• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Pins Fine-Art Museum (any other art-geeks out there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Pins Fine-Art Museum (any other art-geeks out there?)
Here are all the masterpiece pins together!

pin25895th200
pin27858th200
pin35654th200

For closer pictures, as well as their titles, just look up "Masterpiece" on pinpics!

There are two more "sets" that are included in this, so for togetherness sake I'm going to put them all here.

pin40546
pin45979

This entire thread was so fun to read, I'm geeking out so hard over all these pins. they're so beautiful and unique but man, I'm not even that into all of the stitch merch but that blue nude - blue dude painting from the masterpiece series is so gorgeous. honestly goals if I felt I had any sort of a shot for that little guy. so good.

What a great thread! I knew about a few of the fine and pop art inspired pins, but there were a ton here I had no idea existed. So cool... fortunately none that I want in my collection (oh man, I'd be in trouble if there was, the prices on these guys are crazy!), but they sure are fun to look at! Thanks to everyone who's contributed pictures and knowledge here!

Back home and can't resist answering one more question tonight....

I believe this pin, referred to above...

pin70508

is a take off of Mogdiliani's painting of Jeanne Hebuterne, his common law wife. Below is the portrait. Note how the hands are in the same positions, and she is sitting in the same position in the chair...
images

(This is the pin, in case anyone was wondering) Maybe I'll turn into a fine-art collector after all!

Not to mention the January DSF paint series releases! I thought about this post when I saw them!
Oh goodness, there's going to be MORE????
A few of those do look familiar....especially the Mona Figment and Blue Boy... however, the Monet (Garden at Giverney) , Houkusai (Great Wave) and Leutze (Washington Crossing the Delaware) are somewhat new because they now contain Dear Purple Fignment.
Hopefully a large release, so many can enjoy and join the Disney Pin Art Enthusiasts :)

Are each of these monthly releases at Disney store based on a different artistic style?? If so, how did I miss that????

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm not totally sure, this is the first one that I've really noticed that has been influenced by an actual painting! But I wouldn't be surprised if the others (or if future ones) would also be based off of them. (God help me if there's a monet/impressionist one)

I'm not totally sure, this is the first one that I've really noticed that has been influenced by an actual painting! But I wouldn't be surprised if the others (or if future ones) would also be based off of them. (God help me if there's a monet/impressionist one)

I looked at the golden mug from last month's release, and the description included Art Deco influences... There is a mouse head design on the cup I never noticed before I saw a close up pic.

Somewhere (maybe an employee at Disney store?) I thought I had heard that each set represents a different decade, but now I'm not sure. The first three sets could fit both descriptions, with 20s/cartoon art of Streamboat Willie, 30s/Art Deco and 40s/Mondrian (if I read Wikipedia right, lol) represented. One of the future plush looks like the 60s, but now you've got me looking at the light blue Mickey and trying to picture water lilies! :)
7994d50428cce990672844d3d155cca5.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back