• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
Bellissima! Rapunzel looks great with the silk rose! It is a perfect color match! :)

Oh i choose that little rose because i found it randomly and i protect it for 2 months for her!! Is pale pink (like the skirt) and has 2 little leaves in pale green (match with her eyes).
I love her. :D :)

Ugh, well... my final 2 dolls apparently were hanging out at the Disney Store warehouse from last Friday until today and finally made their way to the UPS Memphis site... Being in California, I won't see them until next Monday, but at least I know where they are now. :( I think TDS has it in for anyone on the West Coast! j/k Oddly, since I'll be completing my collection next week, it's almost as if the doll schedule did not change at all! All's well that ends well, I guess? (This must be Aurora's revenge for me dissing her Designer look...)

Last edited:
My friend just emailed me and guess what........ They HAVE ARRIVED:) :) :) OMG im soooo happy after all that they just turned up lol YAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAAYAYYAYAY :D

My friend just emailed me and guess what........ They HAVE ARRIVED:) :) :) OMG im soooo happy after all that they just turned up lol YAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAAYAYYAYAY :D

Congratulations! :) Slowly, everything is filtering through as it should be! I received my Rapunzel, Jasmine, and Pocahontas this evening. They are all so lovely, but receiving so many at once takes away a little of the excitement like when one doll was released each week. Of course, after all this time, I am incredibly happy to finally get these beauties! Aurora and Tiana should arrive next Monday...

I got a call from D23 this evening and was told my pre-sell set was being inspected to ensure everything is perfect. Tomorrow I should get a call with the UPS tracking number :x:

Oh yay im glad its all getting sorted out for us:D Thanks soo much everyone im soo relieved and happy now to get the animator dolls hehe ;)

I'm really glad everyone's items are coming in for them! :) It's great to see! Now if only I could get Ariel. Ha. Chalking that up to a pipe dream at this point. But I'm still happy for everyone!

Something weird - my SW online order got cancelled back in September and I got a voice mail last week (it was an old one from end of Sept) regarding some cancellations and returns of SW and advised me that there is one on hold for me if I wanted to proceed with my order. I called them last week to try and see if she was still available and she is...got an email a few minutes ago saying she is on the way, but they gave me a bad tracking number (got to call or email them back to have them verify that)...

but i thought since these are limited edition that there were no returns or exchanges..no wonder a lot of people were upset (including yours truly) when we got that dreaded "your Snow White order cannot be processed as it was sold out when you placed your order" email...

ohhhh...and another thing...this is after I had traded my xtra Ariel for a Snow White...thinking I didn't have any other chance at getting SW without having to resort to EvilBay...

Has anyone ever experienced a situation from TDS, where TDS claims to have shipped something via UPS and provides a tracking number, but the UPS website does not update with any information that they actually received the parcel even after several days from when TDS says that they shipped the order? Needless to say, this is in reference to my Designer Doll order that supposedly shipped on Friday, but the UPS website has not changed at all to indicate that they ever received the box and consequently there is no estimated arrival date... How nerve-wracking!

oopss...that was an old post..

something similar to me with my ariel order. i got a confirmation email about her being shipped with the tracking number. i constantly checked the ups site to track my ariel, but it never got updated, when i called ups, they told me they never received the package for shipment. i called disney store.com right away and was told they can't do anything until day 9. i called them on day 9 and was told that it was considered lost and got offered a refund or a gift card. did not even bothered to tell me they will look into it. i was told since this is a limited edition and sold out and no longer in stock, all they will offered me was a sorry, a refund or a gift card. very upsetting, so annoying, and very inconvenient. i called a few more times and emailed them a few more times and made them look into it....

call ups to verify receipt of package. otherwise, call ds.com customer service, get on them, tell them to check with their warehouse, have them escalate it to make sure they look into this in for you. make them look for your package.

i sincerely hope it's just because it was a friday and ups has not updated their site...hopefully you will not have to go though what i went through with my ariel. best regards to you.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the dolls are stamped somewhere with their edition size number. Since every doll comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and an assigned number - normally that means the actual item itself also should have the matching number on it somewhere. They do that with statues and things that have an actual number. Was just wondering if anyone has opened their doll and seen if there was a matching COA number on it somewhere.

Does anyone know if the dolls are stamped somewhere with their edition size number. Since every doll comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and an assigned number - normally that means the actual item itself also should have the matching number on it somewhere. They do that with statues and things that have an actual number. Was just wondering if anyone has opened their doll and seen if there was a matching COA number on it somewhere.

The LE number is stamped on the back of the dolls :)

Nobody say something.. so... i post some pictures of my Rapunzel :) :D :hsd:

You can see all pictures of her (for now) on my
flickr set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rose_valentine/sets/72157627988672862/

She is GORGEOUS... I LOVE HER!!!
:love: :daisy:

Your photos are so beautifully artistic! Rapunzel looks fabulous! So far, I don't dare take mine out of the box! :p

Has anyone else noticed how the Designer Dolls are so, well, non-uniform in the way they turned out from doll to doll for the same princess (i.e. really shoddy quality control)? For example, I've noticed that some Designer Rapunzels have their corsets laced all the way up to the top of the purple area, but mine falls short by one set of loops, making a very noticeable area of purple there and also making the jeweled silk cord ends consequently fall a lot closer to the hemline of the dress. My Designer Belle doll has missing faux gems on the upper edges of her gloves, making an odd clumped pattern instead of two rows of gem details. And don't get me started with the different wacky lop-sided hairdos that Designer Snow White can have in the factory packaging! On the other hand, some of my dolls (Cinderella, Ariel, Mulan, Pocahontas) are picture-perfect like their official promo pictures. Of course, the factory is outsourced, but this along with the disorganized release drama really tells me that DS really did not care too much about this line.

Your photos are so beautifully artistic! Rapunzel looks fabulous! So far, I don't dare take mine out of the box! :p

Has anyone else noticed how the Designer Dolls are so, well, non-uniform in the way they turned out from doll to doll for the same princess (i.e. really shoddy quality control)? For example, I've noticed that some Designer Rapunzels have their corsets laced all the way up to the top of the purple area, but mine falls short by one set of loops, making a very noticeable area of purple there and also making the jeweled silk cord ends consequently fall a lot closer to the hemline of the dress. My Designer Belle doll has missing faux gems on the upper edges of her gloves, making an odd clumped pattern instead of two rows of gem details. And don't get me started with the different wacky lop-sided hairdos that Designer Snow White can have in the factory packaging! On the other hand, some of my dolls (Cinderella, Ariel, Mulan, Pocahontas) are picture-perfect like their official promo pictures. Of course, the factory is outsourced, but this along with the disorganized release drama really tells me that DS really did not care too much about this line.

I agree - Rose_Valentine, your Rapunzel photos are beautiful!!!

And yes, Shivatopia, quality control definitely seems to be a problem. I'm still bummed about my Mulan missing a hairpin. :(

I agree - Rose_Valentine, your Rapunzel photos are beautiful!!!

And yes, Shivatopia, quality control definitely seems to be a problem. I'm still bummed about my Mulan missing a hairpin. :(

That's right! I remember you had mentioned that when you received her! Not to throw around comparisons, but Mattel does a much better job with quality consistency in their collector Barbie dolls. All of my collector Barbies almost always look exactly like the promo pics, and they certainly are never missing parts of their outfits. Disney could learn a thing or two from Mattel, who has been making dolls since 1959.

Oh, happy day! My Designer Aurora and Designer Tiana finally arrived at my doorstep tonight from DS/UPS! Luckily, Aurora was not a surprise Mulan (that is not a Halloween surprise that I would have appreciated much), and the dolls are complete (no missing accessories or messed up gowns or hair). It's been a long journey since finding out about the Designer Princess Pins and Dolls in early August, and it feels weird that, for me, the goal has finally been reached. What is interesting is that putting Aurora and Tiana next to each other makes me think of Christmas, with the strong green and fuchsia colors beside one another...

So now I can report that my doll numbers are:
Snow White: #0330
Cinderella: #3834
Aurora: #0424
Ariel: #1473
Belle: #2967
Jasmine: #0353
Pocahontas: #2834
Mulan: #3586
Tiana: #3635
Rapunzel: #1168

Although I will discuss these 2 dolls in the Doll Appreciation thread shortly, I can say that I do like Designer Aurora a lot more in person, even though I am still not crazy about her hair...

Happy Halloween, everybody! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back