• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Did I just buy 2 scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I just buy 2 scrappers?

pkcrossing89

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://imgur.com/a/irI5f Excuse my sucky nails.

I bought these two pins from a southern Florida seller on Amazon. Maydelina1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=AQ3CZ6NMZP66K She's some individual seller that sells a variety of Disney pins and some soccer cards or something. They were used and I only got the pin and the Mickey Mouse head that covers the pokey part on back. I'm not sure if they're legit or not. Memorial Day's edges aren't very smooth. The pointy thing on back isn't straight and seems bent. Back says "OFFICIAL PIN TRADING 2004" in a Mickey head. Below it says "Limited Edition of 3,500" (C) DISNEY MADE IN CHINA" and I don't see any typos. Spring Break's edges are smooth mostly but it seems they've been worn a bit from bad care. At one place on bottom, the edge has been slightly chipped. Back says "OFFICIAL PIN TRADING 2005" in Mickey head. Below it says "(C) Disney Made in China Limited Edition of 2000" and there is no comma in "2000" unlike the Memorial Day one. There is a small itty bitty other pokey thing next to the normal big one (as seen in a pic) and that concerns me a bit. The back of this one is also black and not gold. They don't smell like anything. Neither has a design on the back or back pattern. Based upon this and the pics, are these scrappers?

I know the first one Memorial Day has been scrappered but havent heard anything of the 2nd one- Looking at the person's pins for sale as well as the pins pictured I'm rather sure they are good since the pins she has for sale are approx the time frame :)

-em

Just a quick question since I am new, are we allowed to question sellers on the forums? I was told by my friend that this was frowned upon. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

Just a quick question since I am new, are we allowed to question sellers on the forums? I was told by my friend that this was frowned upon. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

You are not supposed to mention sellers names or post links to their auctions/sales.

Looking at them from the pictures I would have to agree with everyone else, they look fine but it is a little tough to be sure from pictures (although your pictures are very good which is why I said they look good to me)
You do have to watch amazon though, my wife bought me some pins from there for Christmas and some of them were scrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back