• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016
I adore that Cinderellaset, it is nearly perfect to me. Belle is beautiful, too, but all in all this release does not impress me like the last years. I really hope for something better next year.
Would love to see a set with Esmeralda and Frollo but i am for sure that this won't happen... :/

Pupuce, I swear Disney should give you a commission! Every time I see your deboxed doll photos, I want to buy everything! I was already planning to get Alice but now I'm even more excited ... and I'm tempted to get some of the other sets, too. Last year, I had the Snow White and the Hag set in my online cart for a good hour, debating getting it because I had your photos open in another tab and I keep staring at them with a feeling of longing. :lol: Thanks for always sharing your collection with us! And hope you are feeling much better!

Pupuce, I swear Disney should give you a commission! Every time I see your deboxed doll photos, I want to buy everything! I was already planning to get Alice but now I'm even more excited ... and I'm tempted to get some of the other sets, too. Last year, I had the Snow White and the Hag set in my online cart for a good hour, debating getting it because I had your photos open in another tab and I keep staring at them with a feeling of longing. :lol: Thanks for always sharing your collection with us! And hope you are feeling much better!

thank you very much. i will gladly accept a commison from disney ^^ . the snow white and old hag is fabulous too my eyes. Did you buy it? I'm feeling better, i had to stay at home two more days than i thought to rest but today, the flu is almost over ( yeah i got a very bad flu in august! but the weather in France ( north ) is cold for an august and very changing so i caught a flu ).

The set i got are amazing and it's always a pleasure to take pictures of them and share them. :hsd:

Add me to, "thank you for your photos Pupuce." I was on the fence on trying for Alice/Queen set. After seeing your photos, I am sold. If I can try for a set, that is the one I will go for. Disney should offer you a photography job. They would sell more merch online.

They also acknowledged the error with the Alice and Queen of Hearts set (where they called the queen the Red Queen), and apologized for the error. Its apparently too late to fix it.
Glad they did acknowledge the issue. Still not buying the set though. (Although more because I'm not a doll collector.)

Add me to, "thank you for your photos Pupuce." I was on the fence on trying for Alice/Queen set. After seeing your photos, I am sold. If I can try for a set, that is the one I will go for. Disney should offer you a photography job. They would sell more merch online.

thank you. The dolls are always a lot more beautiful in real than in their promo. I don't know why. Alice and queen of hearts set is so refreshing. the colors, and alice is so cute. I fell in love with her. I didn't expect that.

Well, after your pics, Pupuce, I am no longer skipping the Alice set. They were the only ones I wanted, then I wanted to pass, but now I'm definitely lining up for that raffle in October. MAYBE I'll try for Cinderella too.

Can you post a link to your Flickr next time you share pics here? I can't search it for some reason...

Still on the fence myself towards the Alice set. I know for sure I'm getting the other three, but I've never really cared for Alice in Wonderland. The movie is okay, don't love it, don't hate it. However, I will still try for the full set pre-order to ensure that I get Aurora/Maleficent, Cinderella/Tremaine, and Belle/Gaston. I may change my mind about Alice/Queen of Hearts once I see them in person, but if not, then I'll see if any of my friends want it and, if not, sell it to a collector who missed out.

Am I the only one that wishes the Cinderella dress wasn't ripped? It makes it hard for me to appreciate the doll outside of a very specific context, and even then it's inaccurate to the scene--the dress isn't ripped until after the Stepmother handles the necklace and points it out to Drizella. It's the set I wanted the most but I can't seem to make a decision because of the rips. :ugh:

Am I the only one that wishes the Cinderella dress wasn't ripped? It makes it hard for me to appreciate the doll outside of a very specific context, and even then it's inaccurate to the scene--the dress isn't ripped until after the Stepmother handles the necklace and points it out to Drizella. It's the set I wanted the most but I can't seem to make a decision because of the rips. :ugh:

Yeah the rips are a little distracting. Plus the dress isn't ripped until after Lady Tremaine shows Drizella the bead necklace so its an odd design choice. I feel like its a reference to the live action version where Tremaine ripped two parts of her dress. Regardless, it just doesn't work that well for an expensive designer doll set.

I also wish it wasn't ripped. Seeing the doll out of the case it looks a lot better because you can see the whole dress, but I can't help but think it would have looked so much nicer with the dress Not ripped since I don't think I'd be taking it our of the case. But I'm happy Disney did something so much more unique this time.

Well, after your pics, Pupuce, I am no longer skipping the Alice set. They were the only ones I wanted, then I wanted to pass, but now I'm definitely lining up for that raffle in October. MAYBE I'll try for Cinderella too.

Can you post a link to your Flickr next time you share pics here? I can't search it for some reason...

here it is , there is more pictures there of the two dolls sets

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pupuceplus/

I think that ripped dress works great in this set. It is one of most iconic moments and it deserves to be made and if you ask me that is the beauty of it and I am pretty sure all of you will try to get it

I love the Cinderella Set in every way except for Cinderella's lips, it really bothers me that they have painted the space for her teeth pink, I don't understand why they would do that in a designer set, does this not annoy anyone else? It's almost a deal breaker for me but then I wonder if it won't be as noticeable in hand compared to looking at close up pictures.

17" LE Snow has her teeth painted red, too, which is even more noticeable on that scale, but she's still really beloved. I was appalled when I first noticed, but in collector pics, it doesn't look so bad. Of course, it would be nice if Disney would create closed mouth molds for dolls when they're not showing teeth. It's just so lazy.

Im contemplating replacing my LE gaston with the cinderella/tremaine. I cant afford to keep the two since I already have belle. Which do you think will hold their value more? Gaston or cinderella/ tremaine? Or should i just gey moana in november?

Im contemplating replacing my LE gaston with the cinderella/tremaine. I cant afford to keep the two since I already have belle. Which do you think will hold their value more? Gaston or cinderella/ tremaine? Or should i just gey moana in november?

Male dolls generally do not hold value (except for Eric).

Really? Why is that so? I had high hopes because a lot seem to have bought gaston. It was already sold out right?

Male dolls only really sell for one reason: because they're attached to a popular princess/franchise and people want the set. Most collectors prefer their dolls to be women, and for those women to be in fancy dresses. There's just no (significant) demand for anything else - which is also why the gents get smaller edition sizes, since anything more may not sell out. While there certainly are those who are fans of the male characters and/or alternative doll styles *waves hand* we tend to be the outliers, the exception that proves the rule. I think checking out Jafar on the second market could give a clue as to how Gaston will do.

Ok ill keep the doll when I receive it since its non refundable and offer it for trade if I dont grow any love for it. At least I have belle in my collection..ill just wait for another LE ariel and maybe ill get moana though im not sure yet.any 17 inches doll coming out next year?

Ok ill keep the doll when I receive it since its non refundable and offer it for trade if I dont grow any love for it. At least I have belle in my collection..ill just wait for another LE ariel and maybe ill get moana though im not sure yet.any 17 inches doll coming out next year?

Not that anyone knows about yet, but Disney doesn't usually announce new dolls until a couple weeks before their release date (unless it's a pre-order like the BatB dolls, and those still only had a short time between their announcement and the release). :)

Good thing disney store just opened in my town. i can check time to time for any surprise release. I just hate it that when I go there I had to buy something. When i first walked inside I brought home a presold voucher for belle. I said this is it. i dont care about beast and gaston. But when I came back after a week or so, I purchased gaston. Im worried when I come back ill buy something else. Lol im trying to keep my collection on just the 17 inches heirloom doll. Ill just see how this heroes vs villains look like in person and wait for moana. Im just thinking if I should buy this character when I dont even know if I will like the film. Its like when I saw rapunzel. i passed on it and by the time I wanted to buy it its gone and now its sort of another grail doll

So I am starting to think we might not actually get any mugs, journals, lithographs, pins and so on this year. Disney seems to be handling this release differently when compared to other waves. I sure hope we get something though.

Pretty sure you can cancel the pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back