• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016
When does Belle wear a white dress with blue overdress? I thought she wore a BLUE dress with a white APRON? That being said, the overdress is very pretty and the detail on the white dress is also nice.

Her dress is weird to me. Seems a bit like Ariel's town dress in the DFDC Series 1 set, with the fluffy white top. She wears a blue apron-type dress with white long sleeves dress and white apron.

I might buy Aurora if someone is wanting to split the set. I literally just want the doll I don't care about the case.

I really do not see why people complain that the dress is ripped:s take the beads off if it bothers you.

Yeah, or better yet, don't spend money on something you don't love. I complained about it because I don’t like it, but others love it. That only meansone fewer person to compete for the set, right? I have enough dolls that I LOVEthat I don’t need to buy something I don’t, only to alter it.

Yeah, or better yet, don't spend money on something you don't love. I complained about it because I don’t like it, but others love it. That only meansone fewer person to compete for the set, right? I have enough dolls that I LOVEthat I don’t need to buy something I don’t, only to alter it.
Personally, I really like that the dress is ripped. It's such an emotional moment in the movie, it's like that moment - not an exact freezeframe but that moment which is several seconds long - when you really get a sense of how manipulative and heartless she can be ("just the right touch" ... screech! clawclawriptear, dress and dreams in tatters. chilling chuckle). What seems odd to me is that Lucifer is so small, and that he's frowning. He would obviously be snickering if he were in this scene. It's nice they included him though.

My main thing with these sets is that I'm not really seeing too much of Belle's cute "eyebrow of annoyance" face when Gaston tries to act like a toddler-bully. She looks more placid or stunned, at least from the side angle which is all I can see in most photos. Dunno how she looks in person though. Also from the photos it looks slightly more like he's going to thwack her in the face with the book than it really should.

Last edited:
That would be amazing!! I hope that since there is no fifth set Disney will surprise us with an extra couple, and given the BatB anniversary this year it could very well be Belle/Prince Adam.

Totally agree!! I've ALWAYS wanted the Prince as a limited edition or designer doll! Seeing them as a couple like towards the end of the movie or even after he transforms would be a dream come true! Disney are you listening?! Lol

So educate the one who has paid zero attention to all previous designer releases! I know we don't have an official announcement from Disney with release dates, but TheDisneyFanatic had posted this info from FB in the old thread:

Also they are apparently releasing on these dates (information gotten from my Facebook doll group):

Cinderella & Lady Tremaine: 9/6
Belle & Gaston: 9/20
Alice & The Queen of Hearts: 10/4
Aurora & Maleficent: 10/18

If we assume these dates are correct for the moment, when does all the merch release? Earlier, with a complete set pre-order? Or the same day as the first release (Cindy & Tremaine)?

I will only buy the Alice doll set but I want to make sure I get the other goodies as soon as I possibly can!

Thanks for posting the dates Ann. I totally forgot about those.

I expect the pre-order to be the week before the actual release date (at least), based on past history of these designer doll releases (except DFDC 2011, where pre-order was only at D23).

Actual photos of Belle and Gaston Designer Doll (courtesy of Cedric Arcas on Once Upon a Disney Doll)

13876614_1665444633782563_8753500704944111032_n.jpg

13879243_1665444660449227_3534431471314638245_n.jpg

13872908_1665444697115890_7860176604214528711_n.jpg

13902610_1665444703782556_5192528270998092619_n.jpg

13937824_1665444750449218_7675651494563954097_o.jpg

Her dress is weird to me. Seems a bit like Ariel's town dress in the DFDC Series 1 set, with the fluffy white top. She wears a blue apron-type dress with white long sleeves dress and white apron.

Glad I'm not the only one to wonder!

The movie outfit is actually a white blouse with a blue jumper-style dress and then a white apron (US jumper, not UK jumper).

The apron is to keep the dress clean. Irl, having a separate blouse meant the blouse was less likely to get dirty, could be worn with other dresses, could be disposed of if it got ripped (thinner material) or damaged without dumping the dress itself (likely heavier material and more expensive), and was likely not a full-length blouse but just long enough to stay in place (material was expensive).

In the movie she does wear a apron over a blue dress, but this is a designer take on the outfit so is based on the art work not the movie. I like this interpretation of the outfit. It's like if you look at the Rapunzel from the designer couples that looks nothing like the outfit she wears in the movie- too long and heavy but it looks nice as a designer take on it

It seems to me though that the concept art is indeed supposed to be an apron. I think it was misinterpreted by the people responsible for building the dress. And it makes the design rather boring in my opinion - oh look, another split skit. That's every peasant dress they've done.

on the apron thing, maybe they didn't want 2 dolls to be wearing a blue dress with a white apron on top of it? cause Alice is dressed in a similar fashion.

So educate the one who has paid zero attention to all previous designer releases! I know we don't have an official announcement from Disney with release dates, but TheDisneyFanatic had posted this info from FB in the old thread:

Also they are apparently releasing on these dates (information gotten from my Facebook doll group):

If we assume these dates are correct for the moment, when does all the merch release? Earlier, with a complete set pre-order? Or the same day as the first release (Cindy & Tremaine)?

I will only buy the Alice doll set but I want to make sure I get the other goodies as soon as I possibly can!

Oh no that means the Belle & Gaston will be released the same day as the Belle 17" doll. That is so frustrating and stupid!

I really do hope those are the confirmed release dates, and not just speculation. I know I'll be making a mark in my calendar for when I need to go to the store to pick up the Alice set (yeah, it's definitely the one I'm going for here)

I completely forgot about the dates already, so thanks for sharing them again haha! Anyways, and I might be wrong on this, but I think all the designer merch for the 2015 collection dropped a week or two before the first doll release, not long after the full set pre-order. They might have been released the same day as the first doll, but I am pretty sure they start releasing the merch before the first doll drops. Either way, I don't expect any of the merch to sell out very quickly aside from the pins and maybe the lithographs (lithographs tend to linger in stores a bit, but they have sold out pretty quickly online the past few waves) so you should have no problem getting all the Alice items.

Last edited:
on the apron thing, maybe they didn't want 2 dolls to be wearing a blue dress with a white apron on top of it? cause Alice is dressed in a similar fashion.

True, but Alice’s is a white apron over a blue dress. Belle’s would have been a white half-apron over a blue jumper-dress with a white blouse. I would think that’s sufficiently different, especially since Aurora is wearing blue.

All this nit-pickiness being said, I really like the dresses on all of them, especially the embroidery. I likely won’t be getting any, though. We’re going solar, so can’t spend on everything I like, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back