• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Girls - Reveal/Conceal Mystery Collection QUESTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Girls - Reveal/Conceal Mystery Collection QUESTION!
Wow! Maybe we should get off this subject and focus on world peace now. :)

It's a pin and no matter what everyone says, everyone does have their own idea of right and wrong, and nothing is going to change that. :-(

Let's get back to fun times at DPF and start some new threads.

Yeah, everything is shiny and happy and fluffy. Not.

Sorry, I find attitudes like those showed here by some extremely upsetting. The cheating the system bit is bad enough. There will always be someone, yes. But come and show off about it on a message board?

But what really upsets me is that underlying "you're just jealous because you didn't dare to ask yourself."

Pardon my parents for raising me with moral standards!

Some traders are ruining the hobbies for others. I am a relative newbie myself. There's long term traders with way more experience than me. But I can't help noticing that there's more and more newbies coming in going with the "by any means necessary" attitude. Grab what you can, don't care what you leave behind.

I am not the only one upset by this, I know several people who are actually taking a break or have even given up trading because they can't deal with this cr*p no longer.

Pin Trading was originally created as a way to make friends and interact with others (and to make money for Disney). But right now the majority of traders seems to be in for their own personal profit!

It's the same with trade requests. Newbies offer me a Hidden Mickey for a LE 100 and then yell at me when I tell them no and politely try to explain why.

Maybe it's time for me to take a break too. I'm barely trading now anyway thanks to the reasons posted above.

Last edited:

Sorry, I find attitudes like those showed here by some extremely upsetting. They come on here, brag they cheated the system and expect people to clap applause. This isn't right, and I will say that this isn't right.

Traders like those are ruining the hobbies for others. I am a relative newbie myself. There's long term traders with way more experience than me. But I can't help noticing that there's more and more newbies coming in going with the "by any means necessary" attitude. Grab what you can, don't care what you leave behind.

I am not the only one upset by this, I know several people who are actually taking a break or have even given up trading because they can't deal with this cr*p no longer.

Pin Trading was originally created as a way to make friends and interact with others (and to make money for Disney).

But right now the majority of traders seems to be in for their own personal profit!

It's the same with trade requests. Newbies offer me a Hidden Mickey for a LE 100 and then yell at me when I tell them no and politely try to explain why.

Maybe it's time for me to take a break too. I'm barely trading now anyway thanks to the reasons posted above.

Not that I don't agree with what you mostly are saying, but this will not change what people do or how they feel about it.

Yes, like everyone else here, voicing our opinions are important, but we need to realize that we have no ability to change things like this.

If we look at world leaders and everyone before them, who has tried to make things "right", they have not been able too, and they never will. Imperfect human beings we all are and imperfect thoughts and idea's will remain.

Yes, it is annoying for people to "profit" off of what should be trading fun, but then who am I to judge them? I use the word judge, because I cannot think of another, although it seems a little harsh.

It sounds like to me, you are a person who likes order and honesty and that it not wrong and actually should be applauded, but not everyone is like you. If they were, then maybe things would be different in this world we live in.

Trading is supposed to make people happy. I too have come across individuals who scam individuals out of decent pins. Like you mentioned, offering a hidden mickey for a hard to find LE100 might not be a good thing, but there will always be people who try. I too get the same requests day in and day out. Nothing I do, short of leaving Pinpics.com, will change that.

You cannot let others attitude or idea's affect what you do. Bu not trading you are allowing them to change you and for you to give up something you like.

The more good and honest people there are out there, the better it is for the trading community.

I consider myself a newbie as I have only been trading for a year and a half. Have I been taken advantage of, you better believe it! Do I try to encourage pin trading with other, bu giving them free pins, you bet.

I hope that the way I trade and the way I come across, helps to build the trading community up and not tear it down.

I encourage you to continue building up as well, as it seems you are one of those people who can bring a lot of good to the pin trading community.

Wishing you the best in what you decide.

I really don't appreciate the fact that you are implying that I don't have moral standards. I didn't say that everyone else was jealous because she asked, all I said was she had the guts to do so, not a lot of people would. And I don't think it has anything to do with moral standards. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

Last edited:
I really don't appreciate the fact that you are implying that I don't have moral standards. I didn't say that everyone else was jealous because she asked, all I said was she had the guts to do so, not a lot of people would. And I don't think it has anything to do with moral standards. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

I'm assuming I was not the intended for this? Just checking, as I would never say someone did or did not have morals. :)

Honestly I never even stepped back to look at it from another perspective so I can see how others are getting upset. I personally wouldn't ask someone to feel up the boxes for me because A- the thought never even crossed my mind, and B- I think part of the fun with the mystery boxes is the surprise. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to go to a park to try my luck, so I purchased Rapunzel on ebay and i'm very happy with it.

I'm new to trading so i'm still learning the proper protocol (it still terrifies me to actually send out trade requests because i'm afraid of insulting someone with a trade). That being said I really do enjoy the interaction and making friends here, and I would hope as a new trader that someone would tell me when/if I did something wrong. I don't think anyone here was trying to get anyone angry or rub it in, I think it was just someone new to collecting and very happy to get a pin they were looking for.

I don't think anything's being blown out of proportion. Disney's selling merchandise compromised by cast members, tampered with for the benefit of other cast members. If I was Magicalpins right now, I'd be furious. The guy spent, what, 900 bucks on loose packs largely to find the chaser, only to find out he probably never had a chance at opening one? I'm surprised he's not asking for the cast member's name and location who did this. I would be on a warpath until I got a refund. As it stands, I'm never going to buy a blind-boxed Disney product, ever. The products are too expensive for me to justify being screwed with like this.

Yeah, actually, we do. We can be better. Every day. Individually. Be better. Be a role model with your own behavior. And the world will change as a result.

I have to disagree as it seems with time that this has been proven. It seems as if there are always that try to be better and to encourage others to be better, but it is up to everyone individually to do what is right and there will ALWAYS be someone who is not interested in that.

This of course does not mean that we should not try, but in this world we live in, there will always be those that do not.

Sad by true.

As much as I'm all for personal growth and self-improvement, to me, this falls into the bucket of "things Disney needs to fix." There are easy, industry-standard measures that can prevent this from happening.

-Post the rarity of chaser pins on blind-box packaging. If you know you should pull a chaser every ten packs and you're only getting one every thirty packs, you'll see that something might be wrong. As it stands, there's no way to tell how rare chasers are supposed to be, so there's no way to tell if you might have cause for concern. Trading card companies do this all the time. I think it's actually legally required in some states.

-Use tamper-proof packaging. Everything should be plastic-wrapped so it can't be opened without the tampering being obvious. Plastic/foam/cardboard inserts should be used so that chasers can't be felt for. Again, this is SOP for trading card companies.

-Tell employees not to tamper with random-distribution product. Make it clear that anyone who does will be fired. As someone who works in collectibles, this entire situation is so outlandish to me that I almost can't believe it.

-Have a readily-apparent authority / e-mail address / phone number to which issues of tampering can be reported. I actually have no idea where one would submit this type of information in Disney's case. Vague complaints to the manager of every store selling the Disney Girls R/C collection in DLR seems kind of ridiculous, but I'd have no clue who else to complain to.

-JD

As much as I'm all for personal growth and self-improvement, to me, this falls into the bucket of "things Disney needs to fix." There are easy, industry-standard measures that can prevent this from happening.

-Post the rarity of chaser pins on blind-box packaging. If you know you should pull a chaser every ten packs and you're only getting one every thirty packs, you'll see that something might be wrong. As it stands, there's no way to tell how rare chasers are supposed to be, so there's no way to tell if you might have cause for concern. Trading card companies do this all the time. I think it's actually legally required in some states.

-Use tamper-proof packaging. Everything should be plastic-wrapped so it can't be opened without the tampering being obvious. Plastic/foam/cardboard inserts should be used so that chasers can't be felt for. Again, this is SOP for trading card companies.

-Tell employees not to tamper with random-distribution product. Make it clear that anyone who does will be fired. As someone who works in collectibles, this entire situation is so outlandish to me that I almost can't believe it.

-Have a readily-apparent authority / e-mail address / phone number to which issues of tampering can be reported. I actually have no idea where one would submit this type of information in Disney's case. Vague complaints to the manager of every store selling the Disney Girls R/C collection in DLR seems kind of ridiculous, but I'd have no clue who else to complain to.

-JD

This sounds feasible and actually doable!

Sorry, I find attitudes like those showed here by some extremely upsetting. The cheating the system bit is bad enough. There will always be someone, yes. But come and show off about it on a message board?

But what really upsets me is that underlying "you're just jealous because you didn't dare to ask yourself."

Some traders are ruining the hobbies for others. I am a relative newbie myself. There's long term traders with way more experience than me. But I can't help noticing that there's more and more newbies coming in going with the "by any means necessary" attitude. Grab what you can, don't care what you leave behind.

Pin Trading was originally created as a way to make friends and interact with others (and to make money for Disney). But right now the majority of traders seems to be in for their own personal profit!

i really think people are putting WAY too much into this whole topic. again i didnt even buy the pins but i think that if people are doing this, its their prerogative. if you arent doing it GREAT! you "have good moral character" (which i dont think this is a judge of character AT ALL!) but if this doesnt personally affect you, then forget it. theres no reason to get upset about this. like things could be way worse! theyre just pins--not meant to affect our lives. thats just my opinion. we should all just drop it. the pins arent even at DLR or DTD anymore so theres not really much we can do about the whole situation now

But what really upsets me is that underlying "you're just jealous because you didn't dare to ask yourself." Pardon my parents for raising me with moral standards!

Vala, i completely agree with you...it is upsetting to me too as i am a fairly new trader....thank you for voicing your opinion.....even if it is not well received by others...:)

This talk of CMs finding the Rapunzel pins, is reminding me of what happened during the 2009 Epcot Event. I don't know how the Ancient Coin Mystery sets were shipped, or sorted, but what ended up happening is that people were receiving 2 identical packs in their bags. And if your spouse, or child also had them on their RSP, their bags were most likely packed by the same person so they would have packs identical to yours. So people were trying to collect the LE 250 ones and they had 5 Chips, or 5 Cheshire Cats, etc.

After getting over the initial annoyance, our friends actually kind of liked it because it encouraged trading. We talked to more people at that event, than previous ones. And since they were all the same LE it was easy to trade character for character. It would have been an absolute nightmare if they had been varying edition sizes. But some people were very irate about it. Then when you were allowed to purchase extras on the 4th RSP and after, we found out that the remaining packages had had their LE250 pouch already opened. Apparently, that was Disney's solution.

Last edited:
You guys are acting like tons of CMs have done this for themselves, this all started with ONE girl who wanted a Rapunzel pin. That's all. ONE person! We don't know if other cast members are doing this, we don't know if there were guests who have asked to do this, we don't know even if this is a major issue! This is one incident, ONE!

You guys are acting like tons of CMs have done this for themselves, this all started with ONE girl who wanted a Rapunzel pin. That's all. ONE person! We don't know if other cast members are doing this, we don't know if there were guests who have asked to do this, we don't know even if this is a major issue! This is one incident, ONE!

I completely agree with you. It's just one time

Out of interest, what's the reason behind pointing out that we only know for sure that this happened once? I mean, it's definitely possible, and if you guys want to bet your money that this really is isolated, that's cool. It's your money. Maybe you have alot of it. But I'm not going to bet mine, and I think alot of other people would feel the same if they knew there's a risk that this happens routinely. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just don't understand why anyone would want to downplay this. For the people affected, the situation really sucks.

You're completely right in stating that this may be a one-time problem. But the reality is that it never should have happened, and it seems like educating people to this risk is something we should probably be doing in the interest of looking out for each other. Am I off base here? Apologies if I am.

Last edited:

I view it a little differently. While you see the actions of One Person at One Event, I see it as one REPORTED. While it may be an isolated event, we don't know if this has happened other times or not. What we do know is that it can happen and did at least once.

Also, I didn't mention this earlier but when I was buying my boxes, I did get a loose box from Little Green Men (which the boxes were kept behind the register) and when I opened it, there was no chaser, there was the empty wrapper but the pin had been removed. I really didn't think much of it at the time but now I really start to wonder about it. Its a good thing that I opened it at the counter in front of a cast member or else I would not be sure if anyone would believe me if I said it didn't have the other pin in the box.

Also, I am not one to complain to Disney. I do vent online since I do know that any major concerns are brought to Disney's attention or that they are watching themselves...... Hi Disney!

actually rapunzel was in the sealed boxes, he just opened up a few sealed to look for me. i think he felt bad cuz i had just spent alot of money just to find that one pin and didnt get it so he did me a solid, and i think if it were to happen to anyone else they would be happy too! it was a very nice thing he did and im sorry if people were offended he did that. didnt mean to make people feel like it was unfair to them. but it was the nicest thing a CM has ever did for me, and i think he was just showing the Disney Difference as they are supposed to!
I'm not so sure that this situation (one cast member using their position/influence with another for personal gain) was what Walt or Senior Leadership at Disney meant when they spoke of the "Disney Difference".

Actually I told him I had felt the rhinestones myself, and he offered so I kind of implied the idea but he took it into action, I dont really see why this is an attack against me? I was searching for the pin and I found it end of story. If the CM wanted to help out the way he did thats not really my fault. I got it fair and square, and he would of done it for anyone else, he was very nice.

....maybe it was unfair but that isnt really my fault. Tangled is my absolute favorite movie, im only 18 years old and I just started collecting a few months ago it was the only tangled pin left that i needed and I just saved enough to buy the whole set. Its not like I have a huge income where I can keep looking for this rapunzel pin you know? Also I pin trade purely for fun. Most of my pins are hidden mickey that i trades off of lanyards because thats what i find fun. Im not one of those crazy traders who pushes kids out of the way for a pin. It was nice to finally collect a pin that was worth that much to me.

Last edited:
I don't think people are really attacking you (at least I'm not). I'd just like to see Disney ensure that this never happens again, and employ the really very easy measures required to defend the integrity of their products. I don't agree with what you did, but at least your actions drew out the likely answer to the "Why can nobody pull Rapunzel?" question, and served to highlight what's probably a widespread problem that had never occurred to most of us. It's not your one set of actions that concern me, per se. It's the fact that it's very likely this kind of tampering will continue, and may've been going on since the Disney Girls R/C line debuted.

The way I see it, you stated that you would do anything for the pin in your post. You did. You may have paid for the pins but only after a cm guaranteed your Rapunzel pin. It does not matter your age young or old, or if you love Tangled and only needed one pin, it was cheating (or I guess you can say stealing) to insure you got your pin. I could not even believe that you posted this unreal act of cheating. I wonder how Disney would feel to know that it has a few very dishonest employees. Sorry to all the people who actually did things the right way and spent their hard earned money on the pins in hopes to obtain their last Tangled pin too. I do not collect any pins of Tangled or princesses so this did not directly effect me but it is a shame that the honest pin buyer got stiffed.

Yes, like everyone else here, voicing our opinions are important, but we need to realize that we have no ability to change things like this.

If we look at world leaders and everyone before them, who has tried to make things "right", they have not been able too, and they never will. Imperfect human beings we all are and imperfect thoughts and idea's will remain.

I think this kind of mentality is why things don't change. Ever hear the expression "if we don't learn from the mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them." By doing nothing I think that is exactly what we're doing. I also think that many people would disagree with this statement. There have been many individuals who have been the catalyst for change, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr. Each one of us absolutely has the ability to create change, the problem is that people are too apathetic to do so.

I know that this discussion is geared towards pin trading, but people's views, opinions and actions extend beyond this. How one applies their beliefs in one area of their life is generally how they apply their beliefs to every aspect of their life. So if you think cheating the system is OK with pins, you probably feel that way about everything. If you think it's not a big deal and people are overreacting then you're probably one of those people that sit back and do nothing to make things better. And people are angry not because they didn't think of doing it, but because they spent a lot of money trying to find the Rapunzel honestly and still came up empty handed.

For my new year's "pin resolution" I said that I wanted to start a pin "revolution" because I believe that each of us can make a difference. And clearly the standards for pin trading need quite a bit of help and Disney needs to get involved and to get Disney involved you can't just sit back and do nothing.

The way I see it, you stated that you would do anything for the pin in your post. You did. You may have paid for the pins but only after a cm guaranteed your Rapunzel pin. It does not matter your age young or old, or if you love Tangled and only needed one pin, it was cheating (or I guess you can say stealing) to insure you got your pin. I could not even believe that you posted this unreal act of cheating. I wonder how Disney would feel to know that it has a few very dishonest employees. Sorry to all the people who actually did things the right way and spent their hard earned money on the pins in hopes to obtain their last Tangled pin too. I do not collect any pins of Tangled or princesses so this did not directly effect me but it is a shame that the honest pin buyer got stiffed.

I payed for each box before they were opened. I dont see how that is stealing? I didnt even ask the CM to do it he brought it back acting like Oh! maybe you should check this one! like a *hint hint* I bought the box, i opened it and it was the one i wanted. It had nothing to do with me. Anyways, Im sorry that I didn't see things from the other perspective at the time, I can see the impact of the situation, and I'm sorry about that. Im a huge fan of Disney and have been nothing but respectful for the company especially as a new employee for them. I hope everyone on here will still trade with me and have fun as the site was intended for!

thanks for understanding, Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back