• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
They have a deluxe Little Mermaid set too, and an adorable Rapunzel set. They have so many cute dolls out now. I'm still trying to catch up on the deluxe mini sets.

I'd love to get the big mini set, but I have no money to spare until the 23rd with all the LE dolls coming out. I've already taken money from other areas of my budget and then spent some on non Disney dolls. The problem with the Disney dolls, like the deluxe Animators' collection, is the fear of them selling out even if they aren't LE. I'd love to be able to save up and wait for Cyber Monday, but I'm worried about items selling out. I thought I had plenty of time on some things last year, but they were gone within a week or so and never seen online again. I really don't understand that. Some things come back and others are gone in a flash. It's really hard to know what to buy. Disney is one of the scariest companies for a doll collector. The stock is so unpredictable. I could easily spend about $500 right now on the non LE they have. I'm usually good at annually budgeting for these things, but so many LE doll releases this year have really thrown my budget way off and I'm hardly getting anything else.

Yes to all of this. I am dealing with the exact same thing. Usually my budget is equipped to handle everything but this year it has been so many surprises with LE and non LE merch that I can't keep up. Now I am trying to guess what to get first before it sells out. Yikes!!!

So how long do the animator's deluxe sets last? I missed the ariel set the last time (with the pink nightgown and bathtub) and now that its back with an even better dress im ecstatic but i may have to wait a bit because of all these LE's lol

I remember that the sets were around for most of the holiday season last year. They would occasionally sell out (especially the Frozen set) but then reappear again. I also need to get the Ariel set but am trying to hold out because I just bought Aladdin and Jasmine LE.

My mini set arrived yesterday! :D

In the box:
22227410472_53dceb72cc.jpg

21617457664_40117543d5.jpg

And out:

21619175933_0b72d2fbd5.jpg

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92900279@N02/albums/72157659544242600

I put the mini ,frozen , and Rapunzel sets on my Christmas list. Hope they don't sell out because my parents are late shoppers . I wish there was a mini Aladdin in this set . I think I'll get big Aladdin and Cinderella too.

I've never seen a mini tink except for in the big set just released! Was she available alone as a mini? I want her!

I don't think she was available as a mini alone. The mini animator sets with one doll each released so far are - as far as I know: Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna.

Anyone else seen the mini Belle set in store yet? I've been checking my local DS, but only see Cinderella, Elsa, Anna, Jasmine, Ariel and Rapunzel. I've seen pics of her online with the peasant dress, but no other news about an arrival date.

Is the mini animator gift set already sold out in the US? A Google search brings up disneystore uk and eBay sites, but there's nothing on the US site.

Anyone else seen the mini Belle set in store yet? I've been checking my local DS, but only see Cinderella, Elsa, Anna, Jasmine, Ariel and Rapunzel. I've seen pics of her online with the peasant dress, but no other news about an arrival date.

They had her at my Disney Store (Mission Viejo, Ca) last time I went. They also have her on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the mini animator gift set already sold out in the US? A Google search brings up disneystore uk and eBay sites, but there's nothing on the US site.

I saw a couple of sets in my local Disney Store when I went yesterday. They might be in some stores and not others, just depends on what's popular in certain areas. Hopefully you can still track one down.

Is there a checklist of all the Animators' Collection dolls ever released? And is the new Rapunzel set actually new? I mean, what's different compared to the previous set? I know the new Frozen dolls sing and that Ariel has a different dress, but I can't seem to find anything different about this set...

Of course the 15 mini doll set is back in stock now that friends and family discount is over. *eyeroll*

I was able to buy the collector set online with the 20% discount. Eagerly awaiting for its arrival. My daughter and I love the mini sets so it's her Christmas present.

What is the cheapest price you guys have seen the animator dolls go for (and for that matter the classic dolls and singing dolls)? My best friend has decided she wants to collect the animator dolls and just asked me if she should wait for Black Friday or just buy them now with the 40% off. I also want the singing Anna and Rapunzel (though she's not on sale) so I'm trying to figure out if I should wait on Anna or not. Thanks!

(Photo public by Tumblr disneylimitededitiondolls, Credits to Instagram slinkybeads)

tumblr_nyr7geDEBB1tp9tvoo1_540.jpg

Tinkerbelle is great but I wish accesories were better... But love the clock :)

Is Tinkerbell new ? I am a huge Brave fan (this is my main pin collection also) and I am desperate to see Merida in this mini doll suitcase series !

Yes, Tinkerbell is new but don't know where :-D I haven't seen yet online or in stores here in Spain...
I really want Merida too... and Mulan :p

Disney really needs to revitalize this line. I don't know why they still haven't released anymore of the princes. I would actually prefer the villains, but I can see why they don't want to do that. No parent would want their kid to play with a child version of a villain.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the prince when Snow White comes out in a couple of months... Hopefully they'll release the other princes. It doesn't matter that some of these characters didn't appear as kids in the movie. Half of the original line was created for that release.

But at the same time... I feel like they have lost their magic. Elsa still looks creepy. Anna looks good. But Aladdin was a massive misstep in terms of his face mold.
So I hope they bring in good animators to design the new ones.

Maybe even start a limited edition line? I can see Disney making a limited Anna with embroidered details like in the movie.

Villains is a great idea, a mini maleficient, a mini ursula, I imagine them with a design close to the cute villains pins released in DSF this year, it would be too cute !

Disney really needs to revitalize this line. I don't know why they still haven't released anymore of the princes. I would actually prefer the villains, but I can see why they don't want to do that. No parent would want their kid to play with a child version of a villain.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the prince when Snow White comes out in a couple of months... Hopefully they'll release the other princes. It doesn't matter that some of these characters didn't appear as kids in the movie. Half of the original line was created for that release.

But at the same time... I feel like they have lost their magic. Elsa still looks creepy. Anna looks good. But Aladdin was a massive misstep in terms of his face mold.
So I hope they bring in good animators to design the new ones.

Maybe even start a limited edition line? I can see Disney making a limited Anna with embroidered details like in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back