• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
Oh yes :D You are the FIRST who see it! And i am so happy for that! Adorable Robyn.. :D if i was lived in USA,in your scholl..we has REALLY Friends xD i feel it! :)

Yes, it'd be cool if you lived here! Imagine how much fun we'd have gallivanting in vegas?

Well...I think if I lived in Italy it'd be loads cooler than here in the US. :p

The release sounds a little different than what the CM's were saying. This sounds like the stores will sell their allotment of dolls on the 17th, Disneystore.com on the 18th. The CM statement sounded like dolls would only be sold on DS.com if there were any "left over." We all know, that wouldn't happen, so anyone without a store would have been shut out. But those 2 days are going to be a disaster. Sounds like they really don't know what to do, so just get it over as quickly as possible, by releasing all the dolls at once.

This way actually makes more sense to me. If the online store didn't have it's own number then left over dolls from the B&M stores would have to be shipped all over the country. And there would likely not even be any left in the stores anyways. Now I'm just worried about the site crashing on the 18th!

Yes, it'd be cool if you lived here! Imagine how much fun we'd have gallivanting in vegas?

Well...I think if I lived in Italy it'd be loads cooler than here in the US. :p

Not so cool Robyn... Something is good something is bad (like every country) ... :) Now we all wait October 17 .... 17! :shock: You're my hope,you know.
Now we just wait. :) :)

I don't believe it's leftovers from the store are going to be sold online. They will have a certain allotment that is going to be sold online. Especially with only a one day difference there would be no way to get an accurate count and get them all back that just doesn't make sense. When they use the word "remaining" in their announcement I think they are referring to the remaining 5 dolls left not leftovers.

I was hoping that it would be completely online, since I don't have a store near me. So those that have a store are allowed to buy there and online so some people will still be able to get 2 sets.

This is going to be scary! :shock:

I only wanted Snow White because I just adore what they did with her style. But I was hoping to get a few of the rest for my little cousin.

Hoping I get the rest on that release day. Will be happy to trade the ones I don't need. :)

I suspect the stores already have their allotment for the remaining dolls in their stockroom. If all of the stores had to ship back to the warehouse (to do only online), it would take weeks to ship, receive, unpack, inspect for shipping damamge, verify and adjust the inventory. As for having the stores go first. It was previously the same but opposite - if you didn't get one online, you could go to your local store (assuming there was one) and try there...now it is store first and then online...at least the stores are going the extra step and handing out place cards early so late arrivals cannot cut in line. I just hope the stores were given some direction on how to handle phone orders (or not allow phone orders).

Last edited:
This announcement has been posted on the facebook page (and I still kind of believe that there's still a chance that it's not official-I'll debate on it below for both sides) hardly seems like a solution but more of a cop-out.

Ok, my thoughts: If it is true, I think that the retail stores will still only get a certain number of dolls and the rest will be posted online the next day from the stock reserved for online sales. The online availability should not be the "leftovers" from the retail stores. The turn around time is too quick (one business day). The Disney Store is clearly not organized enough to be able to get an accurate number of any remaining dolls (if any) from their retail stores in that amount of time, consolidate them back to the warehouse, update their olnine system, and sell the next day. No way.

The message states that this "solution" is based on input from facebook, twitter, and customers from the retail stores. How does this solution address the reported bad practices (phone holds, CMs selling to friends & family only) and sneaky behavior of the doll hoarders (like cutting in line prior to the tickets being distributed)? It doesn't. The ticketing system doesn't work unless there is a CM present when the first person arrives to queue up. Will that happen? No, it won't, and definitely not at all of the retail locations.

How does this address the server problems of the online sales? It doesn't. If anything, there will be more people trying to make orders at the same time with 5 princess dolls posted up for sale.

How does this address the eBay seller problem? It doesn't. All over the place, people have been complaining about the hoarders at the retail stores, and I think we're all pretty sure that they also preyed on the online sales opportunites too.

So, if this is the Disney Store's big solution, then the corporate execs are even dumber than I thought! Not a single issue brought out by this doll collection madness is addressed by this outline.

Ok, so what do I think is so fishy about this facebook post? The same plan outlined on this post is what was supposedly put as a thread response on facebook before it was taken down/mysteriously disappeared. If someone fb-hacked before, they can do it again. That said, the post is still active an hour later, so who knows? Also, why has nothing been put up on the Disney Store's official blog, The Buzz, yet? That was where the official notification on the doll schedule pause was put. The Disney Store did not even put that same message on facebook.

In any case, should it prove to be true, I know I can afford buying 5 dolls at once, and I can take the time off of work to go and face the madness. I just hope I don't have to do that. Yuck!

This announcement has been posted on the facebook page (and I still kind of believe that there's still a chance that it's not official-I'll debate on it below for both sides) hardly seems like a solution but more of a cop-out.

Ok, my thoughts: If it is true, I think that the retail stores will still only get a certain number of dolls and the rest will be posted online the next day from the stock reserved for online sales. The online availability should not be the "leftovers" from the retail stores. The turn around time is too quick (one business day). The Disney Store is clearly not organized enough to be able to get an accurate number of any remaining dolls (if any) from their retail stores in that amount of time, consolidate them back to the warehouse, update their olnine system, and sell the next day. No way.

The message states that this "solution" is based on input from facebook, twitter, and customers from the retail stores. How does this solution address the reported bad practices (phone holds, CMs selling to friends & family only) and sneaky behavior of the doll hoarders (like cutting in line prior to the tickets being distributed)? It doesn't. The ticketing system doesn't work unless there is a CM present when the first person arrives to queue up. Will that happen? No, it won't, and definitely not at all of the retail locations.

How does this address the server problems of the online sales? It doesn't. If anything, there will be more people trying to make orders at the same time with 5 princess dolls posted up for sale.

How does this address the eBay seller problem? It doesn't. All over the place, people have been complaining about the hoarders at the retail stores, and I think we're all pretty sure that they also preyed on the online sales opportunites too.

So, if this is the Disney Store's big solution, then the corporate execs are even dumber than I thought! Not a single issue brought out by this doll collection madness is addressed by this outline.

Ok, so what do I think is so fishy about this facebook post? The same plan outlined on this post is what was supposedly put as a thread response on facebook before it was taken down/mysteriously disappeared. If someone fb-hacked before, they can do it again. That said, the post is still active an hour later, so who knows? Also, why has nothing been put up on the Disney Store's official blog, The Buzz, yet? That was where the official notification on the doll schedule pause was put. The Disney Store did not even put that same message on facebook.

In any case, should it prove to be true, I know I can afford buying 5 dolls at once, and I can take the time off of work to go and face the madness. I just hope I don't have to do that. Yuck!

If is true.... You or Moondance help me Please :( My only lights in the darkness!!!

Wow.. they really did not think this through! Seriously? ALL 5 DOLLS RELEASED ON ONE DAY -- did they not listen to the CM's at the Disney Store telling them how crazy and dangerous it's been getting for the past 5 Mondays over these dolls?! I'm pretty sure that there are people who are already planning to camp out the night before to be able to get these dolls.

And LOL at them trying to sell all 5 dolls the next day.. if they thought Snow White's release was bad.. they're in for a huge surprise at the quick rate their site crashes when these 5 get released.

Super disappointed in their "solution" to all of this craziness.. they just made it even more crazy!

If is true.... You or Moondance help me Please :( My only lights in the darkness!!!

Ah, dear Rose, I'll see what I can do if this "plan" is true. If I am crazy enough to go to the retail store and lucky enough to get the purchase reservation ticket, I can only get one Rapunzel there. I will then have to try to get one for you online, which I will try. Keep faith! We will make it work!

Ok i am decided: I will contact Maleficent for make me to sting from a wool-winder and fall in a sleep for a month! I will wake up October 17 and i will have my Rapunzel. lol :shock:

Last edited:
On many of the limited releases both at DLR and DSF, cast members were in attendance very early. For stores located inside malls, the mall doors are opened up early in the morning (my local mall opens its outside doors at 6am and people start walking inside the mall for exercise) so I expect you would see cast member(s) around that time and start handing out the line cards as people arrive. Notices will probably be put up at the stores at least a week in advance so people are aware of what is going to happen.

Last edited:
Did you all notice that this was added to the earlier announcement "Purchasing Guests are Guests present at Store age 17 and older" - so parents cannot drag their 5 babies to the store at 3am get more Designer Princesses. It also looks like they are not going to allow phone orders at the B & M stores since it says "present at store".

Also at the bottom: Note: This information is valid at Disney Store locations in the United States and Canada, excluding Outlet locations. Due to recent openings, the following stores will NOT participate in the distribution of dolls on 10/17/11: La Plaza Mall, McAllen, TX; Westfield Galleria at Roseville, Roseville, CA; Westfield Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks, CA

Last edited:

Yuck yuck yuck! :p Well, so much for my hopes that Jim Fielding and his cronies had any grasp of what really has been going on! "Nice" solution! I had sworn never to stand in line for an item since I waited overnight to get the Playstation 2 when it was released (it was a very long and cold night). I guess I'll have to break that vow! LOL. Cray-cray!

Seems they added some wording - that Purchasing guests must present that day - and must be 17 or older. Are they going to check ID? lol The poor CMs at the stores. This fails for store purchasing because, what if a CM wants to buy a set of dolls. Are they allowed to? With uneven edition amounts for each doll, how will that work. With so many Disney stores, how many dolls can possibly be sold at each one with also selling on line the next day? What about other CMs who buy online. So we really don't know how many dolls are really available to us - the public.

It's going to be the dollRAPTURE - dollPOCALYPSE
dollmageddon ! ! ! lol

Holy Moses.....this is gonna be interesting. Guess I will be at my mall earrrrly on the 17th.

Cray cray is right!

Rose, your art is amazingly gorgeous.

Well, I just put in my request to take the day off of work on 10/17... I can't believe I'm doing this. The next thing I need to decide is which store to go to? My closer store is in a mall, but I think they get less stock and there is the danger of not knowing which doors to the mall open at what time. I'm not a mall rat, so I don't know what their policies are. Then there is the downtown San Francisco store, which has an external entrance. I wonder how many people would actually line up on the street other than me? If I was not embroiled in this mess, I would find this whole thing funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back