• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
That's really funny :p it really shows how crazy dollmageddon (and we) were :)

Ok ok... I know nobody cares about my news ... but... i made a new "couture" dress for my Designer Rapunzel!! :hsd:

It was so hard to do (especially the hair style and the skirt)... this is a preview (i will post more photos later when the sun came out)
I use the second designer Rapunzel outfit and i cut the pink down skirt and the pink up skirt for make principal dress and back skirt. All is inspired by the Rose, my favorite flower.

I hope some sweet heart can enjoy this one :)

:wiggle:

Ok ok... I know nobody cares about my news ... but... i made a new "couture" dress for my Designer Rapunzel!! :hsd:

It was so hard to do (especially the hair style and the skirt)... this is a preview (i will post more photos later when the sun came out)
I use the second designer Rapunzel outfit and i cut the pink down skirt and the pink up skirt for make principal dress and back skirt. All is inspired by the Rose, my favorite flower.

I hope some sweet heart can enjoy this one :)

:wiggle:

She looks gorgeous, Rose! You are the first person I have heard of who actually took a Designer doll and used the actual original gown to make something new! From what I see in this picture, she already looks far more impressive than Disney's Designer sketch! She looks very sophisticated and elegant! I can't wait to see more!

I am onored to listen your comments, friends :D The most "funny" thing was the idea: i see the second outfit and after so many times i try to sell to someone (obviously all failed) i decided to make MY OWN designer dress... in a romantic way :D now the dress look really like a rose (is incredible xD) and her hair is a NIGHTMARE to do. Really a nightmare. Probably i will never change the hairstyle (i just dont know how to do this)

I just saw the rest of your pictures, Rose! I LOVE what you did! I know that a lot of people would probably be horrified that you literally cut the dress up and redesigned the gown with the fabric material, but the end result is very beautiful and unique! Her dress looks like a lovely pink rose! I wonder if this will start a new trend in re-vamping Disney dolls...

Oh i really don't care if someone is scared for the cut of dress... i have my lucky chance to have 2 Rapunzels.. one dress is still new and wonderful.

These are the photos of her :) I post not for "take success" but just for share this one with you.

Last edited:
I want to share my story with designer dolls. The first problem - I live in Russia and just do not sell them. The second problem - Disneystore does not serve Russia. and the third problem, I just missed the moment of the dolls. therefore, bought through Ebay. I won the Ariel for $ 250 and $ 70 for Rapunzel. :) my mom bought me a mug and a notebook in the store and she said that it looks like hell. Unfortunately, I was never able to get a mug of Rapunzel :(

Last edited:
I really love the Disney Princess Designer dolls overall, I think they are the coolest DS Dolls ever! In my case I only collect merchandise from my 4 Favorite Disney Princess: Mulan, Rapunzel, Ariel and Aurora. I managed to get Rapunzel at the Disney Store, then I had to buy both Mulan & Aurora for $90 each. My holy grail was Ariel, but I just got her a week ago at Ebay for $300. Although expensive, with the new Villain Designers, the euphoria will rise, and the prices for the last 10 might rise again, and if that happens I won't be able to get her later on. I thought about making this list so you can know the actual price range on each doll more or less:

Ariel: $300-600
Aurora: $190-250
Pocahontas: $150-170
Belle: $140-180
Rapunzel: $120-140
Tiana: $ 110-150
Snow White: $100-130
Cinderella: $95-150
Mulan: $90-100
Jasmine: $90-100
D23 Cindy: $1000-1200

Ariel's price is the most inconsistent, while you can catch her on an auction for $250-300, buy it now prices are between $400 to 600. I can't guarantee it, but as a suggestion, if you're still planning on getting any of them, try get them before the pre order dates for the Villains, as prices might rise and stay still from the release date til Christmas is over. Good luck everybody!

Sometime you can get very lucky though! I did! A very nice seller had her up for a Buy It Now Price of $160 and $9.95 for shipping!!!!! I jumped right on that because i had desperately been searching for her since last year and when i found that i was sooo happy!!!! She is now on my shelf looking gorgeous!!! So if you keep checking for the ones you really want and check ebay a lot you could get very lucky!!!!!

I'm amazed at how these dolls have held up in prices. I was surprised to see that Ariel is actually more expensive than Rapunzel. I wish now I hadn't traded my Ariel doll, but at least I got the 17" Alice and Queen of Hearts for it. I still have a Belle doll that I would like to trade for a Rapunzel. I only want Rapunzel since I plan to pre-order all the villains. I have both Cinderella dolls, Aurora and Snow White. Since there was no princess to go with Cruella I'm leaving her single. The Ariel is going to be the hardest one to get. I don't want to pay an arm and leg but might have to do it if the Villains look as good as the pictures.

That is awesome!
Here is the info from the website:

6. Disney Store Launches Limited Edition Princess Dolls: Disney.com crashed repeatedly due to high visitor volumes when it launched its limited edition of its princess dolls collection in October. Even the world's most amazing merchandiser can get caught off guard with a potential hit on their hands. Simple proactive testing for enormous peak loads for an expected "big seller" and this situation would be easily avoided.

Bet Disney isn't happy to see their brand listed in such a list. Maybe they will do better at the Villain release and we will avoid dollmagedon - AGAIN.

Rose_Valentine said:
Ian... her hair is a NIGHTMARE to do. Really a nightmare. Probably i will never change the hairstyle (i just dont know how to do this)

Looks like it was well worth the effort-- her hair is AMAZING!

I'm amazed at how these dolls have held up in prices. I was surprised to see that Ariel is actually more expensive than Rapunzel. I wish now I hadn't traded my Ariel doll, but at least I got the 17" Alice and Queen of Hearts for it. I still have a Belle doll that I would like to trade for a Rapunzel. I only want Rapunzel since I plan to pre-order all the villains. I have both Cinderella dolls, Aurora and Snow White. Since there was no princess to go with Cruella I'm leaving her single. The Ariel is going to be the hardest one to get. I don't want to pay an arm and leg but might have to do it if the Villains look as good as the pictures.

Well, for better or for worse, the whole mess that we call dollmageddon is probably what is keeping prices up for the dolls. They are lovely, despite not having the same "oomph" as the 17" LE dolls. Certainly, I agree with alex555 that the Designer Villains may make the Designer Princess doll prices spike again, particularly the ones who can be paired with a villain. Prince increases on the secondary market happen with the 17" LE dolls every time there is a new release. Where once one could get 17" LE Tiana and Belle for around $150, now auctions are ending at more like $200+. And 17" LE Alice's price is rapidly inching toward 17" LE Snow White range. I'm glad I got mine back when she was half that. The Designer Villain dolls, however, probably won't be too profitable for resellers largely due to the 13,000 LE size.

Last edited:
I swore I wasn't going to get anymore Designer Princess Dolls after getting my favorite 4 (Mulan, Ariel, Rapunzel and Aurora), but I really grew fond with both Belle and Pocahontas. I found a good deal of the 2 dolls in a single auction, so I decided to try my luck, and I won :D ! Now I'm officially done, as I really never liked the Jasmine doll, and I'm not a fan of Snow White, Cinderella and Tiana. Anyway, after browsing through Ebay, I discovered the prices on the dolls have slightly rose after I made my price chart 3 months ago. Here are the updated prices. (The first price range is the one of 3 months ago, the next one is the updated one) :

Ariel: $300 / $400-500
Aurora: $190-250 / $300
Pocahontas: $150-170 / $300
Belle: $140-180 / $200
Rapunzel: $120-140 / $200
Tiana: $110-150 / $200
Snow White: $100-130 / $180-200
Cinderella: $95-150 / $180-200
Mulan: $90-100 / $120-150
Jasmine: $90-100 / $150
D23 Cindy: $1000-1200/ Remains the same

It looks like my predictions came true, after the Designers Villains dolls, the Euphoria has returned once more, and the popularity for the Princess is back. The resellers are getting really high incomes on this ones :S .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back