Disney Limited Edition Dolls Informative Thread (IMAGE HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Polaris, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Hey guys I know this thread was not perfect but I tried my best to get the information as correct as possible based on all the research I had done which I did spend a lot of time sourcing myself and I also added the FAQ section based on a lot of questions raised on the forum so if there are any issues that you believe needs to be addressed or any changes that need to be made can you please let me know through here or PM me.

Also I know that the internet will always have trolls and that the forum is not exempt from this however I cant help but be somewhat upset that out of all the rated threads this is the only one at 4 stars. I know it is so superficial and is such a "first world" problem but I think for me it's just disappointing because I just started this thread to help people and I tried my best to get the information right and have updated my post accordingly to include things that people requested and suggested trying to make it as informative and helpful as possible. So really by seeing the rating it just indicates to me that some people on here thought my efforts are just good however they expect more. So I am sorry that it is not perfect but like I said I did try my best and was aware I would have made some mistakes but I guess you cannot please everyone. To be honest I would have preferred no rating at all because then it feels less like my work is being marked! LOL

Sorry I know that it is silly to be disappointed about this and I shouldnt let it get to me but it is hard especially after putting in a lot of effort into it anyway hoping by doing this mini vent it will help me get over it because it really is silly.

Anyway if anyone has more info or questions they want answered and included send me a PM and I will update the thread. Oh and I also updated it for any Frozen LE info we know so far! :)

2. LittleMermaidAriel

LittleMermaidAriel Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Polaris, I think you have done an outstanding job with this thread and it is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to be so informative and helpful, it is truly appreciated. I did not even notice until you mentioned that we could rate a thread and I just gave it five stars because I believe it is wonderful! :) Don't feel down about the rating, you have done beautifully. Again thanks for keeping us all up to date :like:;)

3. LittleMermaidAriel

LittleMermaidAriel Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Haha! I think my rating bumped it up where it should be because now it says 5 stars! Very well deserved :) :bowdown:

4. RapunzelSalat

RapunzelSalat Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I also gave it five stars and this might be the first time I even rated a thread. I'm not a big rater type but I do appreciate your information and efforts!

5. Pirate Princess Ari

Pirate Princess Ari KraftyKitsune

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Didn't even know there was a way to rate threads, to be honest. 4 star rating remedied! You deserve the five star rating; heck, you've gone above and beyond for this thread! I loved how you included the links to the former pages, prices, and pictures. If that wasn't perfect enough, what especially blew me away was how you added the current selling prices for each! Thank you! Much deserving of the now-5-star-rating it has. ;)

6. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Wow guys thanks so much! It's because of people like you guys that I put all this effort in and try to help out where possible.

And again sorry I know it might such a silly thing to get worked up about but for some reason I really felt like it was as if the rating was marking the work I had done and made me feel like even after all the effort I put in there was still something lacking so it did sorta made me feel like a failure LOL. I know that is silly especially with how something so minor could have such a significant impact but for some reason it just really got to me! haha

But thanks for the kind words and bumping the rating up. Definitely put a smile to my face, glad to see that humanity still by far outweighs the trolls online! Thanks guys you have restored my faith into why I did this in the first place! [​IMG]

Again if anyone else has any suggestions on how I can improve this let me know as I do really want this thread to be as helpful as possible!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  7. Meawhite

Meawhite Member

0   0   0

I voted too. I bet somebody tried to vote five stars and accidentally selected the four star column; that's the only way they could have rated this thread lower. Polaris thanks for helping me organize my thoughts about the dolls. All the info in one place is super helpful!

8. Vandinni182

Vandinni182 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This is a great thread!!!! I let my hubby read it so he can understand my collection better! Love this thread; it is so informative and packed with much detail:)

thank u Polaris:)

9. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Merida and Queen Elinor are now sold out from DS.com!

10. Disneychrissy

Disneychrissy Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks so much! This is so great! I voted!! :)

11. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I thought it would have been rude to ask them to delete their posts since they took the time to create the reply but if I get enough people asking for the thread to be back to back then I might ask.

Gosh I do hope that this thread does not make you want to let go of your Alice as she really is stunning. You might end up regretting selling her or trading her if you do but then again you will probably make someone else very happy. So it sort of is a double edged sword situation. Do you mind if I ask why it makes you tempted to let go of Alice? Is it because you dont collect the others and she is the only one you have? Because if it is I think it all comes down to the way you perceive it, because technically you could see your collection as a "Wonderland" collection. Whilst my collection consists mostly of dolls I still see myself more of a collector of things that are rare/limited by Disney it is just in Disney's case most of their rare and limited items are dolls and due to size of it now I also consider it as my collection of dolls but thing is I dont collect any other dolls unless they are LE/Designer Disney dolls. So I guess when it comes down to it, it really is all about perception haha.

12. RapunzelSalat

RapunzelSalat Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Don't feel guilty. You might not be a doll collector but you do love her and you have a collection of Wonderland.

She is on the top of my want list along with Snow White, and she is one I could have had if I wasn't foolishly resisting doll collecting again when she came out. So she is the one that got away. But even so, I would never begrudge someone else for having her and enjoying her even if they are not a doll collector. You shouldn't feel bad. :)

13. RapunzelSalat

RapunzelSalat Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I think I can understand what you mean. I've done that with some things before. Like how I had these really wonderful unique high heel shoes that I love and admired but only wore once and probably won't wear again. I don't "do" high heel fancy shoes. They became my friend's when she told me how much she loved them. She will and has worn them on a regular basis. I can admire them on her feet.

14. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Just updated thread to include details and images for frozen dolls

15. Mande

Mande New Member

0   0   0

I want to point out that the limited edition dolls cost €70, not €80

16. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I managed to get the posts back to back, so thank you to psantos, Set Alone, disneykid85 and ahn_dray_uh for making this possible. Also thank you to Mande for pointing out the Euro prices these have been updated in the original post.

17. AgentOfAnarchy

AgentOfAnarchy This Button Wants To Fly

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

wow that was really interesting to read, i dont really collect dolls and only have the one but It was really interesting to read all the information so neatly. thank you.

18. AmandaAutumn

AmandaAutumn Just let the snow man be!

0   0   0

I'm new to these dolls and they are all so gorgeous. I have an Elsa on the way and I can't wait! But why is Snow White so expensive? Is it because she was first and the oldest?

19. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Snow White is expensive because of her look, compared to all the other LE dolls Snow White and Alice have a more classic porcelain doll look, as a result it has made them appealing to not only Disney Doll collectors but to general die hard doll collector's as well. If you notice within the entire line the two dolls that have sky rocketed in price on the secondary market since release are Snow and Alice, granted Alice has a lower LE size hence the reason why she is now demanding significantly more than Snow but both dolls have a very different look to the others, I mean even if you look at Snow her dress looks very prestige and elegant which Disney could have achieved with the other dolls (which they have with a few others Merida, Alice, Wedding Rapunzel) but most of the newer ones either look cheaper or rushed. Also the look of Snow is very different to the others (except for Alice), she has softer and less cartoon like features e.g smaller eyes, a rounder face etc.

To put simply they look expensive hence justifies paying more for them.

20. Matthewlondon

Matthewlondon Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I like the Snow White but do not think she's worth the price she goes for now! She is the best Snow White doll done to date however, and if your a fan of her then this would be the doll to get. Alice on the other hand I think looks very old fashioned and nothing like her character( although some people like old fashioned styled dolls)- but she's so expensive because of her low edition size.

I prefer the newer ones personally with the exception of Cinderella.

21. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

It really does come down to their look, yes Alice is selling for a lot more but that is not just because of her edition size because if that was the case then by all accounts the QoH doll should be selling for as much as Alice as well.

There are many factors including the fact that the doll has that classic appeal to them that makes them look valuable and more expensive hence why people are willing to pay more for them.

The way I see it Alice and Snow are in a completely different league to the others because they have a completely different look. All the others such as Rapunzel, Tiana, Belle, Anna, Elsa, Ariel, Cinderella and Merida have looks that mirror their cartoon equivalent (hence the big eyes and different shaped heads) and because of that they do not demand as much in terms of value but because of their rarity in numbers and their popularity as characters their prices are slowly increasing.

I think when you actually see the doll in person though you will appreciate why they garner so much value. Like you I originally said I wouldn't spent more than $200 on a doll but after seeing Snow and Alice I knew I had to make an exception to get them before they got even more expensive. Plus as we have said time and time again, the pictures really don't do the dolls any justice at all.

22. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

In my opinion, Snow White is worth the money. Comparing her to all of the dolls, she is by far the most gorgeous (that I have seen in person yet). I agree with Polaris, she is the most expensive looking and commands a higher price! :) That doesn't go without saying though that you CAN find them without sacrificing your first born to the Almighty eBay. Patience is a virtue!

23. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

LOL I love this! But you are definitely right, if you are smart about it you can definitely get her for a reasonable price as Snow seems to have stagnated at the price of around $600-700.

24. AmandaAutumn

AmandaAutumn Just let the snow man be!

0   0   0

Oh okay I understand now. She does have a pretty face and lips!

25. Matthewlondon

Matthewlondon Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I understand it's not just the low edition size that gets Alice's high price but also can factor in that's she's a more popular character than the QOF and yes she does have that "classic" look. I understand some people love porcelain dolls and things whereas I think they look creepy and old fashioned and I guess that's why I'm not fond on Alice. But some people will love her and I appreciate that.

Snow White on the other hand I don't think looks as "classic" as Alice but more so than the newer dolls, she is gorgeous, I just don't think she's worth £600 and up.
    I guess I'd rather have a doll that looks more cartoony and like the actual character than one that looks more "dollish". But none of the LE dolls look that good in person, of all the ones I've seen in person I have loved but based on pictures didn't.

I don't see what everyone else sees I guess lol( were all different) but even if I could get Snow at retail I don't think I would.

A lot of detail did go into Snows outfit though and the attention to detail was fantastic but them she was the first. I would never say she's the most gorgeous because Snow White isn't the most beautiful princess IMO but I do love her dress and that cape!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013