• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

If someone is offered a doll at cost, by someone who was not already picking one up for them, but out of kindness, please be sure to post, because they deserve applause!!!!

Oh, and let's see if the person that gets it for cost doesn't turn around and sell it on eBay for $$$$$.. hmmmmm..

Disney Twitter:
DisneyStore Disney Store

All Designer Dolls have sold out. We understand the experience was poor for many, and we're sorry. Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Oh to imagine the "feedback" they are getting right now.

Well that was a real struggle! My heart goes out to everyone who was not able to get anything. Disney really messed up with these dolls. Sure, their other LE items (i.e. LE pins) create similar problems, but those occurances don't cause major crashes like this, right? Between this frustration and what I saw Monday early morning at 2 retail stores, I actually preferred this, personally. Funky websites are frustrating, but I did not have to deal with crowds of people or underhanded activity or poor security guards. Also, after 2 hours, it was all over.

Here's an image to ease everyone's sorrows.

flvg2o.jpg

I don't know if I consider my order of Jasmine and Rapunzel a "success" until they show up at my door. I somehow forgot about the release until 12:40 (I don't know HOW I forgot...) but after 30 minutes of refreshing the page my order was confirmed. My mom was able to pull up her cart but unable to get any further.

I was able to get Pocahontas and Aurora. :) I'm bummed that more folks on here didn't come away with what they wanted.

I'm ROFLMAO!!!!!!! .....

Well, at least DPF was able to handle keeping this site running durring DOLLMAGEDDON!!!! LoL over 25,000 views on this thread!!!! There were 18,000 last night!

HA! I was thinking the same thing! It was nice to be able to check in here & see everyone else was having problems too & it wasn't just me.

The Jessica & Tink Halloween pin releases were nothing compared to Dollmagedon!

HA! I was thinking the same thing! It was nice to be able to check in here & see everyone else was having problems too & it wasn't just me.

The Jessica & Tink Halloween pin releases were nothing compared to Dollmagedon!

Disney Store on Twitter confirmed this release broke records with their site (and probably with customer service too!)

Disney Store
Update: All Disney Princess Designer Dolls have now sold out. The popularity of this Limited Edition collection since the first release has been completely unprecedented. We acknowledge that this has been a poor experience for many of you, and we are truly sorry for those of you who were unable to purchase. We value your feedback, and will create a better experience in the future.
LikeUnlike · · 35 minutes ago ·

LMAO ...Ya Think????

Last edited:
Well, let's hope not!

I would hope it would be someone who was looking for a particular doll and didn't end up with it.

Gosh! I did not think of that!

Vicki

Oh, and let's see if the person that gets it for cost doesn't turn around and sell it on eBay for $$$$$.. hmmmmm..

Oh, I know. :) Nut just seeing that poor little thing made me feel guilty!!!

They are beautiful dolls and yes, I wanted at least Jasmine and then Aurora and Rapaunzel for a member here, but I will be ok. Iguess I just needed to let loose my frustration.

There are waaaay more important things going on in the world, then the release of the dolls. I am fine and will carry on. :)

Whew, the picture put it in perspective for me though. :)

No worries :)

Vicki

LOL! It wasn't in response to your post...it just happened to follow it. It sums up my overall feeling this afternoon...

I got nothing. Trying to remove the extra Pocahontas from my cart is what did me in. :(

I've only ordered from DS.com once before when it was functioning normally and that was difficult enough. They have the worst shopping cart I've ever experienced in all my online shopping. Duplicates often end up in the cart because it's not clear if the item is even in the cart and then it's a pain to remove them all. With the addition of all the crashes today this was hell.

I really didn't expect to get any once their website started acting up . I really am thrilled for you that were able to get your dolls . YaY ! At least some succeeded .
Is Punzy sold out in UK too ?

I came away empty handed, but oh well, I tried!

Boy I'd really hate to be working the phones at customer service for Disney right now! :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back