• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
someone posted this on the disney facebook is this true: (sorry - I'm hearing this was not the official announcement, still waiting on the real proof)

Disney Store
"We will now release for sale all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11. Disneystore.com will release all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined. We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest – both in-store and at Disneystore.com. Have A Magical Day!"

Last edited:
For anyone that is still curious - B&M stands for "Brick and Mortar" - pertaining to a store with an actual physical building location rather than online.

I highly doubt Disney will discontinue the rest of this collection. That would be extremely stupid on their part. Not only will they have to refund all the pre-orders from the D23 expo, but they will also have wasted all the money to make those thousands of dolls still to be released. Disney is still a business, and regardless of their "strive for costumer service", they are still there to make money. And to not release an item that they KNOW WILL SELL OUT, then that's extremely foolish of them. Plus, for those who are trying to collect the series will probably try to return the dolls as who only wants 5 dolls of a 10 doll collection? (Unless you only wanted specific ones, I'm talking about someone trying to collect them all). So I don't think we have to worry about a discontinuation of the series.

As for October 17th as the "final" release date for the remaining 5, I can see this being true. I know there is no official word yet from Disney, but at the D23 expo they did say that those who pre-ordered the whole series that it would be shipped on October 17th, so that way the orders will be received by October 24th, when the last princess was to be released. This was to avoid people from receiving unreleased dolls and trying to make bank off of them (sort of like the few with Aurora). But does Disney really think that ANY are going to be left over to be sold online the next day? The only way that'll happen is if they hold some back to be sold.

And if people thought Snow White's release last week was a nightmare, I think we all better prepare for the worst on the Monday that all 5 are released.... It's surely to be a preview of this years Black Friday.

That's my 2 cents worth.

As for October 17th as the "final" release date for the remaining 5, I can see this being true. I know there is no official word yet from Disney, but at the D23 expo they did say that those who pre-ordered the whole series that it would be shipped on October 17th, so that way the orders will be received by October 24th, when the last princess was to be released. This was to avoid people from receiving unreleased dolls and trying to make bank off of them (sort of like the few with Aurora). But does Disney really think that ANY are going to be left over to be sold online the next day? The only way that'll happen is if they hold some back to be sold.

I just can't see releasing all 5 dolls at once at stores, then maybe any leftovers online the next day as a workable solution. I imagined they would sell some at certain stores, and most on line the next day. I had a friend tell me how insane the doll community can be lol I thought waiting for Jessica pins was bad :D

And P.S. I love the art but can we Try to stay on topic - this thread is getting a little bogged down.

I just can't see releasing all 5 dolls at once at stores, then maybe any leftovers online the next day as a workable solution. I imagined they would sell some at certain stores, and most on line the next day. I had a friend tell me how insane the doll community can be lol I thought waiting for Jessica pins was bad :D

And P.S. I love the art but can we Try to stay on topic - this thread is getting a little bogged down.

I don't see how it's a workable solution either, other then Disney trying to get the collection off it's hands and over with. The only thing that makes sense to me would be IF it did happen, that October 17th would be the right day to do it on as that was the scheduled release date for the D23 expo pre-orders. I don't even think Disney expected this series to be as big as it's become.

Dear Disney Store Guests:

As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favorite Princess, and brought to our attention ways we could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets, and our wonderful Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.

Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the possibility of our Guests to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:
• We will now release for sale all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11.

• We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls (Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas) the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined.

• We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest – both in-store and at Disneystore.com

• We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (first come, first served) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.

• Guests that are not successful in obtaining the Princess Doll of their choice at the Stores will be able to try again later at Disneystore.com

We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.See More

Dear Disney Store Guests:

As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favorite Princess, and brought to our attention ways we could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets, and our wonderful Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.

Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the possibility of our Guests to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:
• We will now release for sale all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11.

• We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls (Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas) the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined.

• We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest – both in-store and at Disneystore.com

• We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (first come, first served) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.

• Guests that are not successful in obtaining the Princess Doll of their choice at the Stores will be able to try again later at Disneystore.com

We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.See More

Where did you get this from can you post a link.

I'm so bummed about the Facebook post. The nearest store is 7.5 hours one way for me. I hope I, and everyone else, that wants to collect them is actually able to get them.

My lovely partner is volunteering to get to London on the day to get them for me, must be the sight of me on the verge of tears. Going to have to pad him up american football style to barge the scalpers out the way...

The release sounds a little different than what the CM's were saying. This sounds like the stores will sell their allotment of dolls on the 17th, Disneystore.com on the 18th. The CM statement sounded like dolls would only be sold on DS.com if there were any "left over." We all know, that wouldn't happen, so anyone without a store would have been shut out. But those 2 days are going to be a disaster. Sounds like they really don't know what to do, so just get it over as quickly as possible, by releasing all the dolls at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back