• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Girls - Reveal/Conceal Mystery Collection QUESTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Girls - Reveal/Conceal Mystery Collection QUESTION!
That's great! I'll have to go check it out. Which box did Rapunzel come in for you?

She came in snow white! actually i bought the whole set (thank god for being a cast member 40% off or i wouldnt of...) but she wasn't in any of the boxes! so the cast member was kind enough to look in the back and feel in the boxes for rapunzel's rhinestones! i guess i just got the right CM at the right time....cuz the other lady working wasnt so friendly so he had to be sneaky. haha

She came in snow white! actually i bought the whole set (thank god for being a cast member 40% off or i wouldnt of...) but she wasn't in any of the boxes! so the cast member was kind enough to look in the back and feel in the boxes for rapunzel's rhinestones! i guess i just got the right CM at the right time....cuz the other lady working wasnt so friendly so he had to be sneaky. haha

That's awesome you were able to find a cm to do that :) also I love your signature...I can't get enough of Tangled!

Wow! Lucky you! Nice little trick. haha :)

I was getting so desperate that I was doing the same thing. . . :S I felt a little guilty, but it's not like I didn't buy 7 different boxes.

I'm still trying to get the Rapunzel one too......that's my only Tangled pin missing from my collection. I even have the DLRP ones coming. I have a friend who's going to try to buy some boxes for me when she's there this weekend, however, if the CM's are going through the boxes to find the chasers, my guess is that they will all be gone by now. I may just give it up at this point. Sure wish I could go there myself and do that, sure puts those of us not physically there at a disadvantage. Anyway, good luck to all of you who found her.....I'm going to need to keep trying.

Pity the average person who buys boxes of these pins assuming they have an equal shot at getting the Repunzel chaser, not knowing that CMs may be willing to feel through the boxes so that other CMs can obtain it.

It doesn't sound like the first CM was being unfriendly, maybe she just had higher moral standards.

Wow, why would they even design the packaging to allow that? How disappointing. Now one has to wonder if the chaser's really even that rare in an un-molested sampling of boxes. :-/ Maybe CM's have just been doing that since the beginning.

I'm still trying to get the Rapunzel one too......that's my only Tangled pin missing from my collection. I even have the DLRP ones coming. I have a friend who's going to try to buy some boxes for me when she's there this weekend, however, if the CM's are going through the boxes to find the chasers, my guess is that they will all be gone by now. I may just give it up at this point. Sure wish I could go there myself and do that, sure puts those of us not physically there at a disadvantage. Anyway, good luck to all of you who found her.....I'm going to need to keep trying.

First to clarify im a Disney Store Cast Member so i wasnt actually doing that haha. but yeah the CM there didnt think to do that, I sortof gave him the idea. I say you keep trying! i was about to give up and i got her later that day! and im glad you got the DLRP ones so did i and im so excited for them to get here :DD

I am shocked that a Cast Member would do that! How unfair to all the other guests to have their pins picked through and already prechecked for the chaser. Makes me think twice about buying any boxes not in a sealed pack from the stock room. All the Rapunzels I got came from sealed packs from the back. I bought over 50 boxes loose through out the resort and nothing. It really makes me wonder if they were already gone though and if I was just wasting all that money hoping for a chaser.

Disney really needs to find a better way to seal the boxes to make sure all guests have an equal chance at the pins and not have it so dishonest cast members (or guests), can cheat and find the chaser.

I am shocked that a Cast Member would do that! How unfair to all the other guests to have their pins picked through and already prechecked for the chaser. Makes me think twice about buying any boxes not in a sealed pack from the stock room. All the Rapunzels I got came from sealed packs from the back. I bought over 50 boxes loose through out the resort and nothing. It really makes me wonder if they were already gone though and if I was just wasting all that money hoping for a chaser.

Disney really needs to find a better way to seal the boxes to make sure all guests have an equal chance at the pins and not have it so dishonest cast members (or guests), can cheat and find the chaser.

im confused...you say you bought over 50 boxes and got nothing...yet your the ebay seller who was selling it for $100...also in this same thread you also said you got 3.. wonder how you was able to get none yet obtain 3 at the same time...

Greetings everyone. I am the eBay seller that many talked about here. I just wanted to pop in and say Hi and share some information. The 3 Rapunzel pins I got all came from different revealed characters. I got mine from Cinderella, Belle and Ariel.

As far as the packs from the stock rooms sealed in plastic. Those each contained 10 pins that has 1 of each revealed character. I did get all my Rapunzels when I bought full sealed sets, not that it really makes any difference though.

Stitch - He stated he didn't get any Rapunzels from 50 loose boxes (which may've been searched), but that his 3 Rapunzels all came from sealed packages (ones that CM's wouldn't have had an opportunity to search).

-JD

Stitch - He stated he didn't get any Rapunzels from 50 loose boxes (which may've been searched), but that his 3 Rapunzels all came from sealed packages (ones that CM's wouldn't have had an opportunity to search).

-JD

actually rapunzel was in the sealed boxes, he just opened up a few sealed to look for me. i think he felt bad cuz i had just spent alot of money just to find that one pin and didnt get it so he did me a solid, and i think if it were to happen to anyone else they would be happy too! it was a very nice thing he did and im sorry if people were offended he did that. didnt mean to make people feel like it was unfair to them. but it was the nicest thing a CM has ever did for me, and i think he was just showing the Disney Difference as they are supposed to!

While showing the Disney Difference for guests is nice, when it actually has a negative effect on other guests, it makes you wonder if it was worth it for the first guest. No guest should be treated better than any other. There are many people that want Rapunzel and it seems unfortunate that there may be people buying boxes with the hopes of getting it when in fact, they were already checked and only left behind because they didn't have Rapunzel.

While showing the Disney Difference for guests is nice, when it actually has a negative effect on other guests, it makes you wonder if it was worth it for the first guest. No guest should be treated better than any other. There are many people that want Rapunzel and it seems unfortunate that there may be people buying boxes with the hopes of getting it when in fact, they were already checked and only left behind because they didn't have Rapunzel.

I have to agree and I'm going to contact my friend and have her not buy me any more this weekend. Obviously more than one person knows how to search these and I'm not going to waste my money when I know the chaser's likely have been searched for....just not worth it to me. Actually this kind of sours the Rapunzel pin for me, so if I end up without getting it, I'll know there is a reason and I could be fine with that. I was just hoping to have one part of my collection that was complete.

I honestly don't see what's the big deal. :/ I am sure none of you guys asked a cast member to do that, so you never know if they were being biased or not. I think that she, echoraphael, just had the guts to ask a cast member and was lucky on the employee. And even though I felt a few boxes that were out I didn't get the chaser through buying the boxes, I ended up getting it on lanyard, but I still bought 7 boxes, which I think is fair.

In this day and age, there will always be times when things seem unfair. I know that personally I would not have the guts or whatever it takes to ask someone to check the boxes, but I do know that I could stand behind someone in line, and they would not need to ask, the cast member would just do it.

Sometimes you are very fortunate and make out like a bandit and other times you don'r, why? because someone else is making out like a bandit. It all comes around in the end, although it would be nice to be making out like a bandit all the time. :)

Good for those who were able to get the pin and for those who had the guts to ask. Again, I would not, just to chicken I guess. :-(

If I get one, yeah, if not then it is something to strive for. :)

Happy trading all!

I honestly don't see what's the big deal. :/ I am sure none of you guys asked a cast member to do that, so you never know if they were being biased or not. I think that she, echoraphael, just had the guts to ask a cast member and was lucky on the employee. And even though I felt a few boxes that were out I didn't get the chaser through buying the boxes, I ended up getting it on lanyard, but I still bought 7 boxes, which I think is fair.

i agree. i think there have been many opportunities in the past when traders have gotten "lucky" getting pins by any means necessary and i don't think we should really blast someone, to me, who had a pretty good idea. i'm really just saying this as an outsider bc i didn't buy any of the box set and didn't really want the chaser bc i don't collect tangled BUT i do see how those who were looking for it would go to all means to get her. also, cast members shouldn't really help, but if we--as traders--want to feel for the jewels in the boxes then so be it . but this again is just my opinion.

Moot point. I have been searching for the boxes since Friday all over the park and DTD and there has not been ONE SINGLE Girls R/C box left. Not even a miss piggy!

I honestly don't see what's the big deal. :/ I am sure none of you guys asked a cast member to do that, so you never know if they were being biased or not. I think that she, echoraphael, just had the guts to ask a cast member and was lucky on the employee.

The others didn't ask because asking a cast member to check out sealed boxes is an extremely unfair thing to do!
There's how many people looking for Rapunzel? Everyone should have an equal and fair chance. Unless I misunderstood the whole concept that's actually the point of the chaser being hidden as a concealed pin.

Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you are not. Yes, that's right. But cheating the system has nothing to do with "having guts", "not asking", "being lucky" or anything. And this is cheating the system.

I am not exactly shy and extremely good at sweet talking. My boyfriend always says I could sell refrigerators at the North Pole. But never ever I would "have the guts" to ask a CM to search through sealed boxes. That would go against everything I believe in. Yes, I would be the idiot who'd actually go "no thank you" if offered. At the risk of sounding like a girl scout: If I cheat the system, someone else will suffer. Would I like it if someone does this to me? No. So I am not doing this to others.

No pin is worth having it "by any means necessary." I am fully aware that there are people who think that way, but I am extremely grateful that the majority of pin traders is not that way.

To those who see nothing wrong of it, okay, those are your believes. But don't be surprised that others don't agree with you and don't clap applause for your "pretty good idea".

At least we have a warning now that this is happening.
I am not interested in Rapunzel anyway, but I feel for those who are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back