Disney Pandora Bead Collection

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Purplemandms, Nov 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Okay, so I am also surprised to see that no one has started a thread on this yet: The recently released Disney Pandora Bead collection.

For those of you who don't know what Pandora beads are, they're a brand of beads go onto a bracelet to form a sort-of charm bracelet. Disney initially had Camilla beads and bracelets, but it looks like they've stepped up to a larger company.

Here are some photos of the beads: (As of 11/9)

[​IMG]

Some close-ups of the beads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then the bracelet to tie it all together:
    [​IMG]

New for Spring 2015 (As of 3/22/15:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other Beads:

Disneyland 60th Anniversary beads are in post #29

Fall/Winter 2015 are in posts #31 (Holiday beads, Wishes, DVC, and Fantasia 75th Anniversary) and #37 (Olaf/Jasmine)

Spring 2016 charms are in post #38 (Ariel, AIW, and new Mickey bracelet) #42 (2016 bead) & #51 (Rapunzel, Aurora, AIW, Collections and new Ariel, Winnie the Pooh, and Tink beads!)

Disneyland Hong Kong and Shanghai Exclusive Beads, along with new park beads (Shimmering Swirls, pink beads, spaceship earth), "Shimmering Mickey Swirls" bracelet, Autumn/Winter 2016 preview (Mickey/Minnie beads), and the D23 bead are in post #60

20th Anniversary of Epcot International Food and Wine Festival bead is in post #67

Spring 2017 collection (BATB beads and bracelet, Winnie the Pooh, More Tink, Snow White 80th Anniversary, and Mickey, Minnie, and Donald) are in posts #70 and #71

The 2017 bead is in post #77, and post #78 showcases beads (mainly Mickey and Minnie, also new "Fantasyland Fireworks" bead) which were not listed but were (at the time) available for purchase at the Disney Store's online shop.

Note that you don't HAVE to have the bracelet to wear the charms. I have a troll beads bracelet and Pandora beads fit fine.

So what do you guys think? Does anyone else here wear Pandora/Camilla/Troll? Do you guys have favorites? Any ideas for future beads?

Images via: charmsaddict.com and disneystore.com

More photos:

x

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. MzMarie

MzMarie Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

A lady who worked at Pandora here told me about these a couple months ago. As far as these, Iike what I'm seeing so far. The only thing, I wish they would do what Chamilia did when they had their Disney line: the stopper beads such as this one: [​IMG]

3. Loomi

Loomi Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I've never been a fan of this style of bracelet, Pandora or otherwise, and even Disney theme beads is not selling it to me! Although there's a fair few designs here they all seem a bit same-y .. all Mickey heads or Mickey and Minnie designs with the odd nod to one or two other movies. In fact the only one I even like here is the Sorcerer Hat xD

It'd be nice to have a bit more variation but I guess it's natural to stick to the tried and tested Disney icons that people recognise. I am sure the parks charms will appeal to people too as a sort of upmarket souvenir.

4. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

From my understanding, the "Mickey All Around" is a stopper bead. Although it might just be a spacer. I heard from someone in DTD recently saying that all the stoppers were sold out, and when I asked what they were they told me they had Mickeys going across the band. However, if it isn't a stopper, I completely agree with you.

I agree with you. I definitely think they're trying to hit a souvenir market here. Pandora stores around the world have "exclusive" beads that are marketed as momentos for your trip. It's the whole "every bead tells a story" thing. Hopefully they will expand their collection to include some classic Disney movies as well.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  5. MzMarie

MzMarie Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Sold out?? According to Pandora's site the collection isn't available until Friday.

6. Babybaby

Babybaby Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I was devastated when I read that this was happening because I've got a Chamilia Disney bracelet so was going to have to venture over to the dark side haha! I went into one of the Pandora shops over here in the UK and they said that we aren't getting them over here its just in the USA. I've never been so happier!!!

I contacted Chamilia to ask too and they backed this info up by saying we're getting some new released in 2015.

I'm not sure about them being all same though?! I'm looking at my bracelet now and out of the 16 Disney charms, only 5 are related to Minnie/Mickey. I had this Ariel one for my birthday and I love it, these ones are so much better in person - I'm hoping to get Belle for Christmas!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  7. Loomi

Loomi Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I was referencing the Pandora charms above, which are 98% Mickey and Minnie - I'm assuming you are referencing Chamilia charms, which I have never seen :- )

8. Babybaby

Babybaby Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Very sorry, yes it was and I agree with you about the Pandora charms :)

9. Belle

Belle Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I love charms. I am thinking about getting some beads for my bracelet from the Disney Collection. There is a snow white one i have my eye on :)

10. Rasputin

Rasputin VIP Gold List

Rating - 100%
    272   0   0

There are also Park Exclusive Pandora charms.

11. Paul1823

Paul1823 Member

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

I was at WDW DTD Nov 7th and there was a huge line for the Pandora charms. Reminded me of when Vera Bradley first came out.

12. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Some have already been released in the parks and at the Disney store online.

Yup! And to clarify for those viewing this thread, as of 11/11/14, those are the beads in the first two pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Although I have seen some of the "parks exclusive" beads pop up onto the DS website for some reason. Might be an error?)

13. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I'm missing some really colourful ones. I have some amazing beads from Pandora and they're all bright and happy.

14. Mali

Mali Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Does anyone know where in disneyland you can buy them?

15. squidget

squidget Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

[​IMG]
    My bf just surprised me with this for our 1 year anniversary!!!!! I'm so excited :) I live in Canada and my parents are in Florida for the winter and they kept telling me they couldn't get the bracelet anywhere as it was sold out everywhere, MK, DD, they even went to Vero Beach and Hilton Head! Anyway they were in cahoots with my bf! I love it so much :) but now its just one more Disney collectable... Disney should just direct debit my paycheck lol SOOO happy right now :)

16. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Being a troll beads person I'm actually still getting used to the colored silver beads. I'm just used to sprucing up my bracelet with the glass ones. But hopefully there'll be enough interest that there will soon be a Disney bead for every color of the rainbow!

Sadly I do not, however I know that some are for sale on the disney store online.

What an amazing story!! That's so adorable. :')

17. Babybaby

Babybaby Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That looks really nice! Its great to see them not in stock photos!

18. FarFromDreams

FarFromDreams Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I really hope they get created, I love the chamila princess charms because they were unique. I got the beauty and the beast charm last year for Valentines day and adore it.
    [​IMG]

I hope pandora tries for subtle disney touches like chamila does.
    [​IMG]

19. squidget

squidget Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I love the red rose charm! That's gorgeous :D

20. Babybaby

Babybaby Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This is exactly why I love a lot of Chamilia charms - because they aren't too in your face and most of them you wouldn't get are Disney unless you were a massive fan or looked at the reallyyyy close up.

21. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Some new charms have been added!!

The first post has been updated to show the collections.

I'm not sure about if there are new park exclusives or not, I'm assuming that the castles are.

What does everyone think? Can anyone vouch for the quality of the dresses ones? I'm always nervous about beads which have color in them. Either they're beyond gorgeous or a total flop. :/

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  22. Babybaby

Babybaby Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm soooooo glad these aren't coming to the UK because I'd be poor! I do love them though, especially the dresses.

23. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Active Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I will be watching this thread like a hawk!

My mum and sister both collect Pandora and I'm coming out to DLR in the summer so I will have to pick some up when I'm out there :D

Thanks for starting this thread - great idea!! :)

-Charlie

24. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I know the feeling. And I think the dresses look the best too, at least in the photos. I prefer the dresses over the crowns.

Thank you! I'm glad to see that there are other collectors on here as well. (Although I'm more trollbeads than pandora.)
    While you're there, check our their park exclusives!

25. Babybaby

Babybaby Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

My friends parents have just come back from Vegas and bought her a load of the princess charms - I think seeing them in person is going to make me want them more :(