Disney Limited Edition Dolls Informative Thread (IMAGE HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Polaris, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Rainbow_Bubbles

Rainbow_Bubbles Member

0   0   0

Does anyone know if they will be releasing a LE Tinkerbell doll? x

2. TheDisneyFanatic

TheDisneyFanatic Servant of the Dark Fairy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oh okay. Thank for replying! I know they are going to release a doll regardless but I thought it may have been confirmed by a Disney Store employee and it just completely flew over my head.

3. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

There has been some gathering speculation about possible dolls due to the release of the upcoming Tinker Bell movie that is being released next month? (I think it is next month but cannot remember).

I would say that it would be weird if they were to release a 17" tinker bell doll because she would be way off proportionally due to her size. She really would look inflated and a little off unless of course they keep her relatively smaller than the normal 17" and utilize her wings to help make her 17".

Also last year during the Peter Pan diamond edition release would have been the best time to release a Tink doll, I would have though a Wendy with a small tink in the lantern would have sufficed. Sort of like how LE Tiana has Naveen in her hand as a frog. So it is a shame that that opportunity was missed but I think because of that many people think that with the release of this straight to dvd Tink movie it will give Disney the opportunity to make up for this missed opportunity?? So who knows we may see something as Disney likes to surprise us every year doing something different to throw us off guard especially when we start to see some sort of pattern forming, Disney then does something to throw it out making it difficult for us to ever know what to expect which I guess is part of the thrill of these releases LOL

4. Matthewlondon

Matthewlondon Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I don't think Tinks would look odd in 17inch, I mean the toy story dolls are 17inch and part of the collection and realistically they should be tiny next to the human characters but they still did those:) And Ursula should be twice the size of Ariel but yet she's too small. So I think they could do tinks, and she would look stunning. I couldn't see them ever doing Wendy their are many more important characters to do first, I don't see them doing Tinks though as they would have done it for the Peter Pan blueray. But who knows we could be surprised!

5. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Again you are entitled to your own opinion but I am not sure if you noticed but the actual Toy Story toys were quite big, Thinkway made dolls to replicate the ones in the movie and they were around the 15-17" mark.

Also they did a doll for China Doll and Sgt Calhoun so I dont think there is such a thing as "more important" characters especially when it comes to their corresponding movies coming out as a diamond edition or in the cinema.

The main thing with Tink is that if they were to make her 17" then her wings will be bigger so I definitely think that if they were to do a 17" then I believe the wings will contribute to the height.

Also I would have thought Wendy would make a better LE doll as they really could have given her the classic look that Alice and Snow have especially if they did up her blue dress that she wears throughout the movie and gave her the curls in her hair. She would have looked amazing and then Tink would have been the accessory. I think this would be better because there is more that they could have done with Wendy's dress than they could with Tink as really she is in such a small dress that they cant really do much to it unless they make her wings the stand out rather than the dress.

Again this is just my opinion but the way I see it is that if they were to do a 17" Tink she will probably be a little smaller than the others in terms of height and her wings will just make up the remainder of the height to make the doll 17". Sort of like how Cinderella and Tiana are 18" due to their up-dos in their hair.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with them doing a 17" Tink, just that I would have thought a Wendy doll would have been nicer. I just know that Disney likes to keep us on our feet so I have a feeling that they may do something different this year with the doll releases like they did with the designer villains in 2012. So we may see something different again this year as it is an off D23 expo year and maybe that something different could be a Tink doll and how they plan on doing it.

Also yes that is a fair point about Ursula needing to be a bit bigger as she looks small when sat next to Eric and Ariel as has more girth than height. But I just think it would be nice if Disney tried to incorporate the fact that Tinker Bell is a fairy and that she is small therefore maybe make her smaller than the 17" dolls (maybe 15") so that the fact that she is a fairy does not get lost and represented only by her ears and wings.

Oh and I wasnt saying that Tink was not in proportion to the other dolls but she is not in proportion to her character and the fact that she is a fairy if they were to explode her into a 17" doll hence why I figured that this could be reflected if she was slightly smaller than the other characters released so far. Also there has been a lot of speculation about Tink dolls being released due to her upcoming movie so anything is possible at this point.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  6. AA1990

AA1990 Member

0   0   0

Personally, ive never cared for Tink because of her snooty attitude in the movie... which is the persona that stuck with me since her own movies didnt come out until I was an adult and "set in my ways" lol! But I do think she would be a great potential doll since she has become a disney icon. That said, I think I would prefer Tink as a 12" doll rather than 17". If she was 17" she would be a giant amongst her fellow dolls and would be out of proportion even to humans. If she were 12" at least I would feel like she was closer to "life-size" in relation to humans, the way she was in the show, and she wouldnt tower over the other dolls. That said, I think I would be more inclined to the Wendy with a lantern idea more than anything :)

7. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Oh sorry I thought you meant Tinks wouldn't be proportioned to the other dolls. I know the toy Story dolls are pretty much size accurate to how they are in the film but putting them next to the human characters they look out of proportion, that is why many people don't seem to count the Toy story dolls as part of the same collection. I don't no how many people outside of this forum would be interested in Wendy, I mean their isn't even a classic doll of her! This is just my opinion, I think due to her classic look and if they gave her a low number like Alice and a tink in a lantern then she would be a great doll, not sure if they would do it but you never no, who would have thought we would get Sgt Calhoun.

I do think Tinker bell is more likely than Wendy due to the many tink movies and her popularity, maybe they could do a smaller line of Limited edition fairies? And include Fauna,flora and Merry weather! Lol pipe dream.

Polaris which doll do you prefer Cinderella or Ursula if you had to pick?

8. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I couldn't stand Tinkerbell as a child, she was so mean,vain and snooty! Didn't really like Peter Pan as a film apart from Hook and Tic Toc lol but love Tinks having seen her own movies. Normally I'm not one for changing classic characters but she was changed for the better Imo!
    Btw Polaris I was not suggesting I didn't like your idea of Wendy with Tinks in the lantern as I think it's a brilliant idea and would look stunning! It would have the potential to be a big seller like Alice if styled in the classic style, but at the same I would buy a 17inch Tinks. But I'd get either, after all the most important thing is how stunning and detailed the doll is! Let's just pray we get one of them as they passed on them when the Blueray came out :(

Disney should have have done Captain Hook with Tinks in the lantern! As he does lock her up in it! And he's such a iconic villian! That would be amazing.

9. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Personally whilst I dont like her "barbiefication" I do like Cinderella more than Ursula. I just think Cinderella is more appealing and I guess more pleasant to look at? That being said Ursula is great but if I had to choose between the two I think i would choose Cinderella as I do like the details in her dress and the fact that they did give her glass slippers (even though the slippers had some issues)...

They did make Sgt Calhoun and she was LE 1500 and then they made China Doll and she was LE 500 so I definitely think if they were to do a Wendy they could have done her as a LE 500-1000 similar to Alice. I just think Wendy was a missed opportunity and a good one too because I think she really could have had that amazing classic look that we got from Alice and Snow. I honestly think that she could have potentially become of the grails if given the chance and was executed properly.

10. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I totally understand what you mean, if done correctly Wendy would have the potential to be a great doll,maybe we will get her one day! I think if they did her limited to 500/1000 then she would end up a grail for many like Alice! Do you think we will ever get characters like the blue fairy as I think she could be stunning not that we need more dolls in blue lol.

I agree I love Ursula but can't put my finger on it that keeps stopping me from buying her! Whereas Cinderella looks nothing like Cinderella but I'm dying to find her and buy her lol, just more drawn to her I guess + she is pretty.

11. Beachgirl626

Beachgirl626 Hawaiian Rollercoaster Rider

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Shout Out to Polairs!! I really enjoy your point of view and the interesting information you post. :bigthumb: ~Aloha!

12. Rainbow_Bubbles

Rainbow_Bubbles Member

0   0   0

Wow thank you all for the replies. I too wasn't really into tinkerbell as a child i mean i loved the princesses and bambi so i think tinkerbell got overlooked slightly, it was when I turned 18 that I watched the film again with my cousins children and I fell in love and although I enjoy the old school animation above the newer films I do love tinkerbell and she is one of my favs.

Im not really sure what size I imagined her being made but if she was made smaller like Polaris has said I think that she would look amazing with big beautiful wings and she would look stunning.

I think her attitude has improved over the years but I always found it very funny (so protective over Peter)

Anyway thank you all you have given me alot to think about xxxxxxxxxxx

13. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Thank you beachgirl626 that is really nice of you to say that :)

14. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Been reading through this thread and just have to say to Polaris thank you for creating this thread! It's the go to thread for all the information and it's nice to have everything all on the first page, So thank you:)

15. HugsxNxKisses(X0X0)

HugsxNxKisses(X0X0) Member

0   0   0

In a way, the blue fairy did receive something LE. They made an LE crystal wand and there is a Tonner doll. She is being sold nude on eBay.

16. HugsxNxKisses(X0X0)

HugsxNxKisses(X0X0) Member

0   0   0

17. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I really want Snow White:( has anyone ever found her for £500/600 ish? I only ever see her for about £800!

18. popboy

popboy Member

0   0   0

thank you so much - i literally have just started collecting dolls today. So theres a lot to catch up on! I have one small question - the Elsa/Anna dolls that went on sale in Jan 2014 (but sold out online)...will these be available instore in the Uk?

19. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Yep that is correct, the UK/Euro market does not do preorders so the dolls will be available for sale from March 18 both in store (on a first come first serve basis) and online as well. They will be available online from 8am in the UK and 9am in France and Germany (based on time zones, so you can just figure it out from there if you live in a different timezone).

What this means is that those in Europe still have a chance at these dolls as the sold out stock only applies to the US stock, the UK have yet to sell theirs.

20. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Hey Polaris quick question, will the tinkerbell be online at 8am this Tuesday morning in the uk? Thanks

21. popboy

popboy Member

0   0   0

Fascinating! Thank you for the reply Seriously appreciated. I've never really got into collecting so a bit dumb when it comes down to it (in fact i just love the dolls - i didnt really realize you gotta act real fast with the Frozen dolls hence the question). So the best thing to do is order them online and head down to your local disneystore at 8?

(Ps, i second that tinkerbell question).

It would be fab if DisneyStoreUK had pre-orders available too.

22. Polaris

Polaris Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Yes that is right she will be released online at 8am on Tuesday morning in the UK, they have a different release to the US and do not stagnate their designer doll release so you should be expecting both the in store and online release to be on the 18th which is this Tuesday.

23. Matthewlondon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thank you:) think will order online instead of going to the store.

24. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Member

0   0   0

Is Tink being sold on the Disney Store UK website?

25. love4dollz

love4dollz Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Tink is on line now for those in the UK :) I again missed out on my Frozen doll Elsa the seller was selling me the 2nd edition one not the first I am once again gutted :(