• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016
Not sold out in UK. But thanks to those who tried to scare me. I left the shop now and they had 15 left. Very bad wave for Disney...

Man all these problems...this entire wave has just been one big mess. It's like Disney tried really hard to make these dolls as appealing as possible but then cut back on the quality control for whatever reason. Same can be said for the 17" BatB dolls to an extent. It is gonna be interesting to see how Disney handles the designer dolls next year if they release any at all by this point. I just wish Disney would look at how they are handling these dolls and try to figure out how to improve them instead of pointing a finger at collectors and blaming them for the dolls poor sales.

Last edited:
other pics ,
p1290914.jpg
p1290915.jpg
p1290916.jpg
p1290911.jpg

Not sold out in UK. But thanks to those who tried to scare me. I left the shop now and they had 15 left. Very bad wave for Disney...

no ones scaringyou..its always like that in the UK due to a lower number they get. One can only guess anyway..who knows if a doll is gonna sell or not

Man all these problems...this entire wave has just been one big mess. It's like Disney tried really hard to make these dolls as appealing as possible but then cut back on the quality control for whatever reason. Same can be said for the 17" BatB dolls to an extent. It is gonna be interesting to see how Disney handles the designer dolls next year if they release any at all by this point. I just wish Disney would look at how they are handling these dolls and try to figure out how to improve them instead of pointing a finger at collectors and blaming them for the dolls poor sales.

my belle only have se tiny dirt on the side of her face otherwise she would have been perfect...

Only me and one other person in my store for the raffle today, which is an all-time record low, I think.

I picked the best set out of the three that I was allowed to look at, but there are still quality issues with it. Aurora has a bald spot where they didn't root the top of her head. I was able to manipulate the hair a bit and try to cover it up. I also found a run on the side of her dress. No point in even trying to return it as they all will probably have something wrong with them. I try to tell myself not to be too picky about the flaws, but gee whiz $141 and my doll is bald!

Only me and one other person in my store for the raffle today, which is an all-time record low, I think.

I picked the best set out of the three that I was allowed to look at, but there are still quality issues with it. Aurora has a bald spot where they didn't root the top of her head. I was able to manipulate the hair a bit and try to cover it up. I also found a run on the side of her dress. No point in even trying to return it as they all will probably have something wrong with them. I try to tell myself not to be too picky about the flaws, but gee whiz $141 and my doll is bald!

I'm surprised they wouldn't let you look at all of them since there were only two of you there.

And yes, $141 for a bald doll is horrible. Maybe go and complain to the store manager?

other pics ,
p1290914.jpg
p1290915.jpg
p1290916.jpg
p1290911.jpg

Wow Aurora's dress is a lot prettier out of box! I personally think that this is the weakest of this year's wave, but they are still so gorgeous (if can get a set without some kind of glaring issue that is). I want that Maleficent for my Maleficent shrine forming in the corner of my room lol!

I'm surprised they wouldn't let you look at all of them since there were only two of you there.

And yes, $141 for a bald doll is horrible. Maybe go and complain to the store manager?

They had three out and said I could look at those and pick out one of the three. I didn't notice the bald spot or the run in the dress until I got home, so I thought it was okay. And I already complained and got a refund on the Alice set, which was actually a lot worse, so I really don't want to go and do it again. I gave Aurora a bit of a comb over so it is not so noticeable, it is just disappointing.

what the...I can take run in her dress but not a bald spot! Thats terrible! You should return it and choose at least one doll which have acceptable flaws if not perfect...i feel so bad for you!

They had three out and said I could look at those and pick out one of the three. I didn't notice the bald spot or the run in the dress until I got home, so I thought it was okay. And I already complained and got a refund on the Alice set, which was actually a lot worse, so I really don't want to go and do it again. I gave Aurora a bit of a comb over so it is not so noticeable, it is just disappointing.

What you do if their quality control sucks right? A doll with a bad spot is a terrible flaw that warrants a return. Do you think you wanted to keep on going back to that store? Its a hassle to you as well to kepp on going back and forth. If I were you I would return this asap.

Indeed shes prettier deboxed...theres a lot of complaint about her though...here and in the fb groups

What you do if their quality control sucks right? A doll with a bad spot is a terrible flaw that warrants a return. Do you think you wanted to keep on going back to that store? Its a hassle to you as well to kepp on going back and forth. If I were you I would return this asap.

Thanks. I don't know if I just have bad luck or what. I don't understand how there are some collectors who say they've never gotten a damaged/flawed doll from Disney, because I have had more than my fair share of them in the three years or so that I have been collecting. I really love Disney's dolls but I am tired of spending so much money on products with so many quality issues. I feel kind of bad for complaining and returning dolls, but I actually collect other types of dolls that I have NEVER had any problems with and have never had to return even once, so I don't think it me being too picky or anything.

There seem to be more issues with overall quality on the designers than the 17in dolls, so I'm pretty sure this is my last designer set, IF they even release any more after this year. .. this year's line seemed very unpopular.

I understand what are you saying! It's like we just need to give up and accept the fact that with this year's wave we're lucky if we even get like just one problem! Disney, Improve the damn quality control or GTFO :roll:

I understand what are you saying! It's like we just need to give up and accept the fact that with this year's wave we're lucky if we even get like just one problem! Disney, Improve the damn quality control or GTFO :roll:

I know, every time I get a doll from Disney, I'm having to choose for whichever flaw or damage is the most acceptable to me.

Whenever I get a doll that has only some very minor problem I feel as if a miracle has occurred.

I know, every time I get a doll from Disney, I'm having to choose for whichever flaw or damage is the most acceptable to me.

Whenever I get a doll that has only some very minor problem I feel as if a miracle has occurred.

^ that.

At my store they even seemed annoyed that I looked at more than one set, LOL. We shouldn't even check these dolls for any flaws, for this price they should be freaking immaculate :mad:

Anyway I'm so glad that for at least another year I won't be checking like a crazy person between faulty sets! I know I said this would be my last DFDC set but the truth is that I obviously don't want that! I just hope they'll listen to all of these complaints and do so much better!

Thanks. I don't know if I just have bad luck or what. I don't understand how there are some collectors who say they've never gotten a damaged/flawed doll from Disney, because I have had more than my fair share of them in the three years or so that I have been collecting. I really love Disney's dolls but I am tired of spending so much money on products with so many quality issues. I feel kind of bad for complaining and returning dolls, but I actually collect other types of dolls that I have NEVER had any problems with and have never had to return even once, so I don't think it me being too picky or anything.

There seem to be more issues with overall quality on the designers than the 17in dolls, so I'm pretty sure this is my last designer set, IF they even release any more after this year. .. this year's line seemed very unpopular.

youre not picky! Who wants damaged dolls right? To think we already spend so much for a doll they couldve at least be worth that price. Designers are even more expensive than the 17 inches ones and yet have so much more flaws! Its terrible! If you know you have valid reason to return a doll who cares how many times you go there. Its not like you wanted to if not for their poor quality control! If people frequently goes back to the store to return/ exchange an item then i think disney would have a meeting on why this keeps on happening and maybe will finally do something about it. I worked in a factory too though different products and when there is a significant customer complaint we discuss about it and see how we can do better next time. I bet disney is the same. The frequent this happens they will start to be bothered. If its just few complaints theyll attribute it to human error.

Thanks. I don't know if I just have bad luck or what. I don't understand how there are some collectors who say they've never gotten a damaged/flawed doll from Disney, because I have had more than my fair share of them in the three years or so that I have been collecting.

I definitely feel for you. I've counted myself incredibly lucky so far that every time I go for a doll, I always seem to get one that's in fairly good condition. Sometimes there's a fringe out of place, other times a stray hair or two, but no major and/or glaring flaws. And every time I hear the horror stories, I'm always so grateful. It's actually interesting, because I'm usually unlucky in just about everything else, but for some reason, I have luck with these dolls. Maybe because I haven't been collecting as long as some? And yet, new collectors seem to have problems, too, so who the heck knows?

Of course, I have no idea how this set will go for me. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, according to UPS. But I ended up having to go to the store today anyway because I wanted to get Aurora/Maleficent for a friend of mine who was unable to go. And, once again, I got lucky because there's not a flaw in sight (least, not that I can see without deboxing it). And I can't even say that it's my store taking really good care of these dolls because I went to a different location today (one closer to where I live has finally started selling LE dolls). So, yeah, I'm definitely expecting my luck to run out eventually.

I definitely feel for you. I've counted myself incredibly lucky so far that every time I go for a doll, I always seem to get one that's in fairly good condition. Sometimes there's a fringe out of place, other times a stray hair or two, but no major and/or glaring flaws. And every time I hear the horror stories, I'm always so grateful. It's actually interesting, because I'm usually unlucky in just about everything else, but for some reason, I have luck with these dolls. Maybe because I haven't been collecting as long as some? And yet, new collectors seem to have problems, too, so who the heck knows?

Of course, I have no idea how this set will go for me. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, according to UPS. But I ended up having to go to the store today anyway because I wanted to get Aurora/Maleficent for a friend of mine who was unable to go. And, once again, I got lucky because there's not a flaw in sight (least, not that I can see without deboxing it). And I can't even say that it's my store taking really good care of these dolls because I went to a different location today (one closer to where I live has finally started selling LE dolls). So, yeah, I'm definitely expecting my luck to run out eventually.

me too...so far! My winter belle have a tiny dirt on her eyelid and side of cheek but I think I can wipe it off. I saw a tiny line also on her nose but it is something You can see when you look really closely.its bearable flaws...and seeing other peoples complaints about their dolls makes me feel better than I was when I saw these flaws. My other dolls like gaston and beast doesnt have any ( maybe because I dont look at them as often as I did with belle), epilogue anna looks good except for soem messy strands on top of head I guess because of the braid and my ff anna looks perfect of them all...well vest is partially removed on one side but im okay with it...

Geez, has anyone checked their email earlier tonight?
579db16fa8aea10d2356fad1180c2dcd.jpg

You know, prior to this release, I had always wished someone would take away Aurora and I'd get to keep Maleficent, but looking at the DisneyStore picture, I am not really happy with Maleficent's outfit. I think it's way too form fitting. It would have been nice if it was massive, like it looked in the actual movie!
Maleficent-maleficent-14793474-1024-768_zps1637e053.jpg

What can I say about Aurora that hasn't been said already? They could have done more, like way more... they could have even added a cape, or even miniatures of the 3 fairies (like Tink in last year's peter pan)... But that skirt looks so plain, and her top is the same standard top with a little bit of embroidery.. disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back