• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion
Agreed, 17" LE Tiana is amazing! I'm really surprised to see how the 17" LE line started with extremely nice & lots of details on dolls such as this Tiana, Rapunzel, Snow White and Alice, and we have ended with poor detailed dolls such as Merida with Elinor, Tremaine and Cinderella :( . Wish Disney Store would continue to make these incridible kind of dolls.

I beg to differ on Tremaine. She was glamorous to an extent. Cinderella's was pretty too but it was a little too paint by numbers. I mean you're gonna put her in a blue dress and it has to shine so rhinestones EVERYWHERE! Don't get me started on the shoes and I think the redeeming qualities were the hair and the headband with the gorgeous jewel up top! Merida and Elinor weren't exactly my cup of tea but I do appreciate the gray hair streak and since they did Merida out of the norm, I would have rather seen Elinor in purple and singular.

Don't get me wrong, Lady Tremaine has its own cool features, but when comparing it next to Mother Gothel, for instance, I find Tremaine somewhat plain next to it:

Credit goes to "DRJ1828":

8052743646_917bc62a4f_z.jpg

This is an example of the kind of small details I find absent on the more recent releases of the 17" LE line :/ .

Last edited:
I don't feel the same way, I think Gothel's cloak makes it seem like she has more detail to her. If I imagine her with no cloak, then Tremaine would appear more decked out over Gothel, that's just my opinion. I think they are equal in both quality and glam.

I just got the first addition Rapunzel toddler as well, at Disney world last week. There $5 more there $29.99. They still have all the original dolls. I didn't have room for Pocahontas. Does anyone still have her , pocahontas first version animator toddler doll in box lol.. If so could you post the sku number I want to order her and ship her to my home. You can order these all thru wdw merchandise services.

OOOOOh .....Ive been wanting the first edition Rapunzel, but she is so expensive on ebay, at least NEW she is......are we talking about the one with the tinsels in her hair

I am, I got the one where she is dress in her purple nightgown, with the tinsel. However, I didn't get her brand new. She is out of the box but in perfect condition! I got her for $22! I was so happy!!!

I am, I got the one where she is dress in her purple nightgown, with the tinsel. However, I didn't get her brand new. She is out of the box but in perfect condition! I got her for $22! I was so happy!!!

Wow that's awesome!! I still one day would like to have her and Mother Gothel to go with my collection

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't see any tinsel. My rapunzel from WDW has her purple dress and comes with pasqual (sp) the chameleon. It's in the animator a sketch box.

Before the Animator Series, Disney put out a Tangled Rapunzel doll that is a dead-ringer for the Animator Series one. She had a nightgown instead of her purple dress. The box is purple and says "Tangled" at bottom center.

That Rapunzel sounds cute. I'll have to check eBay for that one.

Last edited:
I don't know if there are any Tink doll lovers on this thread, but I wanted to share a recent find. These are "Pixie Party Dolls" made to celebrate the new Disney Fairies website. They have a little story on the back about special purple Pixie Dust.

For play-line dolls they have a lot of detail, and their faces looks much cuter in person. They are made by Jakks Pacific. I got the Tinkerbell with the green hood and Rosetta from Toys R Us on Thursday - they were $16.99.

I'd love to hear people's opinions, I absolutely love them and am now hunting for the rest!

Haha, I'm definitely glad to have gotten Tiana when I did. I think I paid about $200 even for her - same with my Belle. Right now I'm missing Gothel, Alice, Rapunzel (blonde), and my grail: Snow White. I'm not going to be able to get Ursula or Eric - Eric is the one I really want, but such is life ):< Tiana is definitely worth the investment - the pictures don't do her justice and (in my opinion) she is one of the most detailed of the dolls.

Disneygirl - I love your pics of Ariel! I think the Tink dolls are cute. I do collect Tink stuff so I might just get her. Im still on the hunt for a Terence doll. I think they made him only once.

Disneygirl - I love your pics of Ariel! I think the Tink dolls are cute. I do collect Tink stuff so I might just get her. Im still on the hunt for a Terence doll. I think they made him only once.

There was a small Terance doll made by the Disney Store when the second movie came out. I had him, but sold him a while ago. He was really detailed, with removable cuffs, a molded cap, and his little nut satchel. If you love the character I defiantly recommend trying to grab him off eBay. Looks like there are a few sets of him single and also packaged with Tink on there for about $45.

I LOVE the Disney fairies line, books and films. I have eBay searches set to keep track of when the book fairies come up so I can get them for a good price. So far I have Rani and Prilla (the two most difficult to find, but Rani's box is a little crushed), and I am currently looking for a Fira.

I started collecting Tink stuff with the first film, but decided to sell my Disney collection and focus on other things. It was a huge mistake, because the only collection I want to consistently collect is Disney :facepalm: They also made some really, really nice 11 1/2 dolls for the first film I am trying to get on the SH market.

Vidia is one of my favorites, but even though there have been a few versions of her I have not found one that really looks like the character to me yet. The Jakks Pacific ones come the closest for her, and are actually very good quality for a non-Disney-direct doll. But they have a lot of variants so I try to stick to getting the characters that Disney doesn't make from them - like Glimmer, Spike, and Chloe.

I am so excited for the Pirate Fairy film, it should be out around my birthday! I hope Disney does a lot of dolls of Zarina and the gang in their switched talents!

Wow, guess I have a lot to say about Disney Fairies :eek: Sorry ya'll....

Last edited:
There was a small Terance doll made by the Disney Store when the second movie came out. I had him, but sold him a while ago. He was really detailed, with removable cuffs, a molded cap, and his little nut satchel. If you love the character I defiantly recommend trying to grab him off eBay. Looks like there are a few sets of him single and also packaged with Tink on there for about $45.

I LOVE the Disney fairies line, books and films. I have eBay searches set to keep track of when the book fairies come up so I can get them for a good price. So far I have Rani and Prilla (the two most difficult to find, but Rani's box is a little crushed), and I am currently looking for a Fira.

I started collecting Tink stuff with the first film, but decided to sell my Disney collection and focus on other things. It was a huge mistake, because the only collection I want to consistently collect is Disney :facepalm: They also made some really, really nice 11 1/2 dolls for the first film I am trying to get on the SH market.

Vidia is one of my favorites, but even though there have been a few versions of her I have not found one that really looks like the character to me yet. The Jakks Pacific ones come the closest for her, and are actually very good quality for a non-Disney-direct doll. But they have a lot of variants so I try to stick to getting the characters that Disney doesn't make from them - like Glimmer, Spike, and Chloe.

I am so excited for the Pirate Fairy film, it should be out around my birthday! I hope Disney does a lot of dolls of Zarina and the gang in their switched talents!

Wow, guess I have a lot to say about Disney Fairies :eek: Sorry ya'll....
I LOVE Tink and the fairies too. Hence my username. I will have to check Ebay again for Terence. I have an old Tink doll that is so cute. I just love her. Im also excited for the Pirate Fairy.

"But who cares? No big deal... I want more!" Today I received the much-anticipated 17" LE Ariel doll via UPS that so many of us pre-ordered what seems like so long ago. I am really glad that DS.com was really on top of this release as opposed to some of the other pre-orders in the past year, which saw items that were pre-ordered well in advance shipped on or after the release date. As I recall, I received my 17" LE Cinderella about a week after release date and my pre-ordered blu-ray of Brave almost a month after its release... Not so with LE Ariel, who arrived today, so I can enjoy her along with thousands of other people world-wide. So much has been discussed about this doll on DPF, so I will keep this review rather brief.

17" LE Ariel - 10/01/2013

First, I just had to personalize my LE Ariel in some way, so I found her a dinglehopper! It did take some searching to find a metal fork in the proper scale for LE Ariel, but I am very pleased with what I found. The fork is also a bit worn-looking, which works perfectly as a found item from a shipwreck under the sea. I did wrap the fork in some clear plastic wrap so that the metal would not lay directly against the doll's hand (you never know what may happen as a result of some chemical reaction of the metal and plastic).

It is a bit hard to see in the photographs below, but my doll's hair was rather mussed up, particularly in the area around her shoulders and also at the ends. My doll does not have those nicely curled ends that they should have... Good old DS factory (lack of) quality control strikes again! On the positive-side, my doll's makeup, tail, bra, and accessories are all good.

I am very happy to say that I am a lot more impressed with LE Ariel after having one in person as opposed to just looking at the stock photos. The scales of her tail still kind of bother me, because Ariel's tail in the animation is very streamlined and these petal-scales are not. I also still do think that her bra is over-designed, but again, it is easy to overlook that in person.

Overall, LE Ariel is a very beautiful doll and certainly ranks fairly high with me among the 17" LE Princess dolls. For me, she is not as fantastically wonderful as LE Snow White of course, but she is a more successful doll than LE Belle or LE Cinderella in capturing the spirit of the character. I actually still would have preferred her in a gown as opposed to her bra and fins, but I totally understand why she is in mermaid form. Given the more limited design options for a mermaid, I think that the Disney Store did turn out with a great 17" collector doll for everyone's favorite redhead mermaid.

LE Ariel #0936 - 04 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Ariel #0936 - 05
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Ariel #0936 - 06 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Ariel #0936 - 09
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

"But who cares? No big deal... I want more!" Today I received the much-anticipated 17" LE Ariel doll via UPS that so many of us pre-ordered what seems like so long ago. I am really glad that DS.com was really on top of this release as opposed to some of the other pre-orders in the past year, which saw items that were pre-ordered well in advance shipped on or after the release date. As I recall, I received my 17" LE Cinderella about a week after release date and my pre-ordered blu-ray of Brave almost a month after its release... Not so with LE Ariel, who arrived today, so I can enjoy her along with thousands of other people world-wide. So much has been discussed about this doll on DPF, so I will keep this review rather brief.

17" LE Ariel - 10/01/2013

First, I just had to personalize my LE Ariel in some way, so I found her a dinglehopper! It did take some searching to find a metal fork in the proper scale for LE Ariel, but I am very pleased with what I found. The fork is also a bit worn-looking, which works perfectly as a found item from a shipwreck under the sea. I did wrap the fork in some clear plastic wrap so that the metal would not lay directly against the doll's hand (you never know what may happen as a result of some chemical reaction of the metal and plastic).

It is a bit hard to see in the photographs below, but my doll's hair was rather mussed up, particularly in the area around her shoulders and also at the ends. My doll does not have those nicely curled ends that they should have... Good old DS factory (lack of) quality control strikes again! On the positive-side, my doll's makeup, tail, bra, and accessories are all good.

I am very happy to say that I am a lot more impressed with LE Ariel after having one in person as opposed to just looking at the stock photos. The scales of her tail still kind of bother me, because Ariel's tail in the animation is very streamlined and these petal-scales are not. I also still do think that her bra is over-designed, but again, it is easy to overlook that in person.

Overall, LE Ariel is a very beautiful doll and certainly ranks fairly high with me among the 17" LE Princess dolls. For me, she is not as fantastically wonderful as LE Snow White of course, but she is a more successful doll than LE Belle or LE Cinderella in capturing the spirit of the character. I actually still would have preferred her in a gown as opposed to her bra and fins, but I totally understand why she is in mermaid form. Given the more limited design options for a mermaid, I think that the Disney Store did turn out with a great 17" collector doll for everyone's favorite redhead mermaid.

LE Ariel #0936 - 04 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Ariel #0936 - 05
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Ariel #0936 - 06 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Ariel #0936 - 09
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Another great review Shiva and I love what you did with your doll by giving her a 'dinglehopper'!

I cannot wait to get my Ursula and Eric now, I am sure they will all look even more amazing together. Just unsure where to display my Eric as he doesnt really fit in with the princesses or the villains. Maybe with my LE Buzz and Woody?

Have no idea where I am going to display all my dolls too. Might need another bookshelf or something :S.

Wonderful review Shiva. Where in the world did you get the Dinglehopper and where can I get one for my own Ariel? xD

I'm in love with my Ariel. But I agree that the quality control is awful. I had to remove the glue from my Ariel's hair. It was very mussy. But I also have to admit I hate dolls with rock hard hair. The amount of glue in her curls made me cringe. =/ So her curls aren't as dramatic, and she lost a bit of poof in the crown of her head, but I'm much happier that I can run my fingers through her hair now.

I have been inspired by all the OOAK dolls! So I am going to get to work on my first OOAK doll! I will post pictures once I'm completely finished....which might not be until December since I have to go to school......but really everyone who has shared they OOAK dolls you guys have truly inspired me!

Shiva, I love that you added a dinglehopper! where oh where did you find such a small one to go so perfectly with her? Please share, that was genius!! :like:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back