• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Attractionistas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Attractionistas

MagicLover1

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Disney Parks blog just posted information about a new collection of dolls called "Attractionistas".
raqecz.jpg

The concept artwork above was created by Disney Design Group Artist Mike Sullivan and features two dolls from a new line called “Disney Attractionistas.†Coming this summer, the dolls were inspired by attractions found at Disney Parks.â€

I presume this is The Teacup Ride and The Haunted Mansion. What're your thoughts?

The name is pretty silly, but generally I'm totally loving the concept. I think it could be either really well done, or slightly not-so-well done. Regardless I'm totally excited for this. It's nice to see them branch out with newer ideas.

I hope these are modeled sort of after the Animator / It's a Small World Dolls! Even if it isn't, these look interesting and I'm excited to see them.

I think it's a cute idea! I'm excited to see how Disney does this. (The color schemes of these two made me think of some of the Monster High dolls.)

Oooh, also it seems that each of the dolls has a "pet"! (The bat and the rabbit.) I wonder if the other attractions will get one too. :)

They made me think of Monster High dolls too

I wonder if they're going to avoid the attractions that have characters associated with them? Tea cups seem easily distinguishable but will they try for Dumbo or any of the dark movie rides?

I agree with everyone saying they look like monster high, the colour schemes they have are lovely! I think these dolls will be new and exciting!

Do you think these will be sold online or just in the parks? I hope they're online since I'm not able to get to the parks easily. MA --> FL or MA --> CA isn't easily doable unfortunately.

I love the concept and the concept art, but the problem with lines like this is Disney probably won't release more than one wave. Meaning, if I really love them and want to grow my collection I won't be able to--unlike Monster High. Disney focuses too much on the princesses (and now Frozen). I hope they release a good number for those interested. If they make a iasw attractionista I might not be able to resist, but other than that I'll just admire pics.

I love the concept and the concept art, but the problem with lines like this is Disney probably won't release more than one wave. Meaning, if I really love them and want to grow my collection I won't be able to--unlike Monster High. Disney focuses too much on the princesses (and now Frozen). I hope they release a good number for those interested. If they make a iasw attractionista I might not be able to resist, but other than that I'll just admire pics.

Your reply got me thinking. Right now, these dolls are both MK attractions. (They are also found in Disneyland, I think.) I wonder if, depending on the success of this first line, they will expand it to attractions in other parks. Perhaps that may be one way they do waves in terms of parks. (I.E. Series one being MK rides, series two being Epcot rides, etc.) But it really all depends on the success of this first line.

Your reply got me thinking. Right now, these dolls are both MK attractions. (They are also found in Disneyland, I think.) I wonder if, depending on the success of this first line, they will expand it to attractions in other parks.
The Alice one is pretty DLR-specific actually as it's a mash up of Mad Tea Party (the attraction) and Mad T Party (the show with band at DCA) as the bottom half of Alice's "attractionista" dress is from Mad T Party Alice as are the colored streaks in her hair. People cosplay and bound as this T version of Alice at DCA/DL as well as that goth/HM style for Bats Day as well as other themed days (i.e. Dapper/bounding, etc.) and I'm guessing that's where some of the inspiration for this doll line came from.

This isn't the best comparison, but here's the T concept art of the band so you can see Alice's dress (but you don't see in this art that she's has multiple colored streaks in her hair - especially that light pink - in the real version of the outfit):

MTP_Band.jpg

Definitely modeled after Monster High and Ever After High. It is smart of them to jump on that band wagon!

I'm skeptical. I really like the concept idea, but the art isn't really that exciting to me quite yet. Maybe the doll execution will floor me!
I really am glad to see them trying something different and unique though. Go Disney!

Very very interesting. I am gonna so swoop down on these. Its remarkable Disney didn't do a batch of dolls tied to their park "areas" before. It makes so much common sense. I talked about it to another collector (general) and she did say that the demographic will be very particular which i think posters have covered here already. There will be a small audience out there who will love these dolls. So its about pitching the right cost, the right dolls (and design/specs) and the right numbers....Get that all right and it could be a really successful line of merchandise. I'd personally love to see mascots/dolls represent Space Mountain someday down the line!

Cool, I had forgotten all about these! She's cute. I wonder when these will hit the Disney Store.

She looks great! I hope she's available on the Disney Store online and not just in the parks.

Cool, I had forgotten all about these! She's cute. I wonder when these will hit the Disney Store.

They may put them online but they wont be in the actual stores. Though I don't remember Disney putting many of their park dolls online so they probably wont show up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back