• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn between getting the LE Elsa or TLM 5 pack since it's discounted the hecks out. I would never pay 79.99 for it TBH I waited for it to be discounted but then Elsie is tempting. I wanna do both!

I'm torn between getting the LE Elsa or TLM 5 pack since it's discounted the hecks out. I would never pay 79.99 for it TBH I waited for it to be discounted but then Elsie is tempting. I wanna do both!

I'd go with LE Elsa .. but that's just me! I've decided to only collect LE items from Disney now as they are targeted towards adult. I love TLM, but it would be quantity over quality.

Found a new Mattel Flynn Rider Wedding doll today at my local Target. Better face I think, from the previous one. But cheaper and less clothes. :(

20140126_191649.jpg

They only had two, I bought the one on the left as his face mainly around the cheeks was more slim. Not sure if you can see the difference but to me the one on the right (same one on the first picture) had bigger cheeks hehe...
Anyways he has ( I don't like ) molded pants & non-removable boots. His not articulated at all his left arm is stock at 90 degrees lol. Only his head turns yay! For me the fun part is being able to change the dolls clothes. Not liking this whole idea of molded clothes dolls :/. His hair is detailed, though they forgot to color his sideburns which are there. I like him, he will add some change to my Flynn's which all looked the same lol. I'll add some more pictures soon, his out of the box pictures.

20140126_191845.jpg

Found a new Mattel Flynn Rider Wedding doll today at my local Target. Better face I think, from the previous one. But cheaper and less clothes. :(

20140126_191649.jpg

They only had two, I bought the one on the left as his face mainly around the cheeks was more slim. Not sure if you can see the difference but to me the one on the right (same one on the first picture) had bigger cheeks hehe...
Anyways he has ( I don't like ) molded pants & non-removable boots. His not articulated at all his left arm is stock at 90 degrees lol. Only his head turns yay! For me the fun part is being able to change the dolls clothes. Not liking this whole idea of molded clothes dolls :/. His hair is detailed, though they forgot to color his sideburns which are there. I like him, he will add some change to my Flynn's which all looked the same lol. I'll add some more pictures soon, his out of the box pictures.

20140126_191845.jpg

Interesting find! :) Sculpted pants? That sounds very strange indeed! I'm glad that they are taking initiatives to make new sculpts, but he does look more like a "friend of" Flynn in the Disney Parks rather than actually looking like Flynn. I'm still waiting for that perfect Flynn doll! :p I like the way the 2D art of Flynn looks on the packaging, though!

Interesting find! :) Sculpted pants? That sounds very strange indeed! I'm glad that they are taking initiatives to make new sculpts, but he does look more like a "friend of" Flynn in the Disney Parks rather than actually looking like Flynn. I'm still waiting for that perfect Flynn doll! :p I like the way the 2D art of Flynn looks on the packaging, though!

Agree, same here. Don't care the brand, just make Flynn already lol. I think it would help a lot face painting them more animated than barbie/toy looking. I think this one might be a good base for someone artistic to turn him into a closer Flynn hehe... I'm going to try to find him an articulated body :)

Here is his out the box pics and wearing other Flynn's clothes haha... jacket little big on him:

IMG_8768.jpg
IMG_8771.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg
IMG_8774.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg
I thought he had black hair, but I think looking at it in different lighting is more like a dark brown.

With the right outfit, he looks quite good! They also did Eric and Charming (Cinders and Snow I think). They are all a lot better quality than we have sen from Mattel in a long time. Personally I am in love with the new Signature Collection princesses and Villains.

I finally worked up the nerve to take the plastic casing off my Alice so I could take good pics so here she is.

12243986104_67a1c3602c_o.jpg

12244134236_d6f6c4a73f_o.jpg

wow! those villains packaging look great! I saw those a long time ago in a promo shot and was really disappointed in Ursula. But she looks better in her box!

12137880666_7536a44eed_n.jpg

I kind of like the Signature Ursula doll, it is pretty cool though they have made better ones in the past - but the packaging is very nice. I hope they continue this line with different characters. Too bad they didn't make Lady Tremaine - then there would have been the 3 Princesses and 3 Villains.

Oh I like the packaging and that she has rooted hair. I haven't seen these anywhere yet around here.

I hope maybe they'll do the newer princesses too in the signature line like Tiana, Rapunzel, Elsa & Anna. Especially the last two since they're so popular now.

Question:

Have you ever had a collection that you just don't/didn't "bond" with? I collect only a few characters, from movies etc. And Im not feeling really "connected to" or "in love" with one (Tangled/Rapunzel). I mean I like the dolls and find them beautiful, but just not sure I want to collect anything more from this film. I do love the movie/character though, but maybe not enough to keep collecting.

Where as with my other ones like SB, TLM, and BatB I want like everything!

Has this happened to you.

I feel that way about a lot of characters, Tinkerboy. I may like them, but not enough to buy everything for them. I try to stick to only a few characters to collect for Disney anyways because there is so many. Right now it's Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Disney Fairies, and Alice if I can ever find anything for her. That might change over the years but I collect other things besides Disney, so collecting only certain characters helps me from getting over whelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back