• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this: The "wrong" Mulan (Aurora) is on ebay.. :rant:.. For 800 Dollars!!!! People is C-R-A-Z-Y!!!! :eek2: :(

VERY crazy. VERY.

I did see that! $800? Really?!? I wish the Disney Store had messed up my Mulan order and gave me Aurora instead! :p I love my Mulan, but Aurora is my #3 princess, and that would have taken the stress off of trying to get her later. At least that seller took a picture of the CoA, so if anyone is crazy enough to buy it, you know it's not one of the ripped off store display dolls that have been reported to be stolen.

Did anyone see the other auction where a seller is trying to bank on that one person's "bonus" Aurora, but listing their Mulan doll as: "Disney Princess Designer Fashion Doll Mulan AURORA RARE store exclusive"? The doll they put pictures of is a regular Mulan doll with a regular Mulan slip cover with a regular Mulan CoA, and they are trying to sell it for starting auction: $349.99, BIN: $799.99 + $18.99 shipping. LOL What nerve!

I am new to this forum. I found this forum trying to look for the release dates of the princess designer collection. I have looked ta this page a few times over the last week and finally decided to join. I love anything Disney.

I did see that! $800? Really?!? I wish the Disney Store had messed up my Mulan order and gave me Aurora instead! :p I love my Mulan, but Aurora is my #3 princess, and that would have taken the stress off of trying to get her later. At least that seller took a picture of the CoA, so if anyone is crazy enough to buy it, you know it's not one of the ripped off store display dolls that have been reported to be stolen.

Did anyone see the other auction where a seller is trying to bank on that one person's "bonus" Aurora, but listing their Mulan doll as: "Disney Princess Designer Fashion Doll Mulan AURORA RARE store exclusive"? The doll they put pictures of is a regular Mulan doll with a regular Mulan slip cover with a regular Mulan CoA, and they are trying to sell it for starting auction: $349.99, BIN: $799.99 + $18.99 shipping. LOL What nerve!

Oh gosh. I will kill him/her if i met!!!! Come on!!!! F...***:....... off!
:rant:

I saw that too, but the nameplate actually says "Aurora"- so they put the Mulan doll in the wrong case. I just don't understand how mistakes like shipping the wrong doll, that looks nothing like the one they were supposed to ship, happen. I am seriously wondering how many this happened to! That also means they WAY oversold Mulan...

I saw that too, but the nameplate actually says "Aurora"- so they put the Mulan doll in the wrong case. I just don't understand how mistakes like shipping the wrong doll, that looks nothing like the one they were supposed to ship, happen. I am seriously wondering how many this happened to! That also means they WAY oversold Mulan...

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Originally, I didn't bother to expand the pics to see that detail. Well, since it's an "error" doll, collectors into that kind of thing would actually consider buying that. Personally I wouldn't, because Mulan is absolutely not Aurora, and that would bug me to look at that every day.

As for the errors in packing, that is a factory issue, and the factory workers don't necessarily know who each princess is or what her name is. That error is essentially a quality control error that slipped through the cracks.

And for the Aurora that was accidentally shipped in lieu of a Mulan, the dolls are in the brown cardboard shipper boxes, so in distribution, they can't see the doll within as they ship out orders. Again, the problem lies in a factory error when they prepared the dolls to go from factory to warehouse.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Originally, I didn't bother to expand the pics to see that detail. Well, since it's an "error" doll, collectors into that kind of thing would actually consider buying that. Personally I wouldn't, because Mulan is absolutely not Aurora, and that would bug me to look at that every day.

As for the errors in packing, that is a factory issue, and the factory workers don't necessarily know who each princess is or what her name is. That error is essentially a quality control error that slipped through the cracks.

And for the Aurora that was accidentally shipped in lieu of a Mulan, the dolls are in the brown cardboard shipper boxes, so in distribution, they can't see the doll within as they ship out orders. Again, the problem lies in a factory error when they prepared the dolls to go from factory to warehouse.

I Sooooooooooooooo wish I got Aurora instead of Mulan...I haven't opened my Mulan yet.......she looks way too delicate.....it'd scare me to break her tiny-ness :x

someone posted here yesterday that they were the ones who received the Aurora by mistake instead of Mulan not sure if it's them selling or if there were others that it happened to as well

Gross! So can you imagine when the time comes and we all order Aurora, somone is going to get a Mulan instead! That would really bite the big one, considering that the Disney Store is terrible at making good from the errors that were their fault.

Last edited:
Still no shipping notice:( i have a feeling that im not getting Snow white:( And i heard they are going to stop selling the dolls on Disney Store UK :( is that true? does anyone know please?

Still no shipping notice:( i have a feeling that im not getting Snow white:( And i heard they are going to stop selling the dolls on Disney Store UK :( is that true? does anyone know please?

But your order still shows as "Active," right? I know that some people's previous dolls sometimes shipped out as late as the Friday of that week after making a Monday order, so don't lose hope. If the Disney Store closes your order and the item is not listed as shipped, that is the bad sign. Rose_Valentine has reported that all of the dolls released so far are no longer available on the UK site... However, the UK site seems to go back and forth with having available stock.

I had some errands to do at my mall today so I stopped by TDS to see if by happen-chance mugs were restocked.

Not only were they not restocked, there is NO designer princess stuff. Anywhere. No notecards, sticky notes, journals, no display dolls, nothing. It's like they don't exist at all anymore. Very, very weird. The manager that I'm friendly with and the asst manager weren't working, and I didn't recognize the two girls that were there, so I didn't stop to chit chat about it.

I guess it's just a sign that either they're trying to stop the in store frenzy PERIOD, or the stuff is totally being shop lifted. What a shame. I have liked going in there once a week just to study the dolls and chit chat about them with other customers, etc.

Oh thankgodness lol i was thinking it meant they were no longer selling them on the uk site period Thanks so muhc Shiva for clearing that up for me:"D
As for snow white yes its still going though i guess but im still pretty worried guess i wont be completely ok until i get the shipping notice lol

Gross! So can you imagine when the time comes and we all order Aurora, somone is going to get a Mulan instead! That would really bite the big one, considering that the Disney Store is terrible at making good from the errors that were their fault.

Oh my I will be pissed if that happens to me! I don't even want to think about it. I was originally not even going to buy Aurora at all, since I really don't appreciate them hiding her beautiful long locks in that bun. She's my fave princess though, so I just have to have her.

Now I'm thinking I should order 2 (if I can) just to assure I get an actual Aurora O_O

Oh thankgodness lol i was thinking it meant they were no longer selling them on the uk site period Thanks so muhc Shiva for clearing that up for me:"D
As for snow white yes its still going though i guess but im still pretty worried guess i wont be completely ok until i get the shipping notice lol

I notice that every doll (Cinderella and Belle too) was sold out! :) I dont think they dont realize the dolls in UK... If you check "adult collector" the image of dinsey princess of week (Snow White) is here! The first 5 dolls are available on Uk site...so the other 5 will be available. :)

No worries! And I think we all can sympathize with your plight waiting for the blessed shipping confirmation. This week has been so nerve-wracking! Hang in there!

Oh my I will be pissed if that happens to me! I don't even want to think about it. I was originally not even going to buy Aurora at all, since I really don't appreciate them hiding her beautiful long locks in that bun. She's my fave princess though, so I just have to have her.

Now I'm thinking I should order 2 (if I can) just to assure I get an actual Aurora O_O

Hey lambie! I know! Isn't the updo they gave Aurora just a major crime? Aurora's hair was the loveliest ever, with its beautiful length and sylized curls! And they royally messed up her bangs on the Designer doll. But, like you, I have every intention on buying her out of loyalty to the character and a desire to complete my set. For all of you Aurora fans out there, I truly recommend the Aurora doll from Disney's Signature Collection that was made in the late 1990s. Her hair is perfect with that doll. (See my brief review on the Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion thread).

Last edited:
Hey lambie! I know! Isn't the updo they gave Aurora just a major crime? Aurora's hair was the loveliest ever, with its beautiful length and sylized curls! And they royally messed up her bangs on the Designer doll. But, like you, I have every intention on buying her out of loyalty to the character and a desire to complete my set. For all of you Aurora fans out there, I truly recommend the Aurora doll from Disney's Signature Collection that was made in the late 1990s. Her hair is perfect with that doll. (See my brief review on the Disny Dolls Appreciation Discussion thread).

Yes! Her long beautiful curls! :( The love you said is wonderful. :)
i will be think you and
Moondance are the best guest in this topic :) Really. :D

Now i really go to bed. I am so sleepy! (Here in Milan is 23:20 lol) :)

Last edited:

Yes! Her long beautiful curls! :( The love you said is wonderful. :)
i will be think you and
Moondance are the best guest in this topic :) Really. :D

Thanks, Rose! You and Robyn are such sweethearts! I just want everyone here who actually wants to keep the dolls for their own collections (or their loved ones' collections) to actually get the dolls that they want. It's so upsetting to hear when someone's hopes and dreams are shattered by the you-know-whos! I almost wish we set up some sort of co-op plan before this all began to ensure that we all get the dolls we want. I guess it's never too late for that...

Not only were they not restocked, there is NO designer princess stuff.

I as well ran over to my local DisneyStore & noticed that they didn't have the space they used to dedicated to the princess line, rather it was on an end-cap now. I was chatting with the manager and the reason they did this was she was instructed to put the dolls in the stockroom until further notice (not send them back as others have reported). She inferred it would be a pain if they called up tomorrow and tell her to restock the dolls.

I hadn't even thought of this!!!!! Leila(my daughter) would be SO upset! Aurora is her favorite princess, and one of the 2 dolls she is most looking forward to(the other, of course, being Rapunzel). We already have Mulan and don't need 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back