• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?

Are you taking the dolls out of the Display case?

• Yes, They are so cute that I WILL be taking mines out!

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No, They are expensive!! I'll be keeping them sealed for sale value in years to come.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • They're for my child, so yes, we will be taking them out of the display case.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too ugly.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too expensive.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Why did they release this set??

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?
Thank you so much for the photos of the deboxed dolls. I am drooling as I look at them. All of them are so gorgeous! Pocahontas with the Cinderella dress is quite pretty. I just wish Pocahontas' dress was as silky as everyone else.

Singing Princess Dolls on Sale

I also have three of the 17" Disney Singing Princess Dolls. Here are a couple of photos of two of them standing next to their 11.5" Disney Designer Princess Doll counterparts, so you can compare their looks and sizes. One glaring difference is that the Designer Dolls have so much more personality and realism just because their eyes are not wide open and staring straight ahead.
I just deboxed my Designer Ariel. I stood her up next to Singing Ariel and Mini Ariel, in the photo below.
If anyone is interested in purchasing the Singing Princess Dolls, they are on sale this week on the US Disney Store site. All of the "new" ones except for Rapunzel are $20 each (list was $29.50), and the two "old" ones, Jasmine and Tiana, have been on sale for $15 each for some time (ever since the "new" style dolls become available). Rapunzel is still at $29.50.

Also, you can get an additional 25% off if you use the special THANKYOU25 code that is good only this Thursday, October 20 (all day tomorrow, Pacific Time). And if your total order is at least $75 after all the discounts have been applied, then you get free shipping by using the SHIPTODAY code.

I'm going to take advantage of these offers tomorrow as sort of a consolation prize after failing to get any of the Designer Princesses yesterday.

Reboxed Designer Ariel Having a Bad Hair Day

I just deboxed my Designer Ariel. I stood her up next to Singing Ariel and Mini Ariel, in the photo below.
Three Ariels - Designer, Singing and Mini Dolls by drj1828, on Flickr
Designer Ariel Doll is having problems with frizzy, flyaway hair in her display case. But she doesn't seem to care!

She was completely deboxed, then reboxed. Since I removed the threads holding her long hair in place against the plastic spacer, I have had difficulty with flyaway hair. My home doesn't have low humidity, but her hair seems to have lots of static charge. As you can see, it's sticking to the inside of the acrylic display case.

Designer Ariel Having A Bad Hair Day by drj1828, on Flickr

If anyone is interested in purchasing the Singing Princess Dolls, they are on sale this week on the US Disney Store site. All of the "new" ones except for Rapunzel are $20 each (list was $29.50), and the two "old" ones, Jasmine and Tiana, have been on sale for $15 each for some time (ever since the "new" style dolls become available). Rapunzel is still at $29.50.

Also, you can get an additional 25% off if you use the special THANKYOU25 code that is good only this Thursday, October 20 (all day tomorrow, Pacific Time). And if your total order is at least $75 after all the discounts have been applied, then you get free shipping by using the SHIPTODAY code.

I'm going to take advantage of these offers tomorrow as sort of a consolation prize after failing to get any of the Designer Princesses yesterday.

Darn it, I wish I had known that these were online too :p

Singing Doll Sale

You snooze, you lose! I just discovered that the Singing Belle and Rapunzel dolls are now SOLD OUT! Wow, Rapunzel seems to be super popular. I'm so glad I bought Rapunzel before she sold out. The remaining dolls are at the same prices as last week, so they are extending the sale for at least another week.

Thought I would share some final pics of my opened collection:

PA170800.jpg

PA170810.jpg

PA170812.jpg

PA170814.jpg

PA170817.jpg

PA170818.jpg

PA170820.jpg

And the nice winter dolls too, not designer I know but I like them :D

PA170809.jpg

You snooze, you lose! I just discovered that the Singing Belle and Rapunzel dolls are now SOLD OUT! Wow, Rapunzel seems to be super popular. I'm so glad I bought Rapunzel before she sold out. The remaining dolls are at the same prices as last week, so they are extending the sale for at least another week.
Phew! The Singing Rapunzel and Belle dolls are now available again! The singing princess doll sale prices are still in effect - $15 or $20 for all the dolls, except for Rapunzel.

Last edited:
Thought I would share some final pics of my opened collection:

PA170800.jpg

PA170810.jpg

PA170814.jpg

PA170818.jpg

I think I've told you before, but I really love how you've paired each Designer Princess with her man! They look so wonderful together! I absolutely love the way Flynn and Rapunzel look together, and to me they look like they are posing for pictures at a Disney parks meet-and-greet. :) I like Jasmine a lot better with her outer skirt folded in front, so that her legs don't look as short as the factory packaging made mine look. One thing that I find very amusing is that your Tiana is with both human and frog Naveen! :p Thanks for sharing your collection!

I Haven't opened mine yet, in case I need to sell them because of financial issues but I would love to keep them... I have 9 different dolls - just need Ariel but I have some extra to trade for her.

(PM me if you have one and want to trade)

Wow stybbafirefoot, I love your collection. Your idea was simply genious, congrats! Btw will anyone mind to share some pictures of an unboxed Mulan and Rapunzel please?

Designer Cinderella - Deboxing

I've decided to debox Designer Cinderella next. As with most of the dolls that I've deboxed, I appreciate Cinderella much more now than when I just saw her in her display box. Just as seeing the dolls in person was much better than just seeing the promo pictures.

First an overview a detailed description of Cinderella, including features only revealed upon fully deboxing her.
She was released by the Disney Store in the US and the UK on August 22, 2011, the first of the Disney Princess Designer Collection dolls to be released to the general public. The retail price was $59.50 US. She was sold out two weeks later, on September 6 in the US.

Her outfit is inspired by Marilyn Monroe's in the ''Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend'' number from the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. She has a light blue strapless satin gown covered in clear rhinestones, and attached to its back is a huge blue satin bow. She wears a matching rhinestone studded pale blue headband. On her arms are long white satin gloves with clear rhinestones. She also has a black choker with a two strand black beaded necklace. She has clear stud earrings. Finally she is holding a large silver and blue carriage clutch purse. This last item is on a chain, and opens up to show a blue spherical interior.

Her hair is a very light, almost platinum blonde, in a very nice updo, with curly bangs in front. Her makeup is in light pink - lips, rouge and eyeshadow. She has short rooted eyelashes and deep blue eyes, which are glancing to the left (her right).

Hidden under her dress she is wearing clear plastic high heeled shoes, which represent her famous glass slippers. Also she has a waist joint that allows the top of her body to spin around 360 degrees, with fortunately a snap stop when her top is aligned front and center. And in the middle of her back are stamped her product code and serial (edition) number, which in my case is 1999 of 5000.

Now photos of the deboxing.

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - Clear Box Top Removed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - Clear Box Top Removed - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - Clear Box Top Removed - Closeup of Opened Carriage Clutch by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Plastic Spacer Attached - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Plastic Spacer Removed by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Dress Opened Up - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Dress Opened Up - Closeup of Serial Number and Waist Joint by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Dress Closed Up - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Portrait View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Lifting Skirt - Full View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxing - On Display Stand - Lifting Skirt Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Standing next to Display Stand by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Cinderella - Deboxed

Here are photos of Cinderella fully deboxed, and posing on a separate doll stand. Unfortunately, she cannot stand on her own, and the built-in doll stand of the display case cannot be removed from the base of the case. Also, I haven't figured out how to remove the cardboard backing from the base without cutting it to free it from the doll stand.

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Full Front View #3 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Left Front View Lifting Dress by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Midrange Left Front View - Lifting Dress by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Closeup Left Front View - Lifting Dress by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Designer Cinderella Doll - Deboxed - Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

What a gorgeous photo essay of Designer Cinderella! As you know from deboxing so many dolls now, one can only really fully appreciate the dolls once they are out of the factory packaging. All of the ties, clear rubber bands, and other things used to prevent the dolls from shifting around too much while shipping have such a tendency to downplay the dramatic features of the dolls' gowns and hair. The train of Cinderella's dress is very majestic. It reminds me of a butterfly.

If I may put in a request for your next Designer Princess doll debox, could you unveil Designer Aurora? I am so curious to see how much volume her skirt really has and how well the fabric actually drapes. The promo pictures make her dress look so flat. My own OOAK Designer Aurora doll is coming along nicely, but I still need to attach the skirt to the bodice and obtain and add the iron-on gem embellishments. :)

Designer Ariel's display case disassembled

What a gorgeous photo essay of Designer Cinderella! As you know from deboxing so many dolls now, one can only really fully appreciate the dolls once they are out of the factory packaging. All of the ties, clear rubber bands, and other things used to prevent the dolls from shifting around too much while shipping have such a tendency to downplay the dramatic features of the dolls' gowns and hair. The train of Cinderella's dress is very majestic. It reminds me of a butterfly.

If I may put in a request for your next Designer Princess doll debox, could you unveil Designer Aurora? I am so curious to see how much volume her skirt really has and how well the fabric actually drapes. The promo pictures make her dress look so flat. My own OOAK Designer Aurora doll is coming along nicely, but I still need to attach the skirt to the bodice and obtain and add the iron-on gem embellishments. :)
Thanks, Shivatopia! I will do Aurora next, as you request.

I've just discovered how to remove the cardboard backing from the display base! The solution was staring me right in the eyes, but of course I was blind to it until I reviewed some of the deboxing photos I took of Cinderella. There is a rectangular slot in the bottom flap of the cardboard backing, that you turn 90 degrees and lift it up over the doll stand. There is a double stick tape holding the cardboard backing to the base, so you have to carefully loosen the cardboard from the base first before lifting it off.

Here's a photo of Designer Ariel's display case disassembled:

Disney Princess Designer Doll Display Case Disassembled by drj1828, on Flickr

Hey there! So as I said, I recently unboxed my Rapunzel and I thought I would share some pictures. First off, taking her out was like freeing the most difficult Barbie doll ever (and I had many of those in my day), but it was completely worth it and I couldn't be happier. This her in her case how she looks when I have her on my shelf
DSCN0001.jpg
[/IMG]

This is her out of her case. Notice how long her hair is. It goes past her feet!
DSCN0011.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0003.jpg
[/IMG]

The detailing on her mirror is so pretty. I wish my camera would have focused better. The mirror is also functional, which I think is a nice touch

DSCN0004.jpg
[/IMG]

Again, my camera wouldn't focus, but her shoes are a light pink heel, and very cute.

DSCN0007.jpg
[/IMG]

My favorite part of her is definitely her hair. It is just so long, thick, shiny and soft. I have a little comb that I use to de-tangle it. This is after I combed it all out

DSCN0020.jpg
[/IMG]

This is just a cute photo I thought I'd take
DSCN0018.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0013.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0009.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0012.jpg
[/IMG]

She really is so beautiful and I just can't get over her. Everything from her dress to her hair. My not-so-good camera does nothing to do her justice. I really am so glad I took her out of the box because now her full beauty is on display for my viewing pleasure. Plus, if I hadn't taken her out, I would never have gotten to see how truly long and luscious her hair is (yea, I'm kind of obsessed with her hair). Anyways, I hope someone enjoys this, and have a magical day :)

Very nice photos, bwaygal1300, even with the soft focus. It makes everything look like they are in a dream. :)
I haven't deboxed my Designer Rapunzel yet, but your photos make me want to do it sooner rather than later.

Hey there! So as I said, I recently unboxed my Rapunzel and I thought I would share some pictures. First off, taking her out was like freeing the most difficult Barbie doll ever (and I had many of those in my day), but it was completely worth it and I couldn't be happier. This her in her case how she looks when I have her on my shelf

This is her out of her case. Notice how long her hair is. It goes past her feet!
[IMG][IMG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/Glittery_Dreams/DSCN0011.jpg[/IMG]

DSCN0009.jpg
[/IMG]

She really is so beautiful and I just can't get over her. Everything from her dress to her hair. My not-so-good camera does nothing to do her justice. I really am so glad I took her out of the box because now her full beauty is on display for my viewing pleasure. Plus, if I hadn't taken her out, I would never have gotten to see how truly long and luscious her hair is (yea, I'm kind of obsessed with her hair). Anyways, I hope someone enjoys this, and have a magical day :)

Thank you for sharing your Designer Rapunzel on this most magical day! Between your pics and Rose_Valentine's pics of Designer Rapunzel, as well as DRJ1828's gorgeous photo essays of the deboxed Designer Dolls, I am itching to do the same for my own. Designer Rapunzel is stunning with her hair and gown unbound from the factory packaging! One of my big concerns about Designer Rapunzel is that her hair seems like it could take on a life of its own when let free. Rose_Valentine told me that it is difficult to get her neatly back into the case, but you seem to have managed well.

I am a little disappointed in the back of the bodice of her dress. The pleated mauve fabric should have gone all the way around her waist for a cleaner look (instead of leaving that awkward gap), but I suppose that the designers figured that few people would ever be looking at the back of her dress for very long, especially with Rapunzel's gloriously long hair.

A quick recommendation: it is okay to iron out the wrinkles of the skirt that are caused by the fabric being folded up in the factory packaging. Just use a relatively low heat setting and apply the iron to the inner side of the fabric to smooth out the wrinkles. You have no idea how much more splendid the Disney Princess dolls' dresses look when they are wrinkle-free! I ironed out the skirt of the Snow White doll that DRJ1828 sold me from the TDS Princess doll 10 pack, and her skirt looks fabulous!

A quick recommendation: it is okay to iron out the wrinkles of the skirt that are caused by the fabric being folded up in the factory packaging. Just use a relatively low heat setting and apply the iron to the inner side of the fabric to smooth out the wrinkles. You have no idea how much more splendid the Disney Princess dolls' dresses look when they are wrinkle-free! I ironed out the skirt of the Snow White doll that DRJ1828 sold me from the TDS Princess doll 10 pack, and her skirt looks fabulous!
Thanks for the tip Shivatopia. I've thought about ironing out the skirts of some of my deboxed dolls, but have been afraid of scorching them. For sure a wrinkle free skirt would look much better on them. And does ironing also make the holes caused by the plastic shipping ties less noticeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back