• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
WoW, my girlfriend in the UK sent Ariel & Mulan to me on Wednesday and they were just delivered . Ariel is just so gorgeous . I'm glad I bent in the last minute and got my friend to order her . Mulan is my trader for Snow White as she should not have been released as a princess nor Poci . Sorry Moon Dance, I know she's a Native American Princess, but pooh, if they were going to do Mulan & Poci , what about Tink or as others said, Giselle .

How did you wind up sending your dolls overseas? Royal Mail is quoting about £70 for tracked :( 2 dolls.

I did the same/opposite thing, got a Snow White to trade for Mulan. That seems to be the way to go is trade and avoid Ebay inflation~

Well, I just put in my request to take the day off of work on 10/17... I can't believe I'm doing this. The next thing I need to decide is which store to go to? My closer store is in a mall, but I think they get less stock and there is the danger of not knowing which doors to the mall open at what time. I'm not a mall rat, so I don't know what their policies are. Then there is the downtown San Francisco store, which has an external entrance. I wonder how many people would actually line up on the street other than me? If I was not embroiled in this mess, I would find this whole thing funny.

I'm in the same area and can't decide either, especially with this news. I'm even debating driving out to a further store that might not be as crazy.. but I don't know about taking the risk. Now all dolls are placed on one bet.. this sucks.. so rather than having 5 chances, we basically have 1 chance to succeed or fail.

Last edited:
I know I haven't been all that active in this thread but I have been keeping up with it and have a few requests/comments:

1) PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!! All the love fests and beautiful artwork is wonderful but it is making it very difficult to sift out the meaningful posts and as a result people aren't reading everything and end up saying things other people have already said multiple times. It happened to me, I posted something earlier today only to see later that others had already posted it but I missed those because the thread is getting so clogged up. By all means, keep post what you are posting, but please move it to a dedicated thread so that this one can get back under control.

2) I have thus far remained silent on the eBay hatred but, although I will probably regret it, here is my take on it.

I have been dealing with this very same issue for several years with pin releases. This is nothing new. I think a lot of people don't realize that because they aren't pin collectors and haven't had to deal with it as much. I used to get so angry with the resellers and hate what they were doing. I would write Disney emails, call them, and be upset everytime it happened. Eventually, we did make progress and they implemented the limit rule. That never used to be there!!! So right off the bat, be thankful for the 2 doll per order limit that they did have because in the old days it would have been no limit at all! And with pins it was usually LE 100 sets! So having a few hundred or so plus dolls in the store seems like a luxury compared to what a lot us that have been around for awhile are used to.

So, the limits were put into place and that did help, but that doesn't stop the resellers. So...what did all the anger, outrage, and stess get me??? Absolutely nothing. I finally realized that this is part of collecting (whether you like it or not). You win some and you lose some. When you win, get an extra to trade for the time that you lose. It doesn't always work, but a lot of times it does.

3) I'm sure this won't be very popular, but try for a second to look at the reselling from a different perspective.

We all know the economy is in the crapper right now and a lot of people are out of work. Some people really need the money right now. Some people may need this money to repair their car or even put food on the table. I know that this isn't the case with all resellers, but I'm sure it is for some. So, as much as I would hate to see a little girl crying because she didn't get a doll....in circumstances like those....too bad. Some people may need to go without thier luxury item so that someone else can use it to survive. You know what my Mom would have told me when I was little and had asked for a $60 doll??? She would have said "Tell Santa" and by the time Christmas actually rolled around I would have completely forgotten about the doll and wanted something else by then. I have absolutely no problem with people trying to get these for their kids...but they are specifically marketed as an Adult Collectible so they have to right to criticize adults for taking them for themselves.

Or, what about this scenario....say a "true collector" really wants the whole set and missed out on the first dolls. Now their only resort is ebay but the prices are sky high and they can't afford it. So, is it so wrong for them to buy multiple dolls of the future releases, sell the extras and use the profits to get the dolls they missed??? I don't think so. At the end of the day they are probably still going to end up paying more than cost for their set, but at least they got it even if they had to mark up some dolls to offset others.

All I'm saying is that there are other things to think about here. It is very easy to just get mad and be a hater, but maybe that isn't totally the right thing to be doing. Also, I don't think Disney can do much more than what they are doing. They can try to change their policies to give more people a chance, but at the end of the day they can't refuse a sale to someone because they think they are going to resell it. Doing so would be discrimination. And they have no business telling someone what they can do with it once they have purchased it.

4) With the new 1 per person limit and the release of them all at once I somewhat fear that it is going to make it even more difficult to acquire these dolls. Think about it....more dolls are going to get into the collectors' hands quicker. And do you know what happens to things when collectors get them....they keep them. I know first hand from collecting pins. There are some pins that rarely see the light of day because they are all rooted firmly in people's collections and they cost a fortune when they do come available. Therefore (back to the dolls) there will be fewer available on the secondary market and if you are one of the unlucky ones that don't have a Store or didn't make the cut and you don't have luck online, then you are screwed! You thought the prices on ebay were high before??? Wait and see what happens when there are half the amount of dolls available on there. Paying markup stinks no matter how you look at it but at least it gives you a chance to own the doll if you were willing and able to pay the price. Now....you may not even get the chance. There will be fewer available and the price will go up.

So, maybe the eBay seller isn't such a terrible thing....at least they give you a backup option... At the end of the day, there are just not enough dolls to satisfy the demand (Which is part of the reason they are so popular. I guarantee that not as many people would want them if they weren't so hot.). Not every collector is going to be able to get one and taking eBay resellers out of the equation is not going to change that. If anything, I'd say that eBay resellers actually cause the dolls to go to the people that want them the most. Only the people that want them really really badly are going to save up the money and shell out a few hundred dollars for a doll....

Ok...I'm going to stop. Sorry this is so long but I just felt a different perspective needed to be interjected here.

Last edited:
I know I haven't been all that active in this thread but I have been keeping up with it and have a few requests/comments:

1) PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!! All the love fests and beautiful artwork is wonderful but it is making it very difficult to sift out the meaningful posts and as a result people are reading everything and end up saying things other people have already said multiple. It happened to me, I posted something earlier today only to see later that others had already posted it but I missed those because the thread is getting so clogged up. By all mean, keep post what you are posting, but please move it to a dedicated thread so that this one can get back under control..

Sorry :(

No, don't worry about it! I think everyone enjoyed your pictures. It is just the back and forth conversations between people in this thread makes it really difficult to follow.

I absolutely encourage you to post your work in the Anything Goes or Disney Chat sections!!! And conversations about helping each other out can be taken to PM or the marketplace section of the forum! :)

http://disneypinforum.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Anything-Goes

I'm flipping angry!!!!!!!!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR

MOONDANCE SMASH!

***Dodges flying debris***

Now, Robyn dear, we can all still recoup and come up with a good game plan. Life is constant change and we just have to roll with the punches, which we will do. That's what separates the survivors/winners from those that, um, don't. I can promise that I will try to complete my set at the retail store. If that's the game they are playing, I will play along (not much choice, is there?). Then if I hear that you were unable to get your beloved Designer Pocahontas, I will do the online vigil to try to secure one for you. After all, if two of us try (or more, if we can get this thread's community unified under one purpose), the chances are increased for success. I only want one each of the remaining dolls, but I sure as heck will try to help out if I can. I am serious about us organizing a game plan. Maybe a new thread needs to be created for that, where everyone lists their "must-haves" from the remaining 5?

I propose:
Phase #1 is that everyone should be to try to get what you want on October 17th, if you are able. Since retail stores are limiting to selling up to one of each princess doll per buyer, those of us that want the whole set will be fine if we can nail Plan A. If we cannot, then we can try the online thing, which won't be much different that what we've done the past 5 weeks. We'll just have to click on 5 dolls into the cart as fast as we can.

Phase #2 is dealing with the online website to assist those who were shut out of Phase #1. I really think we can make it work as long as we are willing to trust each other and follow-through. Even if we get "our" dolls at retail, if you do manage to get an extra doll, then trades or sales can happen within our own community. I want everyone here to not have to deal with eBay. We've seen what is going on there.

What do you guys think? We can beat this horrible plan set by corporate Disney Store due to their incompetence & underestimation of Disney Princess fans!

I also agree with the off-topic posts, there's been a lot of them and it's making the thread hard to read & hard to get to the actual discussion on the dolls.

erudolf, I agree with a lot of what you said. I'm sorry if this doesn't make me very popular, but you can't get everything you want in life. It's totally okay and normal to be disappointed by not getting the doll you want (I missed Belle, and I was disappointed) -- but I don't think it's okay to be so angry and hateful over it. And this isn't directed to anyone in particular, I've been seeing a lot of anger & hatred on facebook. When you get down to it, they are dolls. And it's okay for them to mean something to you, but I think there's more important things to life than hating on and threatening others because you didn't get the doll you wanted. It really does need to be put into perspective. Some dolls are limited edition of 4,000. Worldwide. That means people are going to miss out on a doll they wanted. I'm sure there's more than 4,000 people wanting them. There just won't be enough for everyone to have one.

I'm not a reseller on eBay, but the hatred for resellers is a bit ugly. This happens with all collectibles. And again, it's disappointing (I can't count the many times I've been disappointed with something that was sold out but all over eBay a day later), but you can't change what other people do. You can only change how you react to situations. Happiness depends on yourself and how you deal with what life gives you.

I feel bad if there are children that wanted the dolls and miss out, but maybe it's a good time to teach them that you can't have everything you want. I was taught that very early on, and I don't think I ever cried on Christmas morning when I didn't get what I had wished for. I was very thankful for what I did get, though. And to be honest with you, now as an adult, I remember a lot of the things I did receive as a gift as a child. I can't really remember anything that I wanted, but didn't get (even though I'm sure there were plenty of those).

I sincerely hope everyone here gets the doll they wish for. But for anyone that doesn't, by some unfortunate circumstances, I hope for them to be able to accept it and deal with it in a positive manner.

dollmageddon!

12546fm.gif

So does this mean the will most likely be sold out by 10/18?

Last edited:
***Dodges flying debris***

Now, Robyn dear, we can all still recoup and come up with a good game plan. Life is constant change and we just have to roll with the punches, which we will do. That's what separates the survivors/winners from those that, um, don't. I can promise that I will try to complete my set at the retail store. If that's the game they are playing, I will play along (not much choice, is there?). Then if I hear that you were unable to get your beloved Designer Pocahontas, I will do the online vigil to try to secure one for you. After all, if two of us try (or more, if we can get this thread's community unified under one purpose), the chances are increased for success. I only want one each of the remaining dolls, but I sure as heck will try to help out if I can. I am serious about us organizing a game plan. Maybe a new thread needs to be created for that, where everyone lists their "must-haves" from the remaining 5?

I propose:
Phase #1 is that everyone should be to try to get what you want on October 17th, if you are able. Since retail stores are limiting to selling up to one of each princess doll per buyer, those of us that want the whole set will be fine if we can nail Plan A. If we cannot, then we can try the online thing, which won't be much different that what we've done the past 5 weeks. We'll just have to click on 5 dolls into the cart as fast as we can.

Phase #2 is dealing with the online website to assist those who were shut out of Phase #1. I really think we can make it work as long as we are willing to trust each other and follow-through. Even if we get "our" dolls at retail, if you do manage to get an extra doll, then trades or sales can happen within our own community. I want everyone here to not have to deal with eBay. We've seen what is going on there.

What do you guys think? We can beat this horrible plan set by corporate Disney Store due to their incompetence & underestimation of Disney Princess fans!

Im going to definitely agree with you... this is going to get tough but if we can help each other i am definitely in... Im not sure if i can request the day off just yet, my sister in law is due to have her baby 10/22 so i cant be positive she will be exact but i definitely want to be around for the birth. but i definitely want to try. lets see what we can do together

Well now that the news has been released . I will only work on trying to get Jas and Rapunzel . If I get lucky, hubby will be with me and I will certainly think of others . If I end up with an extra , then there is always ebay .

Ok.

Here is a sampling of what "can" happen on EBay with these dolls. I was shut out of getting the SW doll on SUnday night-Monday morning due to the crash. [By the way I have yet to be given a refund thru Disney!!] Anyway- I really wanted to get my dearest friend SW for Christmas and so I resorted to Ebay. After looking and looking for the best prices, i finally got one-sold for $112.00, Now, granted, that is not retail $65.00 or so, but it is better than $200. Everything is relative and my friend will be THRILLED! Worth every penny. Another point is what the auction started at. It was $1.99 and the other bidders drove it up! So, one cannot generalize about EBay sellers only being greedy.[ or generalize about anyone else for that matter.]

As a few have mentioned, it's OK to be disappointed, but not OK to be angry.

I too submitted a request for the 17th off. At least the morning. We'll see if I get it off.

The two DS in Portland are both in malls. I think I will go with my closer one and show up whenever they open the mall.

Good luck- i too am starting to view this with amusement. If I weren't already invested in it, I'd give up. I told my husband yesterday I was about ready to just throw in the towel on a few of the dolls and he said, "You are half way there; why quit now?" Gotta love him.

OHHHH no i just read what disney store is doing im soo sad im not going to be able to get all the dolls:( What about Jasmine:( Im freaking out now:(

Sorry for the stupid question on what B & M were. Obviously I have never heard it termed that way. :-(

Ok, so how many of us work on Monday's? Oh my goodness. Seriously. I don't even think I could get to a store, since the closest one is an hour away.

I do not see how this is any better. Am I missing the point???? Darn!!!!!!

I was trying to get one of the Rapunzel and Jasmine dolls, and it looks like this will not be happening for me. I am ultra thrilled though that I was able to get Cinderella and I am trying to work out a trade for Snow White. Sounds promising, but I would have liked the option to get another doll.

Oh well. I hope that everyone who is able to go and get one, does actually get one. :) Many good wishes to all who try!!!

Vicki

Because if they sell out in the stores they will have none to put on line:( IM scared sooo scared:(

Disneystore.com has their own allotment. Probably as many per doll as they have had so far. They are not just taking the unsold ones from the stores.

True, because how could they get them back to the catalog warehouse so quickly to determine how many they have.

Disneystore.com has their own allotment. Probably as many per doll as they have had so far. They are not just taking the unsold ones from the stores.

True, because how could they get them back to the catalog warehouse so quickly to determine how many they have.

Exactly. They cannot get a single pin from one side of the country to the other in a week. SO how would they get that many dolls across country in a day, inventory them, and put them up for sale. Simple answer is that they cannot.

My friend posted my dolls to me in the UK Tuesday and I got them today . I almost fell over, when the postman arrived for signature . I said, package from the UK ??? She said, yes, I just stood there with my mouth on the porch . :shock:

OH really Oh phew ok i feel a little better now:) Thanks:D

They have there own allotment for online. Disney Store told me themselves. I posted a link in a previous post. I still want my husband to take Sunday off so we can make the four hour drive to the Disney Store. :hsd: Hopefully it all works out trying to reaming optimistic. Hoping to get 2 Pocahontas one for me one for my mom. Two Jasmine one for me and my mom and Rapunzel for my sister. The can not do there own buying so I have to do it for them.

My friend posted my dolls to me in the UK Tuesday and I got them today . I almost fell over, when the postman arrived for signature . I said, package from the UK ??? She said, yes, I just stood there with my mouth on the porch . :shock:

It was like a surprise Christmas present! That was relatively quick shipping, coming all the way from the UK! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back