• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Classic 12" Dolls (Canadian Collectors Please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Classic 12" Dolls (Canadian Collectors Please!)

Luna_Ray

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if some of my fellow Canucks could give some info about the Classics 12" dolls available at the Disney Stores and possibly help me out with purchasing them. I am desperately in search of the Belle, Snow White, and Tiana/or Jasmine Classic dolls for a project. On the official web site the dolls are about $15 US or 2 or more for $10 each, and with the $25 shipping and currency conversion, that would work out to about $65 in Canadian currency (not including any importing fees I may get charged). I find that to be a little on the high side for what I'm willing to spend. Where I live, the nearest US Disney store is about 2 hours away and the nearest Canadian store is about 3 hours away, plus in the middle of winter the roads aren't the greatest and I prefer to stay off the highways. Is anybody familiar with the Disney store pricing that they know the price of the Classic dolls both individually and if there's a promotion where it's cheaper to buy 2 or more? I am also wondering if the dolls are sold at any other stores that are more frequently found in mid-sized cities, such as Toysrus or Target (not the Mattel versions though). I haven't been able to find any, but thought I'd ask just in case.

The second part of my question is, if the prices are worth it, would somebody Canadian who frequents the store be able to pick up some of the dolls, remove them from the packaging and send them all in one box to me via Canada Post? Heck, I think even someone in the US just sending through USPS would save me time and money. I would be happy to provide payment for everything, as well as provide something in return- extra for the errand or artwork?

Also thank you for everybody who took the time to read through and provide some answers. I know I'm being picky, but I am so desperate for the dolls and would really like to find the best option that would get me the dolls without paying a bunch of extra fees for international shipping and importing. I'm also always willing to help fellow collectors and Disney fans out, not really sure how haha, but if you think I can do something for you, just send me a PM and I'll try my best.

Thanks for the help! :wavey:

I'm planning on stopping by the Disney store near me tomorrow after work, I can take a look at what the pricing is. I don't collect them, so haven't paid too much attention to what they cost. I'm in Vancouver, so there would be no import fees :) If my plans change, I'll let you know!

Thanks Mali, even just knowing the prices is a huge help! Normally I collect the Designer dolls, but I think the $25 plus import fees is a bit much just for the regular Classic dolls. Also UPS almost always charges me at the border too so I would love an option through Canada Post or USPS

You could also try calling the Canadian Disney stores and have them them ship them straight to you without the hardcore shipping and no conversion currency ;D

Sadly I can't help you for I'm in Europe but I feel with you. My land doesn't have a disneystore and shipping from England would cost more than the doll itself . :(
In the US onlinestore you can get 2 or more classic dolls (except Frozen dolls) cheaper.(Classic Dolls $10 each when you buy 2 or more - thats what it's called)

Last edited:
You could also try calling the Canadian Disney stores and have them them ship them straight to you without the hardcore shipping and no conversion currency ;D

Do they really do that?!!!! I assume you'd know working there and all, so that's amazing.

As for the prices, I THINK they're $12 each when you buy 2 or more in Canada. I don't collect, but I'm in the store often enough. I usually go on Wednesdays. So are you looking for 3? I can't tell if you want to choose between Tiana and Jasmine (my two fave princesses) or if you would like both if at all possible. If I picked them up for you it would be a LITTLE more expensive because our taxes are higher (13%). For 3 dolls x$12 +tx it would be $40.68 CAD + shipping. The shipping would probably be between 10 and 15? It's an option I guess, if your local store can't ship to you.

Do they really do that?!!!! I assume you'd know working there and all, so that's amazing.

As for the prices, I THINK they're $12 each when you buy 2 or more in Canada. I don't collect, but I'm in the store often enough. I usually go on Wednesdays. So are you looking for 3? I can't tell if you want to choose between Tiana and Jasmine (my two fave princesses) or if you would like both if at all possible. If I picked them up for you it would be a LITTLE more expensive because our taxes are higher (13%). For 3 dolls x$12 +tx it would be $40.68 CAD + shipping. The shipping would probably be between 10 and 15? It's an option I guess, if your local store can't ship to you.

Haha they have been for such a long time! & I've been (& still) working for the Disney Store since 2011. It's actually $11 when you buy two or more. Yeah just give them a call to your nearest or local Disney store & they're more than welcome to get whatever you need & pay over the phone & have them ship it straight to you. Though I don't know if they could ship LE items but it never hurts to try. Shipping rate starts around $6-$8 & it'll go a little higher depending how many items you got. Hope this helps out Luna_Ray :D

Last edited:
Wow that's great, thanks for the help everybody! I'm in Ontario so the taxes are 13% for me too and I'm completely used to it haha. I didn't know that they will ship to you if you call the stores though! For LE items I usually just have it sent to the States since I'm close to the border and have someone I can ship to so I don't need to worry about that. I just don't go over during the winter time because of road conditions (and to be honest, that bridge sorta scares me and I won't imagine going over it in icy conditions). For regular items though, I would much rather just have it shipped within Canada. All the times I could have saved a trip! I think the closest store to me is Scarborough or Toronto- do you happen to know if there's a store in the GTA that's best to call about ordering? I'd hate to call one that's super busy and doesn't have time to deal with extra orders. Oh gosh I'm all excited! :D I love Disney store and the items, but I don't really go to the stores a lot. I used to go to the Ottawa one back in the day while I was visiting family, but they closed the Ottawa locations a while ago and I hardly go to the GTA.

Honestly, I want the dolls half for an art project and the face shapes of some of the doll molds match what I need, and half because I just love the Disney store dolls :p Tiana's face shape matches a bit more what I need, but Jasmine works too and she's one of my favourite princesses. I am very torn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back