• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Diamond Decades - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Diamond Decades - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

TheNobleHelium

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I went to DLR to go pick up the new Diamond Decades pin released today Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and I must have looked at maybe 50 pins at multiple stores before I found one I was happy with. Maybe I was just being too picky but it seems this batch of pins has a lot of problems: it was either the doors were glued shut, faulty hinges (doors too loose, there was even one that was missing a hinge), paint defects, enamel defects, basically anything that could go wrong seems like it did. I never thought I'd be that guy standing at the counter for 15 minutes finding the right pin but at least the stores weren't too busy today and the cast members were understanding and helpful when I kept handing back pins (and were almost in disbelief when I said I'd take the one I had, haha). There have been some problems with previous Diamond Decades pins but it wasn't nearly as bad as this, the most I've had to look at is 2 or 3 to find a good one so I don't know what happened with these Mr. Toad ones. Hopefully everyone found one they were happy with too!

You might have seen my post about the Haunted Mansion Decades pin...yeah I'm not the type either to be picky and inspect pins but after that experience I might have to be more picky, so I know what you mean.

I went to DLR to go pick up the new Diamond Decades pin released today Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and I must have looked at maybe 50 pins at multiple stores before I found one I was happy with. Maybe I was just being too picky but it seems this batch of pins has a lot of problems: it was either the doors were glued shut, faulty hinges (doors too loose, there was even one that was missing a hinge), paint defects, enamel defects, basically anything that could go wrong seems like it did. I never thought I'd be that guy standing at the counter for 15 minutes finding the right pin but at least the stores weren't too busy today and the cast members were understanding and helpful when I kept handing back pins (and were almost in disbelief when I said I'd take the one I had, haha). There have been some problems with previous Diamond Decades pins but it wasn't nearly as bad as this, the most I've had to look at is 2 or 3 to find a good one so I don't know what happened with these Mr. Toad ones. Hopefully everyone found one they were happy with too!

Thats a shame but I'm glad you finally found one!

IMO the past year I feel between the HUGE increase in pins via re sale and the quality and repetitive poses, Disney pins are worse than ever. No wonder the FP market is on fire. The pins are 10x better and bigger. sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back