• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Designer Dolls 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Designer Dolls 2015
After seeing the fairytale line and the fairy release last year, I wonder if the term "designer" refers to the doll sculpt rather than the actual fashion used. The only thing I think any of these dolls have in common is the 11-12" height which is very similar to Mattel's "fashion" dolls (e.g. Barbie/Monster High etc.). Maybe "Designer" is Disney's way of establishing a "fashion" doll line different from their pricier Limited Edition 17" line...just a thought. Either way, I really hope for a designer Merida, Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel (missed out on her previously) to finish my 11" collection. Currently, I have the classic dolls as place holders.

I think originally the Disney Designer concept was great as Disney made it about the designer look, but I think they have since deviated away from that to make the designer line more about the way that the dolls were presented/packaged. That is the only thing all the designers have in common, their size and the way they are packaged which is a bit of a shame. I am hoping that 2015 will give us designers that return to that original concept and gives us new characters such as Anna, Elsa and Merida along with many other female characters that have not been covered yet.

The thing is when the Designer Princess line was first promoted it created a lot of buzz and hype because the way it was sold was "the Disney princesses like you have never seen them before" which gave the line an edge. The way I always saw it was that the LE doll is based on the actual character art so that they look similar if not exactly the same as the animation but brought to life. The designers were more of a Disney artists way of being imaginative and creative with the beloved characters breathing new life to them this was great with the first two lines and I did not mind the fairytale line at all, I just wished that Disney dropped the designer name. I sort of figured that they cannot keep doing the designer line each year so instead of calling every line designer that maybe they could release different lines each year with a different theme, so have the designers with the designer concept and the fairytale line to highlight the fairytale moments. Then eventually maybe a wedding line, or a era line as suggested by many.

Oooh, I really like the idea of an "era" line . . . where they incorporate the clothing, makeup, and how the face is molded. That would be awesome :) A wedding line would be neat, but it doesn't get me too excited . . . but I am sure I would change my mind if they were amazing!

Do they say what day the doll comes out at the expo? I would like to go, but cant do all 3 days. So if i were to go just one day, could i guarantee it would be the day where a doll comes out (if when even comes out at all)

Do they say what day the doll comes out at the expo? I would like to go, but cant do all 3 days. So if i were to go just one day, could i guarantee it would be the day where a doll comes out (if when even comes out at all)

They do say which day but you run the risk of tickets being sold out for that day beforehand. They do release the program about a month or two in advance and that details of what is being released on which day is outlined there. Just FYI last year the designers came out on the first day of the expo the Friday, so they could very well do that again next year.

Generally the Sunday doesn't have much interesting happening that day. In terms of Disney Store releases:
Friday - Was all about the designer fairytale line, people were able to get the designer set and the D23 exclusive, this day also showcased the Mickey and Minnie collection
Saturday - Was all about the little Mermaid, so the Art of Ariel merchandise and the Steamboat Willie Redux Collection
Sunday - Frozen merchandise and the artist series two merchandise

They do say which day but you run the risk of tickets being sold out for that day beforehand. They do release the program about a month or two in advance and that details of what is being released on which day is outlined there. Just FYI last year the designers came out on the first day of the expo the Friday, so they could very well do that again next year.

Generally the Sunday doesn't have much interesting happening that day. In terms of Disney Store releases:
Friday - Was all about the designer fairytale line, people were able to get the designer set and the D23 exclusive, this day also showcased the Mickey and Minnie collection
Saturday - Was all about the little Mermaid, so the Art of Ariel merchandise and the Steamboat Willie Redux Collection
Sunday - Frozen merchandise and the artist series two merchandise

Ok thank you! I will probably just end up going Friday and testing my luck. But then again, I would hate to miss what they release. Ill have to think about it a bit more.

I am really anxious to see what they do next year for the designer line. I too wish they released a heroine line featuring Merida, Meg, Esmeralda etc. But one of my dreams that I know I have expressed over and over again are the Disney parents. I would really love to see that come to life. I would also LOVE a Carl & Ellie set at some point, I think it needs to be done. Of course a designer of Elsa and Anna would be fantastic, I am pretty sure Disney will not pass the opportunity on making those.

I was looking at the line of designer villains dolls today and again i was reminded (and i was struck) as how great each doll was. Individually fantastic and beautiful. And, creative design of the dolls were.

I also looked at the princess collection and the couples got a second phase (this year)....and i wondered why not a second series of six villains (Unlikely - but imagined away i did). Came up with this list:

Designer Villains 2

Lady Tremaine
Jafar
Yzma
Hans
Frollo
Shadow Man
D23 Exclusive: Drizella & Anastasia together.

:anxious:

(Also why restrict it to just the ladies)

I think Jasmine (and Aladdin) do deserve the ''designer'' name. The dress/outfit Jasmine wears is unique as far as I know just like Cindy and Snow.
Thank You for mentioning Jasmine. With Aladdin being released on Blu Ray in 2015. My friend in CA and I think the D23 doll could possibly be Jasmine.
Only speculation at this point.
I never thought this would come out of my mouth, but really tired of all this hype with Frozen. My granddaughter loves Elsa. I mean really loves her.
I mean, c'mon took her to Wal Mart yesterday to check out and right there entering the cashier queue was Frozen cereal. Well of course she had to have it.

I enjoyed reading this so much. I am a D23 member as well, but it's still tricky to find out when the Designer Dolls are being released.

Designer Fawn was just announced via Twitter:

Disney Store ‏@DisneyStore 5m5 minutes ago Introducing our Limited Edition Designer Fawn Doll! Available in Stores 2/17 and Online 2/18 at midnight PST.
B7-dwACIUAAm7EC.jpg:large

Fawn is pretty! Ive been craving a new doll! while she doesn't quite fill the order, Im content with it. I didn't really want a fairy collection for myself but eh why not :)

I am so excited for the Peter Pan/Captain Hook and Snow White/Grimhilde ones! Why is there a Anna/Kristoff one? He's not a villain...

Bearing in mind this is just a rumour! It doesn't seem implausible but neither Anna nor Kristoff are villains so I doubt that'd happen?
However if this theme was true I think we could have some cool dolls. Aladdin/Jafar, Esmeralda/Frollo, Belle or Beast/Gaston, Herc/Hades.. personally I think a Kusco/Yzma would be amazing (Yzma practically IS designer, look at her killer dress sense!) but probably never happen XD But no doubt will have some re-hashed old ones too... Ariel/Ursula, Aurora/Maleficent, Rapunzel/Gothel..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back