• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Figurines / Scrooge McDuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Figurines / Scrooge McDuck

DeputyDonald

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Is anyone a Disney Figurine or Scrooge McDuck collectibles expert?

My sister in law bought me this awesome Scrooge McDuck porcelain figurine from an estate sale recently, but I can’t find anything about it online. It says “Made in Italy.”

On eBay it appears someone has made a custom lamp with a figurine identical to this one, but it is missing the glasses. That’s the extent of information that I can find on this.

It’s really cool and I really love the piece I just wish I had more information on it. I thought I’d share on the off chance someone might find or have information on it and because I thought it was something neat to share.

IMG_1710.jpg.

IMG_1711.jpg

Since I’m already asking about one Disney collectible I may as well add my other one to this thread rather than make a new thread.

The other day my wife and I went to a Salvage/Donation shop. While she was looking through the Disney Vinyls I looked up on the wall and saw this knitted picture that I absolutely had to have. I pulled it down from the wall and saw a $3 price tag on it so I bought it (let’s be honest it could have been $20 and I still would’ve bought it).

I thought to myself, if I don’t buy this now I will never find this again. Once again I looked online and much like my Scrooge Figurine I cant find anything about it.

I’m assuming it was either a kit you buy in stores or something someone crafty and talented made. If anyone knows please do share your information on it. If not, please enjoy looking at my new Huey, Dewey and Louie picture.

289faafab55c0a2d4b24cf56ca0e69f4.jpg

I'm not sure what type of info you are looking for. Disney has always been very prolific with their licensing deals and so most items won't have detailed information because there is simply too much to properly catalog. General info: Anything marked Walt Disney Productions means that it's older than 1984. When Michael Eisner became CEO, he renamed the company and the copyright changed to the ©Disney.

As to the Nephews Needlepoint, I know from personal experience that during the mid 70's - early 80's there were quite a bit of Disney crafting kits. My Mom had made several crewel kits to decorate my bedroom when I was little. There is plastic canvas kits and books, cross-stitch, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if this dated to a similar era. Many of the various kits were made by a company called Paragon Needlecraft. There was a book of needlepoint patterns published by Random House in 1976. I have that book but this design is not in it. It looks like there were also several canvas needlepoint kits that were sold under the name "Disneypoint. " There is one for the bicentennial, and WDP copyright so that would also put it mid 70's.

Okay, so when I'm looking for random things I look at Worthpoint.com (free listings, I don't need to see what things sold for, just what old Ebay listings might have said about it). Found the Scrooge

Fontanini Walt Disney Prod. Scrooge McDuck Figure Roman | #45569420

Does yours have the Fontanini Spider mark on the back? Getting the manufacturer pulled up a few more results of old Ebay auctions (some only in Ebay Italy). I think one said it's from the 60's / 70's. Knowing more about when Fontanini had the Disney license would help, but I didn't find anything immediate.

Why yes, it does! Also I guess per the description it as a polymer figurine not a porcelain figurine. I’m pretty impressed by the combination of researching skills and Disney knowledge the DPF members have.

That’s pretty cool! I just love learning the history of collectibles. Especially ones I own.

f3b0a4f14e541797e713a500c5fa9c53.heic

Last edited:
Update:
Thanks for all the help identifying this figurine. I told my wife and she was really impressed by the knowledge you guys have and your searching talents.

I was able to find Dewey on eBay. He was pretty affordable. I made an offer and the seller accepted. I’m pretty excited that I’m able to find a few of the set.

82a9b04a374b9504c0181e32e099730a.png

b584d6456488cf68d8b33741230cb35b.png

85c569d3e7acf431f2e5b6d427e0a951.png

The spider mark is there it’s just a blurry photo. I found a Mickey and Minnie too located in Italy but the shipping cost is expensive making it a little out of my price range at the moment. If anyone has any other leads later on feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back