• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Designer dolls-princesses back in the Disney store

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is on ebay now http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Princess-Designer-Doll-Tiana-/170955793732?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D4042642872188185195%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D170955793732%26

$T2eC16FHJGwE9n)ySeEVBQwy83o8jw~~60_12.JPG

Hi everyone I just received my Pocahontas designer doll and I was devastated to find out that it had been badly damaged during shipping. It looks like customs opened it forcefully resulting in them tearing the slip case on the top.

A huge chunk on the top of the slip case was torn off and is now just a big gaping hole. I wanted to cry because of how much I spent on the item only to have it destroyed in that manner. I was wondering if anyone might have another Pocahontas doll they were looking to sell for under $200?

I will see if I can upload some photos when I get home. Luckily the item was insured but they are saying that the declared value of the item is only $20 so will only pay me $20 for the item even though I have provided them with an invoice identifying how much I paid for the item and what it is worth. So will have to wait and see what they will say. :(

No, no the doll is not damaged. I purchased the doll on eBay and the seller offered a discount due to the damage but I could not accept it as the doll was fine when the seller sent it.

I had to take some photos for the insurance claim, I really am hoping they will cover the cost of the doll and not just the declared value of $20. :S

When I work out how to upload the photos I will. The damage to the slip case looks pretty brutal. :(

Oh so they've ripped opened the cardboard sleeve rather than lifting it off? That sounds awful. I hope they haven't done any damage to the plastic case either.

Yes they have torn the sleeve but the plastic cover and the doll appears fine. it is just the slip cover that was damaged.

I just heard back from them and they said they don't cover "manufacturers boxes" as being part of the damage so I told them it is not a manufacturers box as they don't just ship the item as is and is shipped in two boxed to ensure it is protected and that the slip case is part of the item. It is just their way of trying to get out of paying a claim and not taking the responsibility of damaging the item.

Thanks for the tip Mermaids grotto! that's a great idea, didnt think of that one. Hopefully they will have some heart seeing that we are coming around to the festive season :)

Last edited:
Polaris, this is really an odd suggestion, but try emailing guest services at the Disney Store. Tell them that you have been saving the doll for a birthday, and just now opened it? Show them the slip cover and see if perhaps they have any extras anywhere from floor models? I'm not sure if that qualifies as being dishonest in any way, and if so, then I take it back. But it was just an idea! I'm sorry to hear about your doll :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back