• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
they could do something similar like they did with the Disney DVD Treasure collection. The 1st release was LE 125,000 in tins and they were going for crazy amounts on the bay even with that high of an edition # but then the following year they released an open edition of the exact same DVDs just in different packaging

If they hadn't have had the numbered COA's they could have easily manufactured more and nobody would have known the difference, personally I like having them numbered and wish they would do that on pins like they do at DLRP

So..the last hope is the limit of 1 for each guest-user-family-IP address.

Limiting by IP address is probably not going to happen, there could be too many negative side effects (such as potentially not allowing people who don't have public IP's from their ISP to order, people at a university, etc.). If you have dynamic IP's from your ISP, there is a possibility to game the system by releasing and renewing your IP from your ISP. If they are trying to be fair (and from what I have read thus far, this problem has existed for pin traders for years), they would implement restrictions (such as 1 doll per disney store account & billing address) and have a manual check before shipment. All of this takes time to implement both process-wise as well as computer systems. The easiest thing to do might just be to allot more dolls online as opposed to stores and reduce the limit to 1 per order.

Limiting by IP address is probably not going to happen, there could be too many negative side effects (such as potentially not allowing people who don't have public IP's from their ISP to order, people at a university, etc.). If you have dynamic IP's from your ISP, there is a possibility to game the system by releasing and renewing your IP from your ISP. If they are trying to be fair (and from what I have read thus far, this problem has existed for pin traders for years), they would implement restrictions (such as 1 doll per disney store account & billing address) and have a manual check before shipment. All of this takes time to implement both process-wise as well as computer systems. The easiest thing to do might just be to allot more dolls online as opposed to stores and reduce the limit to 1 per order.

Yeah, but not only by limiting the IP addresses, credit cards, email addresses, billing and shipping address this could definitely help! Therefore eliminating the problem of creating new ip addresses and people at a university well that solves at least on problem, families can order it for them maybe.

I think one helpful thing they could do is make the dolls non-returnable (except in the case of damage). I suspect that some dolls will be returned at the return deadline when people can't get as much as they thought from them. The idea that they may be "stuck" with something may get a few of the resellers out of the game, or limit the amount they attempt to buy. Especially, people buying online where there will be a delay in receiving the doll and they would miss the peak selling opportunity. And for those of you planning on keeping your dolls, it would absolutely have no effect.

Last edited:
I think one helpful thing they could do is make the dolls non-returnable (except in the case of damage). I suspect that some dolls will be returned at the return deadline when people can't get as much as they thought from them. The idea that they may be "stuck" with something may get a few of the resellers out of the game, or limit the amount they attempt to buy. And for those of you planning on keeping your dolls, it would absolutely have no effect.

Do you mean exchangeable as well because if you can return a damaged item, what's to stop someone from damaging it themselves.

I think 1 per order is a good idea but that's just going to overload the system even more with twice as many orders coming in, assuming that most people probably ordered 2 before and it crashed

I just called my local Disney store and was told there would not be a release next week due to controversy. Does anyone know what she's talking about? She didn't know more than that.

I think IP is irrelevant and will only punish people who don't know what is going on. For instance, I have a block of 5 static IP addresses at my house; if I wanted to I could hook up a computer to each and get around an IP block. I agree, if they were to limit using a combined identifier of credit cards, email, address, account, etc it would be the quickest and fairest way to attack this problem. However, as many have said, they see this problem during pin launches as well which is why I don't think anything drastic will be implemented other than what they can do with little or no effort.

I suggested that very idea to my manager. She said as CMs we do not have permission to do that because it violates the guest's privacy. We can only check their IDs to verify their identity for credit card authorizations. However, we have caught many people who try to pay with a credit card, and when asked for an ID, we find out it's not their card, we have not sold any dolls to them!

That's why the company sent us those reserve tickets in case the crowds get out of hand. Yeah, cus that really worked well. However, I did suggest that since there have been so many groups in line that we should be strict in monitoring the lines. Like enforcing holding your place in line and cutting leads to immediate placement in back of the line so that the guests are very aware of their actions. Also, I've asked for more security to monitor the lines.

There are way too many people cutting in line and saving spots for people! I was also thinking that stores should ban groups haha and/or if groups of people do come, count them as ONE GUEST or enforce that households or groups can not line up together!

I really wish I had more say and control, but my power is very limited. :( We can only stand-by and wait for the company to give us further instructions on how we can handle this mess.

I agree ! I think Disney should sell 1 doll per person, possibly make it 1 doll per family with required ID . So the Evil Bayers don't bring their spouse, their cousin, their cousins cousin . You get the idea . :lol:

I think one helpful thing they could do is make the dolls non-returnable (except in the case of damage). I suspect that some dolls will be returned at the return deadline when people can't get as much as they thought from them. The idea that they may be "stuck" with something may get a few of the resellers out of the game, or limit the amount they attempt to buy. And for those of you planning on keeping your dolls, it would absolutely have no effect.

I agree with your idea, hopemax! But.. I've been calling my local Disney Store to see if anyone has changed their mind about the dolls and made a return, but nothing so far!

I hope ...hope.... hope....

Buon Giorno, Rose! Yes, we must keep hope that things will turn out somehow. This has been a very stressful experience, and like so many people here, all I wanted was one complete set of the dolls. Sadly, I could not afford to take off work to attend the D23 Expo, where I would have just paid of the entire set there. I would not have minded waiting until the end of October to receive the dolls all together... Kudos to those who were able to do that! At least you are free from this mess. :)

The doll releases have been delayed due to the Snow White doll disaster. The company is currently discussing how they can handle this better and how they can ensure that all guests have the fair opportunity to purchase them.

They are very aware of the evil bay sharks. They said by Friday, they should have a decision on what new things will be in effect.

I just called my local Disney store and was told there would not be a release next week due to controversy. Does anyone know what she's talking about? She didn't know more than that.

Buon Giorno, Rose! Yes, we must keep hope that things will turn out somehow. This has been a very stressful experience, and like so many people here, all I wanted was one complete set of the dolls. Sadly, I could not afford to take off work to attend the D23 Expo, where I would have just paid of the entire set there. I would not have minded waiting until the end of October to receive the dolls all together... Kudos to those who were able to do that! At least you are free from this mess. :)

I was actually in Anaheim during the D23 weekend but had no idea the expo was going on until we were at the parks.. and by then it was too late to try to get any tickets to attend the event! I didn't know these dolls existed until I walked into the DS the week Belle was released, but if I would have known this collection was unveiled @ D23 I would have placed my pre-order to avoid all the crazyness that's happening now with these dolls!

We are all forgetting that one of the reasons for this series was to generate interest (and news coverage) for the induction of Rapunzel into the main Princess family - the original flyer for the Designer Princess even had information on the contest where the winners got to go to London / Kensington Palace to see the induction in person.

Extremely good point!

And if they stop the collection????? :( NOOOOOOOO i want rapunzel i want her!!! :( :(
What they will do? More LE (in fact...for now we dont know the REAL LE number of the others.. who knows!)???? 1 doll for 1 guest????? Stop the colleciton????
Ok im going crazy now. 5 weeks of troubles and stress and wishing :( I just want that Doll. Sigh.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back