• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney bringing back the Princess Classic Film Doll Collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney bringing back the Princess Classic Film Doll Collection?
Classic Doll Set Is Now Available Online

The new, 2011 edition of the Disney Princess 12'' Classic Doll Collection -- 10-Pc. is now available for sale on the US Disney Store site. You can compare the new dolls with the 2010 edition, which sold out several months ago (I think in July). One of the main differences is that Disney has removed all glitter from the doll's clothing. I will be purchasing this set and writing a review here when I receive them.

Last edited:
The new, 2011 edition of the Disney Princess 12'' Classic Doll Collection -- 10-Pc. is now available for sale on the US Disney Store site. You can compare the new dolls with the 2010 edition . One of the main differences is that Disney has removed all glitter from the doll's clothing. I will be purchasing this set and writing a review here when I receive them.
The UK Disney Store also has this Princess Set of 10 Dolls, with some slight differences in their version, and a nice zoomable image of all 10 dolls outside of the box.

I think the dresses are way too narrow to be considered "classic". These were ball gowns for Cinderella and some others and Ariel wasn't a mermaid when she danced. I just think these are a cheap knock-off of the Signature Collection dolls. I for one, won't be buying.......wait a minute, I could use these as a basis for the OOAK dolls I want to try. Well, guess I will be buying them after all.

I will do a full review of the different versions of the 12" standard (aka classic, aka poseable) Disney Princess dolls when I get the 10 piece set (hopefully soon). But in the mean time I want to point out that the Disney Store currently sells two versions of this doll. The ones in the 10 piece set have no glitter, whereas the ones that are separately sold have lots and lots of glitter, and there are various other differences. Disney calls the new dresses "deluxe sparkle gowns." Several of them have new, longer, straighter hairstyles (similar to the makeover that the 17" singing princesses got). By the way, the new separately sold sparkly Snow White was recently sold out for a few days, but is now available again. For many months, Snow White was conspicuously absent from the 12" Disney Store Princess line, until she showed up in the new sparkly dress.

Photos of My Classic Doll Collection

The new, 2011 edition of the Disney Princess 12'' Classic Doll Collection -- 10-Pc. is now available for sale on the US Disney Store site. You can compare the new dolls with the 2010 edition, which sold out several months ago (I think in July). One of the main differences is that Disney has removed all glitter from the doll's clothing. I will be purchasing this set and writing a review here when I receive them.
I just received my Classic Doll Collection, and took a few quick photos, of all the dolls still in the packaging. I will debox all the dolls, and will be discussing them in more detail soon. First a short review, or rather overview.

The 2011 Disney Princess 12'' Classic Film Doll Collection. Consists of the 10 official Disney Princesses as fully articulated 12" Barbie style dolls. They come in a sturdy cardboard carrying and display case. The front clear plastic window have each doll labeled with the original film title and year where they were introduced. Behind them are background scenes that are representative of those movies. They are wearing their signature outfits. They have with very little if any glitter, especially compared to the 2010 version of these dolls, or the separately sold 2011 Disney Store versions of these dolls.

Here are the photos.

2011 Disney Princess 12'' Classic Film Doll Collection - Front View Of Box by drj1828, on Flickr

2011 Disney Princess 12'' Classic Film Doll Collection - Back View Of Box by drj1828, on Flickr

2011 Disney Princess 12'' Classic Film Doll Collection - Front View Unboxed by drj1828, on Flickr

Wow - you must have a really big house or do you live in the doll house too??? I wish I had enough room to display dolls. I'm just sticking with my 3 Classic Princesses for now. I have the Signature Collection of Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora and the Designer Princesses of the same. But your collection is just beautiful and the doll house is a great place to put them.

Wow - you must have a really big house or do you live in the doll house too??? I wish I had enough room to display dolls. I'm just sticking with my 3 Classic Princesses for now. I have the Signature Collection of Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora and the Designer Princesses of the same. But your collection is just beautiful and the doll house is a great place to put them.
LOL, no I don't live in a doll house, but I do have lots of room in my house. It's a good thing that these dolls don't have much glitter, or else I would have to continually cleanup after them. By the way, the wallpaper in the doll house has the same pattern as the one used in much of the Designer Collection merchandise. Here is a closeup of one of the rooms that shows it:

Princesses in Enchanted Palace - Ariel and Snow White by drj1828, on Flickr

i don't have much room either because i live with my parents. i don't have the money to go on my own right now. still on collage in the same village, but i am not feeling to old for that (21). but i buy the things i like and store them away on the atic, basement and garage and wkat i really like the most i put in my room. and when i got my own place i going to take them out of storage.

i saw on facebook that disneystore is going to sell a sort brown hair rapunzel in fall 2012. when the release of the short rapunzel movie ever after. i think i am goning to get one if it is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back