• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Girls - Reveal/Conceal Mystery Collection QUESTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Girls - Reveal/Conceal Mystery Collection QUESTION!
Unfortunately, you do not see what you have really done, but I believe you have learned that we do not like to get cheated out of mystery/chaser pins we think we are getting when we purchase several boxes of pins.

The worst thing to me is that I have been trading for over 6 years now and I know that many people have CM connections at the parks, stores, and everywhere, and these CM's will often get them chasers like they did for you. Therefore, the rest of us, will just approach these pins as they were meant to be sold, and never get any chasers, after buying many boxes. Why do the CM's not realize how unfair this is to the general public?

I think it is sad that everyone is not treated the same.

I completely agree with everything Vala has said :)

If I were a Disney CM, I would not go through mystery pin sets for a chaser for anyone, not even the Queen of England, as it is the wrong thing to do.

Oh, and I am one of those people taking a break from trading right now for multiple reasons. One reason is because I am tired of people trying to take advantage of me by offering me a really cr*ppy pin for a very rare pin of mine *hintity hint hint*. I don't do that to others and it needs to stop.

Last edited:
Im not picking sides in here Im just going to say my piece..

I kind of agree that for all those people who bought the sealed boxes to try for rapunzel and didnt get her and were disappointed and then Echo cheated the system so to speak and got on due to a CM..

BUT..is this any more different than say any collector buying multiple pins that are popular to sell on the secondary market and charging a fortune, is it any different than any trader buying multiple pins and hoard them all for trades and see the wants going higher to get better pins..

To me yes Echo did something bad but seriously lay off as it isnt fair, I myself had a CM who traded me 25 (the whole store stock) of UK CM nametag pins as they knew I would be back every day till I got mine and other peoples sets and saved everyone else making the trips..does that make me like Echo cause I got a kind Cast Member who did me a favour..No it doesnt. Do I regret doing that...No I dont as I helped 4 other people get a complete set.

We all do similar stuff like buy multiple pins of popular pins and do people worry when they buy the last few..no they dont, do they worry someone else wont have the chance to get the popular pin...no they dont.

so I say close the thread and let it be the end of it as it can only get worse from this point and Echo has apologised but I think half of you have missed that part of he/she's post.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi Stitch,
I think you are mixing apples with oranges. (US saying) When a person cheats a system intended to be a fair one for all collectors, they are stealing the main pins for themselves, and not letting those that buy them have a fair chance. The worst part is that the poor people that spend a lot of money do not have a clue that the likeliness of them getting the chaser is unlikely. Is it fair to let them keep buying boxes when others can just ask for the chaser and get it?

A collector that goes to buy pins to sell or trade is given the same chance and opportunity to get pins as others. I am aware that not all of us can get to specific locations where pins are sold all of the time. But this is part of what pin trading is all about. If a collector decides to hold on to his pin to see if it becomes more valuable, it is his choice, and he is not cheating anyone. I have bought two or three of the same pins many times as traders, with the intention to trade when a fair offer was received. I have traded some when the opportunity arose, but I ended up with some, because I was offered an le 1000 park pin for a Disney Auctions le 100 pin. It is unbalanced trade offers, as Vala and others have mentioned, that has made me hold on to my pins. And in turn, these pins have ended up with very high wants. I do not see me having an obligation to accept lobsided trades. I bought them fair and square.

I do not think that ebay sellers are justified in buying all the pins and selling them at high costs, because that is not what pin trading is about. However, I have been told my several ebay sellers that this is what they have to do in order to have money to buy pins for their families. I am not defending the selling of pins, but it is something that happens. While I do not condone buying pins just to sell, I cannot put ebay sellers into the same category of cheating to get a pin. They just manage to beat us at getting the pins somehow. And again, I am not saying they do not cheat, because in reality, no one knows how many traders here cheat to get pins. I am just saying that this topic can end, but please do not try and make pin collectors feel guilty about buying the last pin on a shelf, or by not trading them when they do not want to.

Echo did apologize, but also said:I payed for each box before they were opened. I dont see how that is stealing? meaning Echo still does not get it, but only gets the fact that it upset everyone.

We all forgive Echo, and are only expressing our resentment, because there are a lot of new traders that need to learn what trading pins is really about.

Last edited:
I was actually asked to come back here. I know I can't change people's opinions about something and was trying to walk away and take the break I have been thinking of taking for weeks.

I really don't appreciate the fact that you are implying that I don't have moral standards. I didn't say that everyone else was jealous because she asked, all I said was she had the guts to do so, not a lot of people would. And I don't think it has anything to do with moral standards. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

Actually that comment wasn’t even aimed at you, but at the whole situation and the attitude of some traders in general. :rolleyes:

But just as you think my post was implying something your posts do strongly imply that people are in fact jealous. I am not the only one reading them this way!

This is not being blown out of proportion. As others have said, this is one reported incident. One CM was willing to do it. How do we know that 100s of others haven’t asked, but just publically admitted it? This is just a symptom of a new style that gets unfortunately gets more and more common.

I think this kind of mentality is why things don't change. Ever hear the expression "if we don't learn from the mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them." By doing nothing I think that is exactly what we're doing. I also think that many people would disagree with this statement. There have been many individuals who have been the catalyst for change, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr. Each one of us absolutely has the ability to create change, the problem is that people are too apathetic to do so.

Thank you. You phrased it so much better than I could ever have.

That is exactly the reason why I will never pretend everything is shiny and fluffy when it quite obviously isn't.

Im not picking sides in here Im just going to say my piece..

I had something longer typed there, but I think I'll just agree with what Destiny said. She types faster than me. :D

there are a lot of new traders that need to learn what trading pins is really about.

This, this and a thousand times this.

Last edited:
Its not like I have a huge income where I can keep looking for this rapunzel pin you know?

So I guess that means we ALL should cheat and feel the boxes then. As last I knew, we are in a recession. and if people had that money to throw out the window looking for the pin, then we would ALL be buying every $100 Rapunzel pin we saw on ebay.

I, too will be done looking for Rapunzel in the boxes. As I, like you and many others, don't have the income to keep buying $20 boxes to look for one chaser. But I also have enough respect for other traders that I wouldn't go as far as cheating just to find it and save my money. And no reason to keep buying boxes when it's a huge chance that she's been picked out already. Ever think that was the reason that you spent so much just to not find her? "He would do it for anyone" how many times had he done it already and that's why you didn't find her your first round of pins? If he went "Oh I found the last one for another guest and already sold it" I'm sure you'd be just as upset as everyone else because you would feel cheated without a fair chance at finding her.

Wow this thread really should be closed. This topic is getting out if control and it's getting too heated for ANYONE to make a point.
This could be MUCH worse, but everyone seems to be backing-up their points. Try not to make or take things personally. We're all adults here, keep it mature. :)

Wow this thread really should be closed. This topic is getting out if control and it's getting too heated for ANYONE to make a point.

Agreed. And i do get that it was wrong and "cheating the system" but at the time honestly i was so excited I didnt even think about it, especially being new to trading. BUT it wasnt "stealing" for I payed for each box before they were opened and YES before i 100% knew it was Rapunzel. It was no guarantee it was her until I opened it, even the CM wasnt 100% sure. And I do apologize to anyone who was offended. I love pin trading and will continue to do it the RIGHT way!:) Hope everyone will forgive me and move on from this ever happening!

I just wanted to jump back in here. First of all, if this is happening, Im glad it went to someone just looking for one for their collection who really enjoys it, and I really hope it was a one time issue. With that said, I am not attacking any one person or event. I am most upset about the idea that it has happened and is allowed to happen and will likely continue to happen if things are not changed. The idea of it happening is far worse than any single event. While one instance may not seem like a big deal, its only one that we know of, if it continues, it is likely to put off a lot of collectors and people might stop buying pins or caring if they don't think they have the same chances as everyone else. No one person should have better odds at anything mystery than anyone else.

BUT..is this any more different than say any collector buying multiple pins that are popular to sell on the secondary market and charging a fortune, is it any different than any trader buying multiple pins and hoard them all for trades and see the wants going higher to get better pins..

Yes, its completely different. As long as the sellers or traders hoarding are following all of Disney's rules and going with the system set up, its completely different. In each of those two situations, the people are playing by the rules and buying pins from Disney. If you don't think that is fair, start a discussion on another thread and see if you can get a discussion going and try and change the situation. Now, what they do with the pins once they have them is their own choice. Those people had the same chances as everyone else to buy something.

To me, a hoarder or seller is no different than a regular guest walking in and buying a single box. Same odds for everyone is fair. I would love to comment on your seller comment but I do not want to get this thread off subject.

This could be MUCH worse, but everyone seems to be backing-up their points. Try not to make or take things personally. We're all adults here, keep it mature. :)

Thank you, thejessta, for keeping this heated topic open. It's refreshing to see honest and heated opinions without feeling like we have to watch what we say for fear of censorship. While I would love everyone to be fuzzy and fluffy, it's much more fulfilling to see people being allowed to be real. Peace!

DLR had them, for the most part, the seem to be sold not now unless they got more in but at least a week or two ago, it was getting very hard to find any boxes left.

So does that mean this is it? Or do you think there is a chance they will get more?

These remind me of the PT52's, when they first came out they flew off the shelves, traded like crazy, and sold like crazy, now not so much. Disney continued to produce them and now they don't trade or sell like they did for the most part..... I am wondering if we will have a repeat with this series....

I was interested in the PT52 series until the fakes started showing up, so that might have something more to do with the slow down, than Disney producing more.

These remind me of the PT52's, when they first came out they flew off the shelves, traded like crazy, and sold like crazy, now not so much. Disney continued to produce them and now they don't trade or sell like they did for the most part..... I am wondering if we will have a repeat with this series....

I was was about to mention the exact same thing. We may see a trend similar to that of the PT52 releases - hot now, cold later. As hot as the Rapunzel chaser is right now, we can't stop more from being released, and more WILL be released.

What I'd really love to see them do is issue the chaser as an LE, and when they re-issue the set in another production wave, just make the chaser in a new color with an appropriate (new) edition stamp. That way the value of the chasers wouldn't be impacted so harshly; the perceived value of the sealed product wouldn't fall over time; we'd know what the rarity of the chaser is; and completists would have something else to go after. We know from seeing PP pins that they routinely make this stuff in a range of colors anyways to see which work best, so leveraging that into extra "waves" of chasers if a set gets sent back for another production run wouldn't seem hard.

Oh, and it'd be great if they didn't let Cast Members **** over customers. That'd be aces. Can't forget that little detail.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by thejessta

Hi Jessie,
I also want to thank you for keeping this post open. It is a chance for new traders to learn to respect other traders, and also to realize that this great hobby of ours is in a fragile state. It is nothing like it used to be, but that does not mean we cannot all try to steer it in the right direction.

I look at the Cast Members as referees in a game. They are responsible for keeping the peace, order, and fairness of the game. If a referee does not do his job, there are fights, unfair scores, and more, which is similar to what is happening here on these posts. So I blame the Cast Members for allowing things like this to take place.

I hope all of you that really want Rapunzel are able to get her eventually. Just keep in mind that sometimes it takes years to get a pin you have missed because it sold out or something else happened. I have several pins that took me 4-5 years to finally get. This is another thing that needs to be learned by new traders. Just have a lot of patience, keep looking, and eventually, you will get your much wanted pin.

OK, on an unrelated (but completely relevant) note, I was wondering about the jewels on these pins. I know the Rapunzel has 3, but am I correct is interpreting the pictures that some have 1 stone and some have 0? Is it that all of the reveal ones have stones (or not) and all of the conceal ones do not (or do)? Just wondering since I have not seen any of these pins...

OK, on an unrelated (but completely relevant) note, I was wondering about the jewels on these pins. I know the Rapunzel has 3, but am I correct is interpreting the pictures that some have 1 stone and some have 0? Is it that all of the reveal ones have stones (or not) and all of the conceal ones do not (or do)? Just wondering since I have not seen any of these pins...

All of the reveals have one stone, while the conceal have none, and yes Rapunzel has 3. :)

Wow I had no idea that Rupunzel was soooooo hard to get!!!!

When these first came out I was soooo excited about them that I bought 4 boxes - highly irregular for me. I was Lucky in the fact that I got a Rupunzel in my first box!! (Tinkerbell was the reveal btw) and I had no idea that it was the chaser I was just really excited to get it for the fact that it was Rupunzel. After those first 4 boxes I have managed to trade for all of the rest of the girls except 1 - ARIEL So if anyone has Ariel for trade please let me know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back