• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Fawn announced via Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Fawn announced via Twitter

Addicted to Alice Pins

Just here for the DMI codes; y'all have gone cray
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Introducing our Limited Edition Designer Fawn Doll! Available in Stores 2/17 and Online 2/18 at midnight PST.

B7-dwACIUAAm7EC.jpg:large

I'm a bit disappointed with her. She looks a little tacky. I don't really know what it is, might be the print on her skirt and I think the ruffles look a bit cheap. Still, she might look better in person!

I'm a bit disappointed with her. She looks a little tacky. I don't really know what it is, might be the print on her skirt and I think the ruffles look a bit cheap. Still, she might look better in person!

I've learned that almost all Disney Store dolls, regardless of how bad their online photos look, always look better in person. :lol: I think she looks pretty great, but there are small things that are bugging me about her design.

She's okay but I'm not feeling wowed. And the rabbit is cute, but I think adding a plastic animal makes the whole effect too "busy" and a little jarring.

I also wish her wings were clear like the other dolls. I was looking at stills from the movie and her wings are clear--why did they make them orange on the doll?

I love her face and hair though. I'm sure she will look better in person --- they always do.

^^^ I feel the same way about her wings and am hoping this is a prototype. LE Maleficent changed from the blog pic to the actual doll, so we can still hope. I really love her, despite the tomboy persona being ripped away from her for this release. And I too don't get the randomness of having a plastic animal that's not even flocked or anything.

Regardless, I'm really happy to have my favorite fairy designified <3

She's really cute, I don't know why people are complaining. the only thing I don't like it the font... ew. & whats the deal with the rabbit. the others didn't have animals right?

She's really cute, I don't know why people are complaining. the only thing I don't like it the font... ew. & whats the deal with the rabbit. the others didn't have animals right?

I think they included the rabbit because she is an animal fairy, and she is seen with rabbits a lot. I personally love her now that we have a picture of her in box, and she is the most "designer" looking doll that we have had in a while.

I think they included the rabbit because she is an animal fairy, and she is seen with rabbits a lot. I personally love her now that we have a picture of her in box, and she is the most "designer" looking doll that we have had in a while.

Makes sense, I only ever saw two tinkerbell movies and that was a while back lol. Still this doll might start my flame up bc its cute as heck!

Makes sense, I only ever saw two tinkerbell movies and that was a while back lol. Still this doll might start my flame up bc its cute as heck!

She is adorable! Fawn is a great character too. I didn't really think I would buy a doll of her when I heard rumors that one was being made, but now she is definitely on my radar.

Last edited:
Wow, she looks so much better in her box!! I may have to get her to join Tink and Zarina :)

I have mixed feelings... I kind of want her but I'm not a huge tinker bell/fairies fan... But lately I've been getting into them especially with this new movie... So I really don't want to regret not buying this doll. /sobs

but I also really need to save money for the frozen fever, and SD comic con monster high and ever after high....

I really don't know much about the fairies, haven't seen the movies, but have seen merchandise with them, and I think this character is my favorite, so this is cool! I think the doll is done overall well, but would be nice if her boots looked less plastic-y. also agree with what others have said about her wings, not being transparent like the other designer fairies (looking more like the toy version). but i was looking closer at the pictures and its weird because it does actually look like one is transparent but still with all that glitter. i guess we'll have to wait for non-stock pictures to be sure.

She's really cute (I especially love the adorable bunny!) but does her release on Feb 17th pretty much squash any chances DS had of releasing a Cruella DeVil 17" doll the week prior on the 10th when 101 Dalmatians is released on Bluray? Because if so that sucks. That really, really sucks. I really wanted a Cruella 17" to go with my Gothel, Lady Tremaine, Ursula and Maleficent. Cruella is also one of the few Disney Villains who could stand on her own doll release (without being released alongside a princess, I mean) and would easily sell through at an edition number of 2,500 or even 3,000. I'm super disappointed :( It just doesn't feel right to have all those other villain dolls and no Cruella. Her designer doll has the outfit spot on but I feel her face is a little too much live action Glen Close Cruella and doesn't look very much like the animated character, while I assumed her 17" doll would. But with Disney announcing this doll for the week after and nothing said of a Cruella yet (I thought she might be a "surprise" release and not announced until one week prior to release, which could very well still happen) I'm doubting more and more that she'll happen. Boo on you, Disney Store.

Very nice surprise :). Looking forward to adding her to my collection. Still need Periwinkle, Vidia & Iridessa to be sooooo happy lol. I really like everything about her, her face is so pretty and oh man her dress! I agree, she's very "designer" looking, very beautiful rendition of her new outfit.
Looking at the other blog picture, I believe she might have clear wings w/glitter. Maybe her outfit colors are reflecting off of her wings, causing them to look orange. I think they had to add the bunny so by looking at her we can see her talent. Love her, love her, can't wait! :D

Fawn%20Designer%20Doll_zpsfqyunmqq.jpg

She's very cute! I'm actually very surprised with her design! Not much of a Fawn fan, so I'll probably pass this up but the design is definitely a treat. Arguably one of the better designer dolls (at least in my opinion) :) Good luck to those trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back