• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Pins - Flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Pins - Flaws

bookhugger

I love books!
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So, I got sent this screenshot on Facebook (I am not a member of the group, but will join):

22361342_697416603786215_381858303_n.png

D23 happens in odd years in CA, right?
And also in Japan?

But the Japan expo sometimes happens the following year and stuff from the US expo are kept behind for the Japan one?

But this is what I have as a list:

2011: Designer Princesses LE150 at D23

2012: Designer Villains, released online on Disneystore.com during the WDW pin event, no D23 this year in US. LE200

2013: Designer Fairytale Couples #1 - Rapunzel, Ariel, Belle, Snow White and Jasmine with their men, released at D23 but a few sets made it online at Disneystore.com. Limited Edition Size 250.

2014: Designer Fairytale Couples #2 - Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, Tiana, and Pocahontas with their men, released online at Disneystore.com. No D23 this year in the US. Limited Edition Size 350.

2015:
Designer Heroes vs. Villains - Elsa, Snow White, Peter Pan, Ariel, and Rapunzel with their villains, released at D23 but a few sets made it online at Disneystore.com. Limited Edition of 1000
***Someone made a fantasy pin of the Ariel/Ursula pin, making her tail all green and slightly bigger***

2016: NO designer Heroes vs. Villains pins to match the dolls that were released

2017: Disney Designer Collection (7 pins) - Robin Hood, Mulan, Ariel, Rapunzel, Cruella, Blue Fairy, and Moana. Limited Edition of 1000. Released only at D23 so far since, oddly, they haven't shown up online like the past years have.

I didn't go research whether D23 occurred in Japan that same year as in the US or the following year, in the first quarter.

I remember that Designer Fairytale Couples #1 pins had flaws. Snow White & her Prince - the paint/enamel bled over onto the Prince's shirt.

I seem to recall that the Designer Fairytale Couples #2 pins had serious flaws on the ones released in the US, but not the ones in Europe. Like Aurora had scratches on her dress, Mulan had issues with the eyes and colors. Tiana had issues with Naveen's eyes, Pocahontas had issues with John Smith's eyes. And I thought there was a discussion here on DPF about the flaws too.

BUT, I cannot find the thread that mentions the flaws.

Am I correct in remembering these flaws?

Thanks!

I had one of the mods run a game for me with my Designer Fairytale Couples Pins #2 a while ago, let me see if I can find the pictures or ask her if she still has them. I remember there being flaws on the pins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back