• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?

Are you taking the dolls out of the Display case?

• Yes, They are so cute that I WILL be taking mines out!

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No, They are expensive!! I'll be keeping them sealed for sale value in years to come.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • They're for my child, so yes, we will be taking them out of the display case.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too ugly.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too expensive.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Why did they release this set??

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?
@Shivatopia Thanks! I really love her, with Mulan being my favorite Princess, I found this doll fascinating! And I totally agree with you, she's so elegant! In my opinion she has one of the best dresses, and it's really original! I still can't understand why she's the cheapest, but oh well.

@Guppy94 After finally getting my hands on an Ariel doll, I was so happy, but I was on the dilemma, whether to open it or keep it closed, since I paid $300 for her and well her price might continue rising through the years. But I decided to open it as I have always thought that toys, figures, dolls, etc, where meant to be open, that way you can appreciate its entire beauty! And I'm so happy I did, Ariel is a different doll once she's fully deboxed! At the end of the day it's your decision, but if you're not planning on selling her, I would say go for it and open her :) . I will post pictures of her someday this week, perhaps that might help with your decision :)

@celias90 Yes, you should! She's one of my favorites! And I'm pretty sure you'll find a good deal on Ebay since Mulan isn't expensive. And you're welcome ^_^ !

I got 3 x Designer Princess dolls for my birthday, I deboxed them all, they looks soooo goregeous ...

576033_400519163340928_470227712_n.jpg

418533_400851946640983_1422638261_n.jpg

388138_401218416604336_423249180_n.jpg

There are loads more piccys on my http://www.facebook.com/HollysDollys blog ;o)

I finally took the plunge and opened Ariel and im glad i did hha she looks amazing! I saw one of the members on here (im sorry i forgot which one haha) put their princes in with them and i tried that and i looooove the idea. Ariel and Eric look so good in the box thank you for that idea!!! I'd post pics but I dont know how :)

I finally took the plunge and opened Ariel and im glad i did hha she looks amazing! I saw one of the members on here (im sorry i forgot which one haha) put their princes in with them and i tried that and i looooove the idea. Ariel and Eric look so good in the box thank you for that idea!!! I'd post pics but I dont know how :)

can't wait to see your pics ^^

To post a pic , you have to find a site that can hosted your pictures, then clic on the little pictures on the toobar when you write your reply. I'm not an english speaker so if someone can explain better in english...

Hey guys! Today I bring you pictures of my Fully Deboxed Rapunzel. I'm aware a lot of users have showed theirs of her, so I tried to make my pictures different so you don't get bored of seeing her again ;). Also I want to share with you, that I took the risk of ironing her dress, since the bottom of the dress was full of wrinkles caused by the clips that hold her when she's sealed. Anyway, I'm glad I did it, because my Rapunzel now looks like the promo pictures of the doll.

While her dress was being ironed, I took pictures of the doll without the dress so you can see the body mold.

7966934740_0fddce863b.jpg

Next I dressed her with a Barbie Basics dress, just for fun.

7966932972_16ff3f3610.jpg

And when the dress was ready, I decided to put it on a Regular Disney Store Rapunzel doll, to see the diference:

7966938894_3fa7d827c6_z.jpg
7966941010_143090855a_z.jpg

Finally here's Designer Rapunzel with her newly ironed Dress! It's stunning :D !

7966965674_bff50f1054_z.jpg
7966942964_8da97ac6a6_z.jpg

Posing next to Pascal!

7966922108_e9895dfcf9_z.jpg
7966927764_f2cd59f7d7_z.jpg

Now with Flynn! I had a lot of fun taking these pictures :D They look adorable together!

7966948152_6c01d43f90_z.jpg

7966950928_7c198d8e01_z.jpg
7966953736_e81e4093e7_z.jpg

7966956528_61ebaa6c35_z.jpg
7966959080_a9bebc7b83_z.jpg
7966968746_415be26b51_z.jpg

Showing her heels:

7966961704_82d7ecdc1c_z.jpg
7966964142_a3fdd22594.jpg

And finally comparing Designer Rapunzel with Regular Rapunzel :) !

7966973406_5e95d08fdb_z.jpg

Hope you liked them, and here's the link to my Flickr album so you can see the pictures in High Definition :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82128704@N07/sets/72157631490256562/

Last edited:
Fabulous pics, alex555! :) The gown looks so much better after the wrinkles get ironed out. you have some very creative photos here. I love the Rapunzel and Flynn pics the best. It's great that you used the Celebration gift set Flynn. He looks very dapper in his black outfit. Designer Rapunzel would also look good with the wedding Flynn dressed in white and gray. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88646628@N03/8088920099/in/photostream

Heres a pic of my Ariel Designer released from her restraints lol! She looks gorgeous and im very happy i opened her!

Now i noticed that the acrylic case has gotten a blue tint to it...is this normal? is there any way to fix it? Its not terrible or detracting from the display i just always notice the tint and wonder why its not totally clear anymore.

Last edited:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88646628@N03/8088920099/in/photostream

Heres a pic of my Ariel Designer released from her restraints lol! She looks gorgeous and im very happy i opened her!

Now i noticed that the acrylic case has gotten a blue tint to it...is this normal? is there any way to fix it? Its not terrible or detracting from the display i just always notice the tint and wonder why its not totally clear anymore.

I love your pics, Guppy94! I really like how you reproduced the pose from the Designer Ariel design sketch. :) I also love how you kept her hair more narrow-looking on top. I've noticed that her hair tends to spread out when people debox her, giving her a bigger hair look. I like it like this, where it's more like the sketch. I have not noticed any of my Designer doll cases obtaining a blueish tint to them. I do tend to keep them away from all sorts of natural light (not near windows or outside doors, shielded by the book case frame, etc.).

I love your pics, Guppy94! I really like how you reproduced the pose from the Designer Ariel design sketch. :) I also love how you kept her hair more narrow-looking on top. I've noticed that her hair tends to spread out when people debox her, giving her a bigger hair look. I like it like this, where it's more like the sketch. I have not noticed any of my Designer doll cases obtaining a blueish tint to them. I do tend to keep them away from all sorts of natural light (not near windows or outside doors, shielded by the book case frame, etc.).

Oh maybe thats what it is....she is near a window.....dang I guess I'll move her then haha! I mean the blueish tint doesnt really look bad it actually kinda looks cool and watery hich is perfect for Ariel ha!

And thanks! Yeah I really liked the pose that the sketch had so I tried my best to replicate it! Ive actually move her head a little bit lower and put her left hand over her hair to made it look even more like the flowing hair that the sketch has! Next Time I go home I'll take more pictures and post them! Those two were definitely the best that I've taken so far!

Oh the hair thing yeah! I kept that red string at the top. Its the only one I kept cuz I saw how others had taken it off and It fanned out so I figured If I didnt cut that one it would keep its narrow shape which I love!!

Yeah I really liked the pose that the sketch had so I tried my best to replicate it! Ive actually move her head a little bit lower and put her left hand over her hair to made it look even more like the flowing hair that the sketch has! Next Time I go home I'll take more pictures and post them! Those two were definitely the best that I've taken so far!
She looks great posed like that!

Last edited:

This, I very much do not like or concur with at all.
Pocahontas, Ariel and Rapunzel (my favourites besides Cindy and Aurora) are not "wanna be" Princesses, I am slightly offended.
Did not think you thought in such a way!

Moondance,
Everyone has a right to voice their opinion. I agree with Swim2sea on who the first and real princess are. Although I love all Disney dolls. If you really think about it, are Mulan & Pocahontas real fairy tale princess???

Pocahontas could be seen to have a princess like status in her tribe, but Mulan? No.
Anyway the whole 'Disney Princess' brand started in the early 2000s as a way of marketing past films since there were no more classic fairytales (until PatF), I never grew up with it and through my eyes as a kid watching the videos only saw their character. If someone asks me now who is your favourite princess I say I do not have one, I always state I have favourite characters; for me growing up Ariel and Belle were my heroines. Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Jasmine were princesses but that wasn't their defining characteristic, it didn't register to me.
The Princess brand is fun for little ones who like to dress up but I tend to ignore the whole pink princess & sparkles thing as I don't associate it with them. Pocahontas and Mulan are good role models in it is not their looks but it's kindness, courage & spirit that counts, so it's nice to have them in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back