• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
I've never seen Mulan, so I had no idea she wasn't actually a princess. So why than make her over Giselle? Or hell Nancy, the real princess of the story? I know that Enchanted is not a fully animated film, but I would have liked a Giselle doll.

As far as people thinking Pocahontas is not a princess, well that's only proof of their limited knowledge of history and culture. Not all societies/cultures have what Western cultures consider a king and queen, however they do have leaders, much like our own president, who are considered to be rulers, therefore making them like kings/queens of Western cultures. And in the Native American and South American cultures, a chief is like a king, making their daughters princesses.

I'm coming in a bit late, so I am curious as to if anyone has questioned the possibility of Disney adding GISELLE to the princess line of designer dolls. I know that she never "technically" became a princess in Enchanted, but she was referred to as one throughout the entire film. Also, IMO, she was an especially beautiful "princess" in her animated form!

Boo Hoo. My SW was cancelled on line! Yuck!

I'm coming in a bit late, so I am curious as to if anyone has questioned the possibility of Disney adding GISELLE to the princess line of designer dolls. I know that she never "technically" became a princess in Enchanted, but she was referred to as one throughout the entire film. Also, IMO, she was an especially beautiful "princess" in her animated form!

Boo Hoo. My SW was cancelled on line! Yuck!

Ugh, sorry about the cancellation! These are so randomly trickling in. It's kind of scary.

As for Giselle, the word is that the actress Amy Adams, who played Giselle, has a contract that if Disney makes mercahndise with her likeness, Disney has to pay her royalties for it. Needless to say, Disney is not too keen on that, so Giselle is essentially cast into the vault of forgotten leading ladies. Of course, there was that Giselle Disney Girls Mystery Reveal/Conceal pin...

I'm coming in a bit late, so I am curious as to if anyone has questioned the possibility of Disney adding GISELLE to the princess line of designer dolls.

Please don't give Disney ideas!

Actually Giselle would make a beautiful doll (the most beautiful but I'm biased because she's my absolute favorite!). And I've always been confused as to why Disney doesn't classify her as a princess. She's more of a stereotypical "princess" than Mulan. But I really wouldn't want to go through the same stress over Giselle because I'd feel the same about her that everyone else feels about Rapunzel. So please no Giselle doll!

Love Meg! Want to see that maybe not "designer" but with added jewels and if they did a leading lady's set I hope they would have that designer feel to them. Also Jane and esmerelda and the ones listed above.

Please don't give Disney ideas!

Actually Giselle would make a beautiful doll (the most beautiful but I'm biased because she's my absolute favorite!). And I've always been confused as to why Disney doesn't classify her as a princess. She's more of a stereotypical "princess" than Mulan. But I really wouldn't want to go through the same stress over Giselle because I'd feel the same about her that everyone else feels about Rapunzel. So please no Giselle doll!

I seriously doubt that they would go there, because this line was made for the 10 official princesses (well, 10 come October 2nd). Giselle will never make it into the set, due to the Amy Adams contract issue. Can you imagine them coronating her in real life? That would be too weird! Plus I don't think the British Royal family would go for that...

Love Meg! Want to see that maybe not "designer" but with added jewels and if they did a leading lady's set I hope they would have that designer feel to them. Also Jane and esmerelda and the ones listed above.

Agreed! Megara is my favorite non-princess female character. Strong-willed & sassy, she's great! I bought the Megara play doll way back in 1997, and she's still in great condition (no tangled up ratty hair or torn clothes). I took her out of the box back then, and I kind of want to make more outfits for her. I have the Esmerelda doll somewhere, too. She's also gorgeous!

I know which Meg doll your talking about! I don't have one but she is very pretty and your lucky to own her seeing that she's pretty rare now too!

I know! :p I love that doll so much! I think my next post on the Disney Doll Appreciation thread I started will be for Megara...

Cool I like reading that tread I would look to see you post Megara on there. Btw I think that it's very neat that you make your own clothes for your dolls! Please post some pictures of that to, I would love to see them!

see I never understood why Kida wasn't included, she was a princess turned queen?!?!?!
I understand Giselle and the whole Amy Adams thing
But I love Meg I mean her hubbie was half a god... lol

For all of those who are finding preview pictures and other types of links, please do not divulge any information as to where and how you are finding them here in this public forum. We do not want unsavory lurkers learning new ways to get to these dolls.Thanks everyone! :salute:
I agree completely with your warning, and will follow not explain how I found the links I have posted.

see I never understood why Kida wasn't included, she was a princess turned queen?!?!?!

Sadly, I think it all comes down to marketing. Disney tries to anticipate what would sell the best. In terms of princesses: Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora are the Classic 3, so of course they are always included as much as possible in Princess merchandise. The next wave of princesses: Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine are also immensely popular, and their films are considered to be the Disney studios revival. Mulan and Pochontas are the "ethnic" in-betweeners, and I still think Disney added them to the princess line primarily to say: "Hey! We're being inclusive!" (despite Pocahontas actually having a proper right to be called a princess). Tiana is, of course, a princess in her own right due to marrying Prince Naveen, but I think it's kind of obvious that her design was also meant to be more "inclusive." Rapunzel is a no-brainer, because her story also has very firm grounding in the fairy-tale traditions. All the other leading ladies, whether they are actually royalty or not, totally take a back seat, because Disney does not think they will bring in money... It's very sad for their fans, but a very unfortunate reality. :(

Since Atlantis isn't a popular movie and in my opinion not all that good I wouldn't think that she should be apart of the top ten princess designer collection. Seeing that Disney didn't think that these dolls would be this popular they would think 4 thousand of kida would never sell out. If there was a fancy leading lady's set I think she could be included

Wow I was number 1000! yipeee :hsd:

How do you find out what number you are? Also for those of you who got the dreaded "sorry" email and had your order canceled can you post your time stamp? It would be helpful to know at what time the orders started going over the allotted amount.

I am one of those that paid an ebay shark far to much money for a princess but it was Ariel and i just had to :( any others i probably wouldnt have like i still need Mulan but ive been pleading with anyone that has a second to please sell to me but the people on fb want about 200 for theres sigh lol I think we should all get two of each doll and sell the spare for the same price we buy them for to us on here what do you think??

Waiting

How long does everyone think they are going to delay the rest of the dolls?
Thinking about getting the rest of the dolls is giving e such anxiety and adgida.
I hope they don't change them coming out on Mondays

Oh oops haha! I'm also surprise at the amount of post on this thread! I saw it the first day it was up and it's funny to see how popular it has gotten!

Sadly, I think it all comes down to marketing. Disney tries to anticipate what would sell the best. In terms of princesses: Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora are the Classic 3, so of course they are always included as much as possible in Princess merchandise. The next wave of princesses: Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine are also immensely popular, and their films are considered to be the Disney studios revival. Mulan and Pochontas are the "ethnic" in-betweeners, and I still think Disney added them to the princess line primarily to say: "Hey! We're being inclusive!" (despite Pocahontas actually having a proper right to be called a princess). Tiana is, of course, a princess in her own right due to marrying Prince Naveen, but I think it's kind of obvious that her design was also meant to be more "inclusive." Rapunzel is a no-brainer, because her story also has very firm grounding in the fairy-tale traditions. All the other leading ladies, whether they are actually royalty or not, totally take a back seat, because Disney does not think they will bring in money... It's very sad for their fans, but a very unfortunate reality. :(

True, I've thought of that way, but I just thought she was very different looking, but beautiful. I mean Ariel is my all time favorite, but just have to give props to the other princesses.

Thinking about getting the rest of the dolls is giving me such anxiety and adgida.

Probably a week - if there is going to be a change in the rules for the dolls at the stores, the memos (email) have to be sent and cast members trained / informed of the changes. Maybe notices posted on the front windows of the stores too. The online store shouldn't be a problem since they already have the logic for order limits.

I am saying my prayers every night for all of us who really want these dolls! I have not gotten any of these dolls yet,darn ebay people!

Like a lot of you, I am waiting for Rapunzel and Jasmine! But my number one must have is Rapunzel! And I know that I will cry like a baby if I am not able to get her!
I have to order online too, as we don't have a Disney Store here.

Thinking about getting the rest of the dolls is giving e such anxiety and adgida.

I talked to a CM at ds.com today as I was worried about my Rapunzel pin. I also asked her about the dolls and the infamous on-line ordering glitch.

It is true that there is a 2 doll limit, but she told me this: A person can put 2 dolls in their cart, check out AND THEN rinse & repeat. So until now, for their on-line system 2 doll limit was not per household or per person, it was per order !! That is the main glitch they are trying to resolve it seems. She told me that the upcoming release will be delayed at least by one week while they are looking into this.

I also asked her if they have any intention to cancel double orders for SW and she said that it was not possible to do so :(
Best of luck to those who ordered. My daughter wants a Jas and Rapunzel. Help me God :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back