issue that the Designer Queen of Hearts pin had with her bow at the back of her gown where parts that should have been red were painted gold.

Rapunzel really does not look like herself, and most of the princes have very simplified drawn faces. These are very pretty pins, but I don't know if they are quite worth the $40 per pin retail price, however each pin does feature two characters, so......

Yup, noticed them. But it looks like not all the pins have the flaw as shown on recent ebay listings (unless they were using stock photos)?

Wow, those pins are beautiful. I will agree that the faces are pretty meh, but the faces on the DPs aren't all the accurate either, if anything, they kind of look similar on the original DP line. It's the clothes that really get you with the all details and such. I think the BatB one is by far the best (makes up for the hideous doll) but the LM one is equally beautiful. I'm still not a fan of Rapunzel's pin being so gold...gah, how I only wish I could get a set (if not just Ariel -__-).

Ahhhh I don't even want to watch the listings. Just want to avoid any temptation. After seeing the set, Belle has become my favorite and Snow my second, even if her prince has a "shmeh" face. The details of the costumes are what really sell these :)

NO TIANA. NO PEACE, NOW! lol I kid. :suspect: Rapunzel looks so elegant and Jasmine is gorg! I really think they should have put Tiana in the mix. Surprise release, perhaps? haha

Surprise release? Monday morning they will release the other FIVE couples on DS.com!

Tiana and Naveen
Cinderella and what's his face
Mulan and that dude
Aurora and her guy
Pocahantis +1

You heard it here first!

I only want Jasmine and Aladdin. The pin and the dolls. Thank God. If Flynn was fancier I would have wanted Rapunzel but it's the space factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back