• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion
Deary dee! It is not "The Pear-shaped Toad!" She is saying: "The Pear Shaped Tone"! She's trying to get her to sing with proper vowel tone.

Anyway my sis and I was sure she was singing "the pear shaped toe"! Ha ha ha! I like your toad just as much.

That said, you photos are marvelous. I love them! They perfectly capture the moment.

Last edited:
Because I am a nut, I had to look up what exactly a pear shaped tone is vocally and I found:

From Merriam-Webster Online:
2 of a vocal tone : free from harshness, thinness, or nasality

Exactly what Drizella is not doing!

Last edited:
Deary dee! It is not "The Pear-shaped Toad!" She is saying: "The Pear Shaped Tone"! She's trying to get her to sing with proper vowel tone.

Anyway my sis and I was sure she was singing "the pear shaped toe"! Ha ha ha! I like your toad just as much.

That said, you photos are marvelous. I love them! They perfectly capture the moment.

hahahahaha... That makes a lot more sense! For so many years, I could not make out what Lady Tremaine was saying, but when Cinderella was released on DVD in the Platinum Edition in 2005, the subtitles put "the Pear-shaped Toad." :p So I figured that the song was being sung from the perspective of the toad speaking to the nightingale! I guess even the people at Disney had no idea what she was saying! Thanks for bringing that up! :)

****Update****
I just popped in the Diamond Edition blu-ray of Cinderella, and the subtitles still say "the pear-shaped toad!" Weird! I guess the actual script must be really lost in those Disney archives! :p

Last edited:
That is too funny! Whoever subtitled it must have been like the rest of us making up our own words. I've seen toll and tune used before online too. My sis and I had this crazy picture of a huge pear shaped toe which seemed to make sense when we are talking about the ugly stepsisters and thier big feet. I'm glad we weren't the only ones. I'm surprised the subtitling error wasn't caught but "pear shaped tone" isn't something we say very often and unless you sing or study vocal coaching you might not ever hear that expression. I like the toad image. :)

That is too funny! Whoever subtitled it must have been like the rest of us making up our own words. I've seen toll and tune used before online too. My sis and I had this crazy picture of a huge pear shaped toe which seemed to make sense when we are talking about the ugly stepsisters and thier big feet. I'm glad we weren't the only ones. I'm surprised the subtitling error wasn't caught but "pear shaped tone" isn't something we say very often and unless you sing or study vocal coaching you might not ever hear that expression. I like the toad image. :)

;) And it does not help that Drizella is wearing those shades of green! I can't help but snicker at the toe imagery, too! It is also so fitting with those enormous feet! Oh well, I guess since the subtitling has used the "toad" for two releases now, it will forever be linked to Cinderella, but "the pear-shaped tone" makes a million-times more sense with what the Tremaines are actually doing. Someone should add this to Disney trivia!

@ Polaris Looove your collection and how nicely you are displaying it ^^. We're kinda in the same boat I also began my collection mainly around Merida, though my collection went more the route of buying dolls for almost each Disney Movie lol. eBay has been a great helper on that. My collection is mainly based on the ones I like or appreciate simply as doll. Been working on displaying them all, will share with you all once I get done ^^

@Guppy94 Love your collection, very nicely displayed. (specially your FRIENDS poster hahaha... fan here)

@ Shivatopia Thank you ^^ went with pearls of course for the white pearl in the golden flower and tried to get her hairdo closer to her art picture :D

OMG Lady Tremaine looks amazing, awesome job!. Been wanting to also change my Tremaine hair, but didn't want to mess it up hehehe.... thanks for the push :)
Hahahaha love the flute, my favorite miniature instrument is violins but can't really use any of them (movie based) with my dolls hehe....

@ consianelle & TinkerTigg Thank you guys ^^

Oh how I love your pics Shiva, it's amazing what you can do with dolls.

I love how you always find props too!

Thank you, cocosianelle! :) I am so excited to share my little photo projects. Sometimes random inspiration hits and then I just have to try to do whatever it takes to realize that vision for my dolls. For things like this, thank goodness for sales forums like eBay in order to get those little finds!

"And away to his castle we'll go,
To be happy forever, I know!"

So because I dressed my 2013 DS Classic Snow White doll in my 2011 DS Disney Princess 10-doll pack Snow White's rather film-accurate gown, I had to find an equally splendid gown for my 10-pack Snow White doll, whom I love very much (...actually I love all of my Snow White dolls). She really has a very 1930s look to me, which I love, because Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was released in 1937. I used this same doll for my Blanche deVil project. So, I decided to put her in the wedding gown that came with the now out-of-production Snow White fashion pack. This gown was actually part of the original story boards for the "Someday My Prince Will Come" sequence, when during Snow White's song, the visuals turned into a dream-like sequence of Snow White meeting The Prince in the clouds, surrounded by the stars. This dress has a very 1930s/early 20th century wedding gown design, so it is a very happy marriage with this particular doll. I am incredibly happy that the Disney Store honored Snow White's very own dream wedding gown. :)

2011 Classic Princess Doll Set Snow White in her Wedding Gown
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

by Shivatopia, on Flickr

by Shivatopia, on Flickr

by Shivatopia, on Flickr

by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Hey guys I need your help! So now I have became a Beauty & the Beast fan, and I'm looking for the best Prince Adam doll out there to add him to my collection. My first option was to buy the Classic Disney Store doll that has always been available. But then I found out about Mattel's doll. I hate the actual Mattel dolls, but I actually like Adam's facemold in this one. Here are some pictures (DS vs Mattel):

(Credit goes to: Paddingtonrose for the DS doll picture)
5335734119_7d71a58912.jpg
disney-beauty-and-the-beast-to-prince-adam-new-head.jpg

Which version do you prefer? Or if you know another doll of Prince Adam out there that is even better, please post the option.

PS: I'm looking for a 17" LE Belle doll and a DS Classic 2012 Belle doll with gloves. I have already posted this in the Wanted thread, but it won't hurt if a also post it here. If you have one of them for sale, please PM me :) !

IMG_9479.JPG

PS 2: @Shiva: I loved your Wedding Snow White review! The dress is so simple, yet so elegant and classic! Nice pictures as well :) !

The Mattel one looks more handsome to me, but sometimes their male dolls can be rather cheap and stiff by comparison. If you go for a Mattel one try to find one with the arm articulation at the elbows as they're much more poseable ;)

Hey guys I need your help! So now I have became a Beauty & the Beast fan, and I'm looking for the best Prince Adam doll out there to add him to my collection. My first option was to buy the Classic Disney Store doll that has always been available. But then I found out about Mattel's doll. I hate the actual Mattel dolls, but I actually like Adam's facemold in this one. Here are some pictures (DS vs Mattel):

(Credit goes to: Paddingtonrose for the DS doll picture)
5335734119_7d71a58912.jpg
disney-beauty-and-the-beast-to-prince-adam-new-head.jpg

Which version do you prefer? Or if you know another doll of Prince Adam out there that is even better, please post the option.

Guppy, I love how you have your dolls displayed! I will be crossing my fingers for you for the Ariel & Eric set!! I hope you do get them for Christmas :)
So many beautiful dolls and displays, I really wish I could display all my dolls too.

Snow white in the wedding gown looks lovely, it really suits her! I have never heard of the planned but never used sequence!
Alex I much prefer the picture of the prince Adam on the right

Guys I have a question about the classic dolls. Have you tried removing heads and hands? I am considering a head switch and also want to make a dress that has really tight sleeves so that would be convenient if the hands could be taken on and off...but I will not try if that will break them!

Guppy, I love how you have your dolls displayed! I will be crossing my fingers for you for the Ariel & Eric set!! I hope you do get them for Christmas :)
So many beautiful dolls and displays, I really wish I could display all my dolls too.

Oh wow I totally forgot about this thread!!!! But thank you very much (you too Doll_Enchanted) Im pretty proud of it and I try my best to display them as nicely as possible in my extremely limited amount of space!!! Seriously i have no idea where to put Anna and Elsa but ah well Ill figure it out!!

And as for Ariel and Eric, I do believe they will be under my christmas tree this year ;D yaaayyyy soooo happy!!!

and Doll_Enchanted Tis a FRIENDS poster!!! Its my favorite TV show EVER!!!!!!!!!! I love it so freakin much!

My hubby got me for early Christmas the entire 2011-2012 designer princesses and villains! I bought 17" Eric, Ariel, Ursula, Anna, Elsa, Merida, Cinderella, Belle, and Elinor and Merida set. Can't wait to expand my collection!

I grew up with (and still own) a lot of Temming's work, even after she left Mattel. Lisa and the Disney team at Mattel were what made the dolls of that era so great.

Lol, it looks like if Anna's throat was glowing, just like when they were about to steal Ariel's voice. Btw, does these Frozen singing dolls sing only one part of the song, or do they sing 3 segments of it just like the previous singing dolls?

Aww I've only just got shipping confirmation for my singing Anna (hope Elsa follows quickly!), can't wait to get her now I've seen your photos! I'm planning to make her a better version of the snow outfit with an embroidered wool skirt and velvet bodice. If we never get the LE snow Anna I'll have a fair approximation at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back