• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dreams Series - hear of any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dreams Series - hear of any issues?

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Now, that I'm off spending ban, I've been looking at some pins that I've been wanting. One of them being Disneyland's "Disney Dream" series.

PD54377-front.jpg

In the sold auctions since mid-December, 27 of the Jack Skellington pin have been sold. 10 by a well known counterfeit seller (this group says they come on "original cards") with 2 additional active auctions, 16 by an alias of this well-known counterfeit seller (no card) with 1 additional active auction, and 1 more by a different but equally well known counterfeit seller (no card).

PD54376-front.jpg

The E-ticket attractions Disney Dream pin has 16 sales (no cards) by the "alias." Only 1 from the primary, but there are 2 in active auctions (with cards).

I've watched this series in the past, maybe about a year ago, but I don't remember seeing this volume, certainly not by one seller. The location of this seller is "East Coast" and has been selling for a long time, and this has been a very popular series, that was available almost 6 years ago, now so it seems unlikely that they acquired that many of one pin, and picked this particular moment in time to dump a lot of them on the market for $10 a piece, instead of in trickles for a much higher price over the last 6 years. So it smells all kinds of wrong. The fact that one set of auctions comes with cards is especially troubling.

I know sometimes people see things at Pin Trading nights, so I was wondering if there was any additional chatter about these pins. I do see the Jack pin listed in crushedbubbles thread about pins to be careful of. I guess this post calls out this series more directly. Has anyone seen any of these in person?

None of the other pins in the series appear to be showing up in volume, and certainly not selling for as "cheaply" as these two.

I know who you are talking about. Most likely they are all counterfeits unfortunately. They also have the new Pixar mystery puzzle pins. Bleh. Makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back