• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Pin Trading Newbies!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Pin Trading Newbies!!! :)

wdw19852008

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

My wife and I thought it would be fun to join this online forum to network and make friends with other fellow pin traders out there. We actually took up the idea to create several Youtube videos to share our pin collection with the greater online world as well. Our Youtube user name is wdw19852008 and we have listed 6 separate segments of our pin collection as of last week. We're from the Midwest where there's already snow and we're having withdrawals of Disney and pin trading in general! If you want to check out our collection so far, here's a direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SMB1U3xJlY :drool: Watch all our videos or feel free to subscribe if we're not too boring for you! :)

We are huge huge fans of Disney. Stefanie and I actually took our honeymoon in Disney World in Orlando, FL and we have been going back every year since 2008. We had our big 5 year anniversary this past October!

Stefanie has grown up in a Disney family having been there at least 20 times before we ever met and started dating! I actually had the incredible opportunity to intern in Orlando with WDW back in 2005. I did an advanced internship there and hence my love for it really started! There seems to be two types of Disney interns, the folks that work there and then hate it, or the folks that intern and have an even deeper appreciation for it. I'm the latter..having found an even greater enjoyment and love for traveling there now! The advanced internships are a bit different than the WDW College Program, but I've heard great things about both! If nothing else, doing the College Program may cause you to want to go back for yet another internship down the road! Stef and I's plans are to move down to Orlando in a few years and hopefully we'll land our dreams jobs with Disney!

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself (Joe) and my wife (Stefanie) as we'll be logging in and sharing stories/info and looking for info as well from the greater pin trading community out there! Stop by and visit our Youtube profile and leave us your feedback, etc.

We have over 800 pins in our collection now! We trade like crazy when down in Disney and are always buying new pins when on vacation or back home on eBay.

The last time we were down in FL was in October this past fall and one thing we noticed that almost all the cast members seemed to have a very limited selection of good pins to trade - has anyone else experienced this recently? Seems like a lot of duplicates and scrapper/trader pins.

I'm a huge fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas so I'm naturally drawn to those pins and Stefanie loves Jessica Rabbit pins.

We're heading back to WDW first week of January...can't wait! :)

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and can't wait to talk some pins!

Joe & Stef

Welcome! I'm new here too and everyone has been super nice.

Also, congrats on your 5 year anniversary! If I ever get married, it would be a dream to have a Disney honeymoon as well! :D Great collection you have, and hopefully it will grow with NBC and Jessica soon.

Welcome Joe and Stefanie!!! :wavey: I am also in the midwest! :) Grew up in Michigan, and now live right over the boarder in Indiana! :D Feel free to send me a PM sometime!

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I actually did the college program in hopes of getting into a professional internships but alas that did not come to pass. Still I loved my time down there and also had my honeymoon as well as little extra souvenir . Best of luck down there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back