• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?

Are you taking the dolls out of the Display case?

• Yes, They are so cute that I WILL be taking mines out!

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No, They are expensive!! I'll be keeping them sealed for sale value in years to come.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • They're for my child, so yes, we will be taking them out of the display case.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too ugly.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too expensive.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Why did they release this set??

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?
Here are photos of my opened Snow White :) She looks so much better like this, and thanks DRJ for an awesome how-to guide!!

OpenSnowWhite.png

OpenSnowWhite2.png

OpenSnowWhite4.png

Thank you, Bway and DRJ :) The second one I got wasn't quite as nice, so I opened the better of the two (hair was a little off :x ). It's reaaally tempting to get another Jasmine or Tiana, as the person who I am buying Aurora from tomorrow is selling those two for $75, but dropping $90 on Aurora already is making me want to say no. ><

And Merriennes, what are they going for in the UK right now? I think in the US a lot of the dealers are just desperate to get rid of them because they were asking too high when everyone wanted them, and now they just don't seem to care. At least in the SoCal area.

sounds like they are cheaper over in the US, i cant see a Cinderella for less than £125 and that doesn't include postage, considering the £ to $ conversion rate too that seems a lot more :(

Wow, that's pretty steep. I don't blame you one bit for not getting more ):

Here's my opened Aurora. I think I'm done with doubles (maybe sometime in the future I'll get more).

OpenAurora2.jpg

OpenAurora.jpg

I am too nervous to de-box any of mine encase I damage the cases.... think I will play it safe, and leave them be :) They are lovely to look at :) xx

The cases are pretty sturdy, especially once you get used to unlatching them from the bottom. The area that I would definitely advise people about is actually the cardboard backing. Sliding the cardboard backing back through the little plastic holders to close the case can be a horrifying experience if the upper corners of the cardboard backing start to bunch up and lose their shape. My advice is to lay the clear plastic cover flat on a table or the floor and slowly pushing the base and the cardboard backing into it. I learned the hard way with my Designer Belle doll...

Also, when removing or replacing the plastic cover, be sure to keep the COA clear of the plastic cover, as it can get caught and tear by accident. Again... learned the hard way. :(

The cases are pretty sturdy, especially once you get used to unlatching them from the bottom. The area that I would definitely advise people about is actually the cardboard backing. Sliding the cardboard backing back through the little plastic holders to close the case can be a horrifying experience if the upper corners of the cardboard backing start to bunch up and lose their shape. My advice is to lay the clear plastic cover flat on a table or the floor and slowly pushing the base and the cardboard backing into it. I learned the hard way with my Designer Belle doll...

Also, when removing or replacing the plastic cover, be sure to keep the COA clear of the plastic cover, as it can get caught and tear by accident. Again... learned the hard way. :(

Agree completely. Had a hard time with the cardboard backing when I opened one to take pictures. My friend had the problem with the COA, so I've been paranoid about that ever since.

If you don't plan on selling your dolls, they are worth opening! :) As much as I would like to have them out of the case and displayed along my shelf, I like that I can just pose them inside the case and give them more natural or better posing than their default ones.

Agree completely. Had a hard time with the cardboard backing when I opened one to take pictures. My friend had the problem with the COA, so I've been paranoid about that ever since.

If you don't plan on selling your dolls, they are worth opening! :) As much as I would like to have them out of the case and displayed along my shelf, I like that I can just pose them inside the case and give them more natural or better posing than their default ones.

For some reason, I am still too nervous to actually fully free my dolls from the factory packaging. I don't ever plan on selling my collection, so that's not the problem... I think I still view them with some sort of near-untouchable reverence because they were so darn frustrating to get mid-way through the release schedule. So far, I have removed the plastic covers to rearrange arm postions, head angles, minor dress and prop adjustments, and also to get rid of (or fix) flyaway hairs. DRJ1828 and Selithiel's pictures do tempt me to take the plunge, though. :)

For some reason, I am still too nervous to actually fully free my dolls from the factory packaging. I don't ever plan on selling my collection, so that's not the problem... I think I still view them with some sort of near-untouchable reverence because they were so darn frustrating to get mid-way through the release schedule. So far, I have removed the plastic covers to rearrange arm postions, head angles, minor dress and prop adjustments, and also to get rid of (or fix) flyaway hairs. DRJ1828 and Selithiel's pictures do tempt me to take the plunge, though. :)

I definitely don't blame you! That was an utter nightmare! I definitely just enjoy being able to pose and turn their heads though. Granted, I have only opened Snow White and Aurora (as they are the only ones I bought doubles of - found a local selling Aurora for $90, so I wasn't going to pass that up!). I think it's worthwhile at least for opening ones of your favorite princesses. I've been tempted to open my Ariel, Tiana, and Jasmine - however I just can't bring myself to do it yet!

I may consider at some point opening a couple of my dolls, as there are some static issues with hair etc on a couple, nothing major, just the odd misplaced hair, and Tiana's frog has slid to one side,and belles rose is slanted a bit...I am nervous in doing so though, but no doubt will one day. I love my dolls, I'm so lucky I managed to get all 10, I will never sell them, love looking at them with my daughters :)

It is a shame that there is so much plastic display behind the dolls though, I think they wouldve have been better just giving the doll a good secure stand in the case instead of all this plastic round arms etc...it does spoil the whole look I think. My favourites would have to be Ariel and Rapunzel although they are all nice in their own way :) I hoping to get the short haired wedding Rapunzel thats out next month, heres hoping!! xx :)

Selithiel, thanks for your beautiful photos of your deboxed Aurora! She looks perfect! Her rolled bangs are not as angled as mine, so they don't cover up so much of the right side of her forehead and obsure her right eye (our right, her left). I also had some difficulty with the COA getting in the way, so I taped some of them in place at the upper corner. Finally, for four of the five Designer Princess Dolls that I have fully deboxed (all but Snow White), I removed the cardboard backing entirely, and stored them with the slip covers. That makes it much easier to remove and replace the acrylic covers on their bases. And also those dolls are now displayed without any obstruction from any side. Just as if they were displayed in glass cases in a museum! :)

Disney Designer Princess In Clear Display Cases - Aurora, Ariel and Belle by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Selithiel, thanks for your beautiful photos of your deboxed Aurora! She looks perfect! Her rolled bangs are not as angled as mine, so they don't cover up so much of the right side of her forehead and obsure her right eye (our right, her left). I also had some difficulty with the COA getting in the way, so I taped some of them in place at the upper corner. Finally, for four of the five Designer Princess Dolls that I have fully deboxed (all but Snow White), I removed the cardboard backing entirely, and stored them with the slip covers. That makes it much easier to remove and replace the acrylic covers on their bases. And also those dolls are now displayed without any obstruction from any side. Just as if they were displayed in glass cases in a museum! :)

Disney Designer Princess In Clear Display Cases - Aurora, Ariel and Belle by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks! And that is an excellent idea! I didn't think about removing the backing at all - it definitely would make it so much easier to open the cases and look at the dolls. I really love how your Ariel looks de-boxed, it makes me want to open mine! Eventually I will work up the courage to open all ten I hope! I actually took my open Aurora over to my friends house for pictures, because she had opened her Rapunzel, but I did not want to open mine. I wanted to be able to have pictures of them together (like with my current signature), so we took some fun little candid shots with them.

AuroraandRapunzel4.png

I like this second one a lot because it looks like Rapunzel is too busy looking in her mirror to worry about the photo :p

AuroraandRapunzel5.png

This last one isn't the best quality because the flash was off, but I thought the natural reflection off of the mirror was very nice :)

Rapunzel4.png

Lovely photos, I really enjoyed looking through this thread (especially yours, DRJ1828, they never fail to amaze me!)! ^_^ Sorry for a rather sudden bump on this thread, but has anyone unboxed Designer Jasmine (or, slightly off topic, Wedding 17'' Rapunzel?) I would love to see the shoes and the details of the dolls! :) I heard that the LE Rapunzel has a very nice corset type fastening on the back of the dress, I am curious now! :p

I havent got any of the Designer dolls yet but as you asked about the 17" LE Rapunzel too, I have loads of nice piccys of mine deboxed here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.288011787925000.68544.287638184629027&type=3

Thanks, Merriennes! :) LOVE the photos of the back of the dress! Disney really went all the way with the detail... :) Still on a voyage for photos of her shoes, I am always intrigued by the shoes on full length gown dolls lol :p I think I may just have to unbox her, no way am I ever going to sell any of my dolls! ^_^

For 17" Wedding Rapunzel (pics of shoes included), check out the Wedding Edition Rapunzel Doll Thread (http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?11133-Wedding-Editin-Rapunzel-doll/page9). DRJ1828 and disneycrazee fully detail all of the beautiful features of Wedding Rapunzel's outfit.

As for the Designer Dolls, I am also very interested to know if anyone has deboxed Designer Pocahontas. I am not terribly happy with the way her hair looks in the packaging off to the side, but you all know that the most modifying I will do to my boxed dolls is to adjust minor things like head angle, hand positions, and fabric within the confines of the factory packaging. :)

For 17" Wedding Rapunzel (pics of shoes included), check out the Wedding Edition Rapunzel Doll Thread (http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?11133-Wedding-Editin-Rapunzel-doll/page9). DRJ1828 and disneycrazee fully detail all of the beautiful features of Wedding Rapunzel's outfit.

As for the Designer Dolls, I am also very interested to know if anyone has deboxed Designer Pocahontas. I am not terribly happy with the way her hair looks in the packaging off to the side, but you all know that the most modifying I will do to my boxed dolls is to adjust minor things like head angle, hand positions, and fabric within the confines of the factory packaging. :)

Thanks, Shivatopia! ^_^ She has jointed ankles (yay!), I hope other dolls are like this! ^_^ I know Merida has jointed ankles, but I don't think there's been any recent releases besides these two... I wish the shoes would have been better, but I guess they match Rapunzel's personality, if you will. :)

I am also interested in Designer Poci now that you mention it, I feel as if this doll is better than I think it is, she happens to by my least favourite of the Designer dolls next to Aurora, her dress was too same-ish as the original for me :( I saw your OOAK Aurora Shivatopia, she is wonderful! :)

Sorry... hijacking the thread lol :p Please, do continue! :) ^_^

I would love to see a fully deboxed and open Designer Mulan pictures. It's funny though since she's the cheapest of all 10, I haven't seen pictures of her out of the box. So far I only own her, Rapunzel and Aurora, but I only need Ariel, since those are my favorite 4 Princess. Right now I'm in LA, but I'll return to Mexico in one month, and after arriving I'm planning on oppening my 3 designer dolls.

I have a designer Ariel and im like dying to open her cuz i really dont like her unnatural head position and her hair is a little bunched in the middle from being held by the strings lol. But i dont know if i should!! I love all your pictures of them deboxed though! They look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back