• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Character Keys by ACME Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Character Keys by ACME Archives

AmandaAutumn

Just let the snow man be!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would start a thread for these. Im a little baffled by how the Frozen ones are way expensive now on Ebay. I honestly thought they stay at $100. I mean they are going for LE pin prices! I was able to get an Elsa but was gonna wait and get Anna at a later date. I guess I wont now.

Anyways, do ya'll like them? I wonder if they will make keys for everyone else (Rapunzel, Flynn, Merida..)?

Everything Frozen is expensive.
It's no surprise that they sold out, given how the old ones are still in stock.

As for the keys themselves.
I still haven't made up my mind yet.
I love the idea, but sometimes I feel like they're not worth it.

I don't know.. I think the inside look great, and I love the cell. The biggest drawback is the matte or the frame around the cells.
It's just bland.
I also don't like how the Frozen ones don't seem to have a long enough words section. It's like, you'd think that Elsa would have a lot of info, but no... we just get like a sentence.

My favorites:
Aurora
Maleficent
Belle
Gaston

I only own Anna and Elsa though, cause i knew that they would sell out fast.
I'm interested in seeing the future ones, and I'm 90% sure that they'll have other characters!

I have Anna, Elsa, Buzz, Woody and Sorcerer Mickey. I was considering collecting all the princesses if they are still available, I think together these would look amazing.

They are nice, but I wouldn't pay more than retail for them; $40 was already a little expensive. I liked the idea of them, and when I saw the other characters at Disneyland I went online and ordered the Frozen ones.

Compared to some of the other Character Keys, they aren't one of the better sets. Perhaps it was because the movie was the latest release; but they seemed to be put together rather quickly, and lack a little bit of the quality of the first ones. And I love how crisp the characters look in the other Keys, and a bit disappointed how blurry Anna and Elsa look. I assumed it was because they were computed animated, rather than hand drawn, but the Toy Story ones look a little better.

All in all, they are nice to own, but not a must have. :)

I agree, they are a tad expensive retail. But I do love them because they are still affordable. I wish they were 8x10 size, and white mat board. I think white would be so much nicer.

I was lucky enough to get both Frozen ones before they sold out, and I have to say I think they are awesome! :bigthumb: I wouldn't pay over retail however I don't think! I have mine framed, I will take a picture at some point and post it! :D

I just got my Maleficent and Aurora ones in and I have to say that I love them. I even appreciate the small size because I can make a character themed area for the characters I really love. I did also get a hold of the Frozen set, but I like the Sleeping Beauty ones better. I'm honestly not sure why.

[Q UOTE=coopscohen;732850]Thanks for posting. I was able to grab one. 167 left.[/QUOTE]

Where does it tell you how many there are left?

Old thread bump up, does anyone know whether ACME is making any other Disney Character Keys? I thought I read somewhere that they lost their license at the end of 2014 but now I can't find the article.

I don''t know about that but they have released 8 through hot topic recently. I made a topic for them. They're all 2D versions of the characters and there's Zero, Jack, Sally, Stitch, Belle, Anna and Elsa and Ariel

I think these are great, starting to get addicted to them! Not like I needed to collect anything else Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back