• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
Congratz on eveyrones shipping notices:)

Please wish me luck on getting mine soon too:(

I really hope they do figure something out that does work, because if rumors are true and Tiana(my favorite) is LE 4000 it is going to be such a stressful night. I know that changing the limit to one per person will definitely slow down the rate at which the dolls sell out, i just fear that the site will crash again and orders wont go through. Also does anyone else have problems ordering on Internet Explorer, ive tried before but when i click to confirm purchase the site doesnt do anything so i have to use firefox

The older versions of Internet Explorer do not play well with the disney store website. FireFox 5 seems to be a little more responsive that Internet Explorer 8

I heard online that in 2009 Disney released limited edition Snow White, Rapunzel, and Tiana dolls... Has anyone heard of these dolls? Was there the same level of craziness for those dolls back then too??

just to add to what others have posted, Snow White and Tiana were showcased at the D23 Expo in 2009 but there wasn't the fanfare/advertising like there was for the Designer Dolls. However being a Disney doll collector they caught my eye. They weren't selling them there but they were giving you Disney store phone numbers of who still had some in stock to pre-order. I ordered mine that day from a store in Texas. When others have been released Disney has sent me an advanced email notice. Also the store in Texas still calls me and lets me know of new releases. Snow White and Tiana came with the DVD for $99.50 but then starting with Belle they stopped selling them with the DVD and the price still remained at $99.50. Also with Snow White you got $10 off your next purchase at Disney. The COA's are also individually numbered. I posted pictures of all the dolls earlier in this thread and here's the advertisement for the Snow White doll:

gmail-pre-order-exclusive-limited-edition-snow-white-doll-in-a-special-gift-set-deals4momsgmailcom.jpg

Last edited:
I will be kicking myself forever for walking out of the Disney Store the day that they tried to sell me that Snow White doll! I talked to them about it for a while and debated it for quite some time. It was the only one they had. I loved it but just could not imagine putting $100 into it. AHHH! If only I could go back!

Just wanted to give some hope to those of you waiting for your shipping confirmation. I just received my confirmation for Snow White and my order went through at 12:50 am. I was definitely a later order after the site crashed. Here's hoping she arrives safely. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations on the shipment. My order went through at 12:57 but got canceled. It was an exhausting Monday, but my husband was able to find a SW through trading Mulan! Am happy!

New to site, but have been reading posts since the fiasco of Monday. It's nice to find some place with some of the same thoughts on these dolls as myself. I got lucky and my SW shipped today too. My order was placed at 12:47. Here's sending pixie dust to everyone else still waiting.

just to add to what others have posted, Snow White and Tiana were showcased at the D23 Expo in 2009 but there wasn't the fanfare/advertising like there was for the Designer Dolls. However being a Disney doll collector they caught my eye. They weren't selling them there but they were giving you Disney store phone numbers of who still had some in stock to pre-order. I ordered mine that day from a store in Texas. When others have been released Disney has sent me an advanced email notice. Also the store in Texas still calls me and lets me know of new releases. Snow White and Tiana came with the DVD for $99.50 but then starting with Belle they stopped selling them with the DVD and the price still remained at $99.50. Also with Snow White you got $10 off your next purchase at Disney. The COA's are also individually numbered. I posted pictures of all the dolls earlier in this thread and here's the advertisement for the Snow White doll:

gmail-pre-order-exclusive-limited-edition-snow-white-doll-in-a-special-gift-set-deals4momsgmailcom.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the additional information. I wish I had known about this doll. It is far more beautiful than the designer version - the face mold, intricate dress, styling, accessories. One can only hope to dream. Thanks again. :)

did anybody happen to get a extra of the snow white compact mirror, :( it was sold out by the time I saw it online somebody please pm me.

on a happy note I did get my shipping for the doll!

and the same thing for the snow white 17 inch.. I've been in love with it for over a year and all I want to do is get it... but its way to much money now... I wish I had got it a long time ago oh well at least that wont happen this time around

Yeah, I passed on the Snow White Limited Edition doll. I was like "I don't need this, I don't even collect dolls." And then when the store sold out, Tiana came next, then Belle. I passed on those, and finally I got Rapunzel & Gothel, I was like "crap..now I want them all" lol

I missed out on Alice & the Queen. Alice was gorgeous! Can't believe it was limited edition of 500!

Snow White was the cheapest. She was 79.50 by herself, but if you did the pre-order for the doll and movie, it was 100 plus you get the coupon. That was a better deal. Now they just exclude the doll and dvd together.

It sucks even more knowing, I was working and pre-selling them to people in the store. I feel like a complete idiot. I will not pay those ebay prices for the dolls NO WAY. The only thing I can do is start collecting those dolls now and hope they do a re-release =)

And the craze for them wasn't that bad. When Snow White finally sold out the first month that's when the frenzy started, but it wasn't bad like these dolls. Also, our stores were always updated with which stores still had them in stock so it was easy for guests to find them.

I think the reason why these designer dolls are wreaking havoc is that when they're released, you can take it home with you. The other dolls, you actually had to pre-order. Which makes it a little harder for evil bay sharks to make a quick buck.

I will be kicking myself forever for walking out of the Disney Store the day that they tried to sell me that Snow White doll! I talked to them about it for a while and debated it for quite some time. It was the only one they had. I loved it but just could not imagine putting $100 into it. AHHH! If only I could go back!

Last edited:
Ok, ok! I stopped being a lurker and registered to join in. Quick intro: I'm a HUGE fan.. been to all 6 US Disney Parks in the past 4 months but have visited them all my life since 2 years old.. so not all us lurkers are evil people. I LOVE dolls; they are not a new thing for me. I collected Barbies from age 6-13, now as an adult I like to customize them and buy import dolls like Pullip. I have some Disney pins because every time I'm at the park I just can't resist my favorite characters. Please forgive my quick intro ^^

someone on facebook posted that the Disney Stores got a memo telling them to ship all dolls back to the warehouse - anybody else hear that or any CM's here that can confirm

I'd like to confirm this is true. How do I know? Because this happened to me on Mulan. I waited in front of the Disney Store 2 hours every day of the week after I was the *next* person in line to get her (and didn't, obviously.. because I was waiting at their door every morning). Finally my efforts seemed to pay off. I was to finally get my Mulan. The Assistant Manager said that she had 2 (1 for me, 1 for my bf.. we open one and collect one usually or can give the other as a gift) and would sell them to us as soon as a shark left the store. We had to wait at least 15 min for the shark to leave. Within that time I was happily shopping and grabbing my 2nd of some of the plushies I already have since they were on sale. Get up to the register.. and "Sorry, the Mulans I was going to sell to you have to be shipped back by orders of Home Office." ..... So if anyone else thought you were so close to getting a doll and couldn't.. I couldn't get any closer. REALLY. Had the shark not been there I would have been able to buy them and leave. It was terribly unfair. They took my name and phone number and said they'd talk to the district manager since she promised them to us.. but by now I know you can't trust a Disney CM as far as you can throw them.. so I had a good cry in honor of all the mornings I woke up early for nothing.. when my doll would come they'd take it away from me. And I DID try the release date, man did I try.. I was in the hospital the night before and still had tape on my arm from the IV and ran from the parking lot to the store, dizzy as heck, only to be the first person in line to not get a doll.

As for online orders on Snow White; I seem to have caught the cut off again. My boyfriend's order went through at 12:48:22AM PDT. That shipped today just a few hours ago. I was holding my breath on that one. LUCKY ME (haha), my order at 12:55:07 AM PDT got closed/not shipped Monday morning with ZERO notification. (Thanks Disney.. but at least I know to lower my expectations to NOTHING by now) I feel like a dork now for double checking addresses and credit card numbers.. who cares if I don't even get it, right haha

So the online order cutoff seems to have been between 12:48 and 12:55. Hope that helps.

My Belle online took FOREVER to ship. I think they robbed some out of the stores by doing the same thing, recalling stock from the stores to fill online orders. So if your order hasn't been closed, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

I had no idea this would get so crazy. I walked in the Friday after Ariel was released and she was just sitting on the shelf available. I told myself I'd go back and get her when I had cashed my check.. but my mistake was waiting till Monday when the crazy collectors came to sweep up the next doll and took her with it. I wanted to kick myself in the face so bad. Now I see to buy her on Ebay is $300+.. I wanted to kick myself in the face even harder. I had to order to a friend in the UK and she is still swimming her way across the Atlantic. It's so sad but with all these dolls now I won't believe I have any of them until it's at HOME in my hands.

My Status:
*Cinderella - bought in store
*Ariel - UK
*Belle - Online
Mulan - I WAS ROBBED!!!!!! (not literally, but may as well have been)
*Snow White - Online

The rest.. good luck and god help us all. I will probably die an early death from the odd sleeping hours, hours of waiting, and stress.

P.S. I have one extra Belle and Snow White, courtesy of my boyfriend, he's willing to give to me so I can trade for a Mulan. Where do I post about that? Please don't lynch me for posting in the wrong place Mr and Mrs Forum Mods, I'm a delicate person *^_^* Please be gentle when you kick my butt out of this thread.

Last edited:
P.S. I have one extra Belle and Snow White, courtesy of my boyfriend, he's willing to give to me so I can trade for a Mulan. Where do I post about that? Please don't lynch me for posting in the wrong place Mr and Mrs Forum Mods, I'm a delicate person *^_^* Please be gentle when you kick my butt out of this thread.

Welcome to the forums! :) So sorry to hear about your experience! :( I'm not a mod, but maybe I can still direct you to the right place ;)

http://disneypinforum.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Other-For-Sale-Trade-Wanted

Hope you find your Mulan soon!

Unless someone got a Snow White after 12:50, I would say that the cut off time was 12:50. I see from a previous post that lostinwonderland got a confirmation from a 12:50 order. I also ordered at 12:50 and I got the dreaded "Sorry" email.

I love that doll! I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. It took me a while to save money up and I'm glad I got the chance to get her! I also got the belle and tiana doll.

Oh gosh. On Disney Store UK Cinderella and Belle as gone away! So.. now there is NO princesses to buy :(
I hope the next monday will be limit of 1,because if they don't change this.. the history is like the monday before every week: all want the dolls (who for love and -many people - for re-sell them),all order dolls,site crush up,many dont have the dolls. :( Hoping in a pink future!

I caved and bought Snow White on evilbay. Sigh. I just couldn't stand not having her. And i realized I bought Mulan for my sister for Christmas, so I don't really have her either. Oh well I guess, at least someone in my family has her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back