Disney Limited Edition Dolls Informative Thread (IMAGE HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Polaris, Oct 5, 2013.

1. PrincessxJasmine89

PrincessxJasmine89 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Great thread, love that all we collectors will have this to reference from now on! :)

Only thing I'll add (not sure it's worth it :lol:) is that I've been able to use ONE discount code on LE dolls on the UK site for 20% off in the past, around the time single Merida was for sale :)

Oh, another thing! The LE Little Mermaid dolls (all 3) were the first 17'' dolls to be available on the day of release in UK stores other than the large ones, such as Oxford Street, Edinburgh, etc :) And for the other thread about Designer dolls, the Villains and DFDC dolls were also available in UK stores around the country, not just the large ones- unsure about the original Princesses :)

2. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Due to how little I deal with the Disney Store UK, if there are things that need to be updated or if you would like me to include anything relating to the UK website please feel free to let me know and send me a PM so that I can include it as I want the thread to be an informative as possible and not leave out the UK market as well.

I have requested dancecats, the moderator of this forum if they could make it a sticky thread but have not heard back. Not entirely sure how or what needs to be done to make it a sticky thread but I do agree it would be good to have it on top of the list so that people can refer to it first and saves having to repeat questions and answers already answered in the past.

Thanks for the info, it really is difficult to keep up with the UK market as they do tend to do things differently to the US Disney Store at times and because I do not follow the UK market that often I am not up to date with that sort of stuff. But if you feel that there is some information that relates to the UK market that should be posted on here please feel free to PM and I can update the post accordingly.

I try to keep one off situations off the thread as it is one off and it is probably unlikely to occur again, also I did not want to confuse people even more. Especially with something that can get confusing very fast it is sometimes best to keep it simple. Also I thought Tremaine and Cinderella came out the same date in the UK as it did in the US last year? As I got my Tremaine from the UK market. Either way I think that Disney is trying to keep release dates consistent now between stores as can be seen by the Little Mermaid releases and the change in the website to look similar to the US one.

3. IadoreWDW

IadoreWDW Active Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Hi sweetie. Edinburgh doesn't have a big disney store any more. There is one at the Gyle but it is poor. It gets nothing in. :( Scotland's only store to get any L.E or designer dolls is Glasgow I believe. The original designer princesses were sold in the Princes st store in Edinburgh but like I said. It's long gone :( breaks my heart. That was my favourite DS.

4. chroll

chroll Active Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

thank you for this thread!! I hope it gets stickied.

5. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Does anyone know how to make this thread a sticky thread? As I have been receiving some requests to make it one, and I have emailed the moderator of the other Disney collectible threads but havent heard anything back yet.

6. Pirate Princess Ari

Pirate Princess Ari KraftyKitsune

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bump! We really need to sticky this thread.

7. DisneysLiLo

DisneysLiLo New Member

0   0   0

~Bump~
    This is great work and really would be nice to make it a 'sticky'.

Please and Thank you, Sticky decision makers!!!

8. sinslikescarlet

sinslikescarlet Member

0   0   0

This an absolutely lovely thread--thank you so much for putting all this information together!!

9. Meawhite

Meawhite Member

0   0   0

Polaris, this is wonderful. I wonder what in the world we'll talk about now on the other threads? (she said with her Cheshire Cat grin spreading from ear to ear)

10. rozereneetje

rozereneetje Member

0   0   0

thank you for posting

11. PinkGrits

PinkGrits Member

0   0   0

Where is the bubble gum?? We need to make this STICKY!!! Polaris went to so much trouble putting this together, we need to make it stay.

12. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Hi everyone, just trying to keep this thread current as it obviously was not made to have comments and posts to it frequently hence it will probably keep getting pushed down to the bottom.

I have tried contacting a few moderators to see if they could make it a sticky but have not heard back from them since.

If anyone knows how we can organise for this to be done or who to talk to that would be great as it would save having to keep bumping the thread up, plus it is very helpful for those that are new to the Disney LE dolls and want more info on it.

13. Crimson Ribbon

Crimson Ribbon Member

0   0   0

I have no idea if this would be helpful or doable, but maybe also adding the current second market price would be helpful for collectors info? Obviously not an exact number, but maybe a estimate of what dolls are currently going for on eBay or such.

14. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Thanks for the suggestion, I will update the post accordingly.

15. MountedArcherPrincess

MountedArcherPrincess Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey Polaris! I just saw one tiny mistake on the pricing for Ariel, Ursula, and Eric. Disney Store did that .45 cents increase on all their items so now the dolls are $99.95.

16. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

No worries thanks for the update, I have fixed this.

17. diamond.eyes

diamond.eyes New Member

0   0   0

Really nice thread!! Thank you :) Is there ever going to be a LE Pocahontas?

18. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I hope there will be, as I will be so disappointed if there is not one released. I think we should be expecting an Aurora LE next year and hopefully a Jasmine on in 2015. Therefore that leaves it open in 2016 and onwards so I would like to believe that Pocahontas and Mulan will have their turn during these years. Or else the LE Princess set will never be complete because 2 of the original 10 will never have a LE doll which would be pretty harsh of Disney. Especially since they did an LE doll of Calhoun, Alice and China Doll. All of whom are not even princesses.

19. diamond.eyes

diamond.eyes New Member

0   0   0

Ah thank you for the explanation Polaris ^^ I have really high hopes for Pocahontas...she is one of my favorites. :)

20. dizneydogs

dizneydogs Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Very comprehensive info - one other thing Snow White also came with the DVD/Blue-Ray with the $99.50 price tag just like Tiana, the 40 people who got the signed Jessie Dolls on June 16th were part of a D23 promo and the online release for Jessie was on June 18th

it might be also helpful to post the direct links to the dolls info on disneystore.com - if you need links to the other dolls I can help

for example here's the disneystore.com link to Jessie:
    http://www.disneystore.com/limited-...nAffl&LSID=3685103|10676026|&CMP=AFL-AffLSGen

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  21. Disneychrissy

Disneychrissy Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Wow this is amazing!!!! Thanks a ton!!!! :)

22. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Hi guys, so the thread finally got stickied! LOL

But unfortunately when I tried adding the links to the original site I was notified that I had a max of 20000 characters and that I had reached that limit, as a result I had to split the post, but because I did not have another post following immediately after my original one I just had to replace another post that I had done later but is still on the same page. Sorry about that guys, didnt realise there was a limit on the characters per post. Hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle for those going through it, but I figured it is all still on the same page so hopefully it wont be too difficult to follow.

I have however updated it to include the links to the original Disney Store website, please note this is just for reference as all the dolls are sold out and these pages are actually dormant and no longer active. For some reason Disney still keeps it within their website code and has not deleted it so you can still access it and see what the original listing was like.

I have also done a bit more research and pulled up the cost of these dolls on the secondary market, again as I mentioned in the update note on the original post this is based on sales over the past few weeks and is in USD. Also it is based on an average so there can be occasions where dolls are sold for more or less but in general if you get one within the range I provided then you would generally have gotten one reasonably within current market price.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or would like me to add any more info.

23. luvdolls

luvdolls Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Polaris this is such a great thread and very good for newbie collectors like myself

24. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Hey guys added the photo of the Elsa doll, tried to credit it as best I could as it is not my photo and came from a facebook page in France I believe?

25. chroll

chroll Active Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

the FB page is Disney Limited Edition Dolls and the girl who posted it there said she got it from a French doll site