• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion
Not sure why I'm not able to post any pictures of my collection here but I thought I give you a little glimpse of the collection I have here at home. it's all still very basic, I'd say hopefully in the coming months I'll be having more. Any idea who the favourite in our house is? ;-) Oh if someone knows what I'm doing wrong with posting the pictures and could help, then that would be great ;-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97928207@N05/sets/72157634321987970/

To post pictures from your Flickr account go to each picture's individual web page. There you will see some icons below the image on the right side. Click the share icon which looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out of it that points to the right. Next click "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Select "BBCode" and then choose the size you want the image to be. Copy the code in the box and paste it in the reply box of your post on the forum.

This is how your images will appear:

the little mermaid by GroggySpice, on Flickr

Here are some better pictures of Gaston, taken in natural light. Here, his skin tone is a lot more natural looking and the colors of his clothes show better. I think that the only super-major flaw with him is that his arms are not as big nor muscular as they ought to be. The padding at his chest and back do fill him out more for a better Gaston-like silhouette (but of course his chest should be a lot broader still).

Disney Store Gaston Doll 2013 - 10 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Disney Store Gaston Doll 2013 - 13
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Disney Store Gaston Doll 2013 - 14
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Disney Store Gaston Doll 2013 - 15 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Disney Store Gaston Doll 2013 - 17
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Disney Store Gaston Doll 2013 - 11
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Praise the powers-that-be that they have returned the Classic Aurora doll's bangs more to the way they ought to be! The 2013 Classic Aurora's bangs are not quite as nicely done as the dolls made prior to the 2012 "new look" revamp doll last year, but at least they tried. I do recommend picking out your own 2013 Classic Aurora doll in person if possible, because the restored curl tends to be inconsistent from doll to doll.

Overall, I do like the 2013 Classic Aurora doll, as she is incredibly beautiful, but I think I prefer the base doll of the DS 2011 Sparkle Aurora the best. I prefer dolls that look forward in general, and the side-glancing Aurora's dolls seem a tad more alluring than is my personal take on Aurora.

Disney Store Classic Aurora Doll 2013 - 01 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

I am also impressed with the improvements on the 2013 Classic Snow White doll. Her eyes and nose are probably the most movie-accurate I have ever seen. I'm not terribly impressed with the length of the skirt of her gown or the explosion of glitter, and her cloak, though a nice touch, is no where near as long, either. I do plan on redressing this doll to make my own improvements. :)

As with the 2013 Classic Aurora doll, I do recommend hand-picking out your 2013 Classic Snow White doll, as her hair has a tendency to vary from doll to doll in terms of neatness of styling.

Disney Store Classic Snow White Doll 2013 - 01
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Ok...So I got bored and decided to do my own "designer collection"...Here is who I have done so far

Charlotte:

photo3-6_zps45d42ba6.jpg

Tiana:

photo1-9_zps3d8336ec.jpg

photo2-8_zps6a52e4ba.jpg

MERIDA!:

photo1-8_zps00bfd2cc.jpg

photo3-5_zpsf3c8ec6c.jpg

photo2-7_zps9fde7906.jpg

There are 9 more dolls in my collection, just waiting for dresses to come in and wanted to give yall a preview :)

Ok...So I got bored and decided to do my own "designer collection"...Here is who I have done so far

Charlotte:

photo3-6_zps45d42ba6.jpg

Tiana:

photo1-9_zps3d8336ec.jpg

photo2-8_zps6a52e4ba.jpg

MERIDA!:

photo1-8_zps00bfd2cc.jpg

photo3-5_zpsf3c8ec6c.jpg

photo2-7_zps9fde7906.jpg

There are 9 more dolls in my collection, just waiting for dresses to come in and wanted to give yall a preview :)

Not sure about their eyes all being closed but Merida and her dress look awesome! Would love to see the rest!

Not sure about their eyes all being closed but Merida and her dress look awesome! Would love to see the rest!

I kinda wanted to take from the sketches of steve and do the dolls how the sketches were with their eyes closed

GORGEOUS closed eye collection Ryn!!! amazing!

I added this Jasmine to my collection today:
jas_zps5b857158.png~original

Here she is with the others in the set
all_zps6fc2b2ef.png~original

OMGosh, that Jasmine doll is so beautiful... I can't ;~;

Loving everyone's dolls on this thread, as always! <3 That Designer Merida is beautiful! I think her smirk really suits the Designer reinterpretation :)

p.s.: Wow, over a month without a post...!!

Congrats on Snow White, Shiva! I truly hope to get her someday, and seeing DRJ's and your pictures only makes me want to get her more!

I've gotten a few dolls recently, so I figured I'd put up pictures. I'll start with the Limited Edition 17" Tiana, as I see there aren't any of her up here.

TianaLEDoll.png

Here's a full body. Pictures don't really do her justice, but her gown is just gorgeous.

TianaLEDoll2.png

Face Detail.

TianaLEDoll3.png

TianaLEDollBoxDetail.png

I love the fact that they have Ray on here. I didn't take a picture of the Certificate, but my number is 652/5000.
Gah! One day.... :sigh: :drool:

Tiana is very beautiful! I was just never a fan of the movie that much so I went ahead and sold her awhile ago. Which was good because she was just sitting in my closet.....definitely NOT where a doll that beautiful should be!!!

I'm sooo happy though! I finally was able to purchase the 1st edition Rapunzel toddler doll!!!!! I can't wait to get her!!!

Ryn, the Merida is beautiful! I think the only thing she needs is something a little Celtic, like a hair barrette or something! That would totally be awesome! (But the is just my opinion! I tend to love everything Celtic)

Tiana is very beautiful! I was just never a fan of the movie that much so I went ahead and sold her awhile ago. Which was good because she was just sitting in my closet.....definitely NOT where a doll that beautiful should be!!!

I'm sooo happy though! I finally was able to purchase the 1st edition Rapunzel toddler doll!!!!! I can't wait to get her!!!

Ryn, the Merida is beautiful! I think the only thing she needs is something a little Celtic, like a hair barrette or something! That would totally be awesome! (But the is just my opinion! I tend to love everything Celtic)

I just got the first addition Rapunzel toddler as well, at Disney world last week. There $5 more there $29.99. They still have all the original dolls. I didn't have room for Pocahontas. Does anyone still have her , pocahontas first version animator toddler doll in box lol.. If so could you post the sku number I want to order her and ship her to my home. You can order these all thru wdw merchandise services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back