Disney Animator Dolls?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Princess Snowglobe, Sep 29, 2011.

1. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Toddler Ariel In The Sea

Here is Toddler Ariel in the deep blue sea, along with her friend Flounder.

[​IMG]
    Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Full Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Closeup Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

2. natasja

natasja Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

rapunzel is back on the site

3. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

All 10 Animators' Dolls Back Online!

Now if you do a search on animators you will see all 10 dolls of the Animators' Collection, and they are all available for purchase. However, on the Animators' Collection page itself, only 7 of them are shown. Good to see all of the missing dolls back!

4. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

All 10 Animators' Collection Dolls are now on the Animators' Collection page. They look so cute all together!

5. love4dollz

love4dollz Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ok im torn lol i know i really really want belle, Rapunzel, Poci and Jasmine but i cant decide between Mulan, Ariel and Cinderella (IM only getting 5 at the moment lol) who would you choose??? please help me decide:D

6. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

How can you not get Ariel?

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Ariel Toddler Doll Closeup 2 by drj1828, on Flickr

7. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

20% Off US Disney Store Purchases Instore and Online

A bit off topic, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for this.

I got an email from the Disney Store (US) this morning about 20% off for your purchases online OR instore from today, November 11, 2011 through Tuesday, November 15, 2011. There is a printable coupon for use instore, or use the code DISNEYPAL online. Looks like the coupon, or the promo code, can be used only one time (i.e. for one order), per Guest. Although I'm not absolutely sure about that, as the wording in the fine print is a little ambiguous. In addition, if you purchase more than $75 on a single order online, the shipping is free. Apparently, you don't have to add the code SHIPTODAY to get the free shipping. So that makes things simpler.

Also, if you bring a Tshirt to recycle to a Disney Store, there is another coupon for 25% off the purchases you make instore at one time.

This offer is also promoted on the main page of the Disney Store (US).

8. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Animators' Ariel Doll In Rapunzel's Dress

Disney Animators' Ariel comes in a mermaid tail, but underneath has regular legs and feet just like the other toddler dolls. So to show what she might look like as a human toddler, I have dressed her in Animators' Rapunzel's dress. She is left in her bare feet, just as is Rapunzel. Also, the dress allows her to sit down, which her mermaid tail made impossible. Here are some photos. Click any photo or the links to see more and larger photos:

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Ariel In Rapunzel's Dress Standing Up - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Ariel In Rapunzel's Dress Standing Up - Front View Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Ariel In Rapunzel's Dress Sitting Down - Full View by drj1828, on Flickr

9. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Disney Animators' Rapunzel as a Mermaid

Okay, since Ariel borrowed Rapunzel's dress so she can pose as a human, it's only natural that Rapunzel put on Ariel's outfit so she can be a mermaid. One problem is that Rapunzel's painted on underwear is larger than Ariel's, so the tail has to be pulled up higher to cover it up. There wasn't enough leaway or give in the upper part of the tail, so the velcro fastener in the back didn't quite mate properly all the way. Other than that, Rapunzel looked great in Ariel's outfit, and is what I imagine a very young Daryl Hannah might have looked like as a toddler Madison in Splash. Here's a few photos of Rapunzel as a Little Mermaid:

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit - Front Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit In The Sea With Flounder - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Awww I especially like Ariel in Rapunzel's outfit.

11. aandersonis

aandersonis Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Wow awesome photos DRJ1828!!! Love seeing Ariel in human form too.
    I bought Ariel like a month or do ago and I have a little sister who I couldn't resist let play with her lol. Needless to say she is in desperate need of a hair brushing lol. So my Ariel's hair is so not as pristine as yours...but I just have a super hard time saying no to her I mean she won't even be 2 until jan.

12. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch! Maybe you should get another Ariel for yourself. Brushing out Ariel's hair is a big job - much more time consuming than for Rapunzel. Even though Rapunzel has longer hair, Ariel has much more hair, and it's curly. Tangle city! LOL. Ariel with tangled hair reminds me of the Feral Child in the Road Warrior or Newt in Aliens.

13. natasja

natasja Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ariel looks a lot like rapunzel in that dress.

rapunzel as ariel looks scary with the green eyes and tail

14. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Rapunzel is now SOLD OUT again online. :( Hopefully they will restock her again soon.

15. cocosianelle

cocosianelle Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

For those in the UK I had an email from Disney stating the dolls would not be released before December but they would be updating the coming soon page with an exact date...

16. natasja

natasja Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

she is available again

17. tankgirl_13

tankgirl_13 Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

ahh noo!!! :-( I really hope they are out in time for christmas!! my nieace really wants one!!

edit.... just seen this on the facebook page, hope that means they will be here for xmas!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  18. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll

I just got a used 38'' Disney Rapunzel doll. She was released by Disney in conjunction with the release of Tangled in late 2010. She is called the Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend on the original packaging. She is also called by some resellers as the Rapunzel My Size Doll, although she is not actually in the Mattel My Size Doll series. There was actually a Mattel Rapunzel My Size Doll made in the 1990's that has a very different look than the Disney doll. She can stand on her own on a flat surface, such as on a hardwood or linoleum floor, and is very stable. Her dress is a good likeness of the one from the movie, and is very similar to the Rapunzel dress sold by Disney for small girls. Her hair is very fine and soft and straight and about 20'' long. Her hair was braided by the previous owner. She also comes with a light up plastic flower hairclip, and cloth slippers.

Here are some pictures of her free standing on a hardwood floor:

[​IMG]
    Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

19. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

20. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

UK Disney Animators' Collection Page Updated

The UK Disney Animators' Collection Page has now been updated to include the text from the announcement that tankgirl_13 found on Facebook. Here is the graphics part of the page:

[​IMG][​IMG]

21. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

22. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

23. stybbafirefoot

stybbafirefoot Member

0   0   0

They look wonderful together, can't wait for them to get here at last!

24. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Thanks! I hope the UK Disney Store keeps to its schedule and makes them available in mid-December for you. That is really cutting it close to Christmas, especially if you order it online.

25. DRJ1828

DRJ1828 Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011