• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
I do not know if Disney has this system in their cash registers in the B+M stores, but many retail stores have Inventory control built into their registers [computers] and deducts product as it is sold. The stores obviously know their count before opening time and the manager might have to call in the totals at the end of the day[or it might go automatically to the powers that be]. Also, many dISNEY STORE B+M SHIP, so the deal might be that online orders from the 18th [what is left and sold] would be shipped directly from the appropriate B+M store. Highly efficient, and just a scenario that "could" occur.

I do not know if Disney has this system in their cash registers in the B+M stores, but many retail stores have Inventory control built into their registers [computers] and deducts product as it is sold. The stores obviously know their count before opening time and the manager might have to call in the totals at the end of the day[or it might go automatically to the powers that be]. Also, many dISNEY STORE B+M SHIP, so the deal might be that online orders from the 18th [what is left and sold] would be shipped directly from the appropriate B+M store. Highly efficient, and just a scenario that "could" occur.

Interesting idea, but I really don't see the Disney Store as being that organized. Also, the retail stores don't really need to track inventory in a countdown method to prevent overselling, because if the item is not in the store, you can't scan it, so therefore they can't sell it. That is not to say that the Disney Store does not have this program nor that they don't utilize it, because they obviously have to track inventory vs. sales. I just don't see the retail Disney Stores shipping the Designer Dolls out to fulfill online orders. That would require very precise organization. The call centers/online processors and the retail stores operate separately, based on what we have seen.

Unfortunately, the inventory control is not in the registers on-stage (on the selling floor). It would save me so much time if I knew exactly what we had in stock on stage and off stage through the register. It might be different for some stores with inventory control though, but at my store, def not built in. It would be so much more convenient, it would help me locate items for guests, instead calling stores for the product they want.

However, the company lets us know beforehand how much we're getting of what product in the store, and especially when it comes to limited edition dolls. Then at a certain time, we record how much we've sold. Usually around lunch time, then at closing, we write down what we've sold during that day. We keep track of certain items that we sell per transaction at an hourly basis.

I am scared for this release date..there's going to be a lot of chaos. I'm probably going to go get Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Rapunzel in-store so I can choose which doll I want. And Tiana and Aurora, I'll buy online the next day. I just hope they post the time they will have the dolls up on line soon!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the inventory control is not in the registers on-stage (on the selling floor). It would save me so much time if I knew exactly what we had in stock on stage and off stage through the register. It might be different for some stores with inventory control though, but at my store, def not built in. It would be so much more convenient, it would help me locate items for guests, instead calling stores for the product they want.

However, the company lets us know beforehand how much we're getting of what product in the store, and especially when it comes to limited edition dolls. Then at a certain time, we record how much we've sold. Usually around lunch time, then at closing, we write down what we've sold during that day. We keep track of certain items that we sell per transaction at an hourly basis.

I am scared for this release date..there's going to be a lot of chaos. I'm probably going to go get Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Rapunzel in-store so I can choose which doll I want. And Tiana and Aurora, I'll buy online the next day. I just hope they post the time they will have the dolls up on line soon!

Hi ElleB, not to put you in the "hot seat," but what is your store's policy about CMs purchasing the dolls? I can imagine that it would stink if you can't buy the dolls if you are working during that shift, but if CMs are holding some in the back to buy later, that will reduce the available stock for public purchase. Since you do work for the Disney Store, perhaps you could give us some insight as to whether or not it's worth trying to actually go to the stores on October 17th.

Interesting idea, but I really don't see the Disney Store as being that organized. Also, the retail stores don't really need to track inventory in a countdown method to prevent overselling, because if the item is not in the store, you can't scan it, so therefore they can't sell it. That is not to say that the Disney Store does not have this program nor that they don't utilize it, because they obviously have to track inventory vs. sales. I just don't see the retail Disney Stores shipping the Designer Dolls out to fulfill online orders. That would require very precise organization. The call centers/online processors and the retail stores operate separately, based on what we have seen.

+1 Gotta agree, I think you may be giving Disney to much credit here.

Vicki

Not very likely that stores will have any stock after Monday and with several hundred stores, the software that would be needed to determine "nearest store with the correct stock' would be really complex. Most stores only have local inventory control (in store) and not regional / national inventory control systems.

We can purchase the doll, but not during our shifts. We are never allowed to shop during our shifts. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED to put ANYTHING on HOLD. This is a strict policy. We cannot hold anything in the back. We get in trouble if we do. I think it's a warning for the first time, then you get written up, this situation then gets sent to the DM, and it stays on your record.

Each store keeps track of their sales and we email those results to our DM at a given time. I have not bought any dolls from my store, I've bought them online for many reasons, 1. ebates, 2. school, 3. to get away from guests who might know me. I don't want them thinking I'm getting special treatment especially what happened with my manager. My manager who had the day off, came to the store early to buy one of those Limited Edition Gothel dolls for her niece. We had a long line outside for Gothel. When the doll sold out, some of the guests started complaining about her and accused us of holding dolls in the back. It caused so much ruckus in the store.

I've been there for almost 5 years, even when I'm not in my uniform, or if I'm off, and I'm in the store, I still get recognized as a CM. So after what happened with my manager that one time, I have been scarred to even try to wait in line at my own store. Even for previous dolls, limited edition dolls, or LE vinylmation, I've gone to other stores cus I don't want to deal with guests like that.

The Snow White doll I received has this black dot on her face, so does my Mulan. I'd go to the store, so I can see the doll and quality. But if you are someone who wants to get their doll right away and not have to wait for that shipment confirmation from online, buy it from the store. Go early if the mall permits you to line up. If you'd rather not deal with the craziness, take your chances online.
Hi ElleB, not to put you in the "hot seat," but what is your store's policy about CMs purchasing the dolls? I can imagine that it would stink if you can't buy the dolls if you are working during that shift, but if CMs are holding some in the back to buy later, that will reduce the available stock for public purchase. Since you do work for the Disney Store, perhaps you could give us some insight as to whether or not it's worth trying to actually go to the stores on October 17th.

Last edited:
We can purchase the doll, but not during our shifts. We are never allowed to shop during our shifts. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED to put ANYTHING on HOLD. This is a strict policy. We cannot hold anything in the back. We get in trouble if we do. I think it's a warning for the first time, then you get written up, this situation then gets sent to the DM, and it stays on your record.

Each store keeps track of their sales and we email those results to our DM at a given time. I have not bought any dolls from my store, I've bought them online for many reasons, 1. ebates, 2. school, 3. to get away from guests who might know me. I don't want them thinking I'm getting special treatment especially what happened with my manager. My manager who had the day off, came to the store early to buy one of those Limited Edition Gothel dolls for her niece. We had a long line outside for Gothel. When the doll sold out, some of the guests started complaining about her and accused us of holding dolls in the back. It caused so much ruckus in the store.

I've been there for almost 5 years, even when I'm not in my uniform, or if I'm off, and I'm in the store, I still get recognized as a CM. So after what happened with my manager that one time, I have been scarred to even try to wait in line at my own store. Even for previous dolls, limited edition dolls, or LE vinylmation, I've gone to other stores cus I don't want to deal with guests like that.

The Snow White doll I received has this black dot on her face, so does my Mulan. I'd go to the store, so I can see the doll and quality. But if you are someone who wants to get their doll right away and not have to wait for that shipment confirmation from online, buy it from the store. Go early if the mall permits you to line up. If you'd rather not deal with the craziness, take your chances online.

Thanks for the insight, ElleB! I guess I'll try to do the retail purchase first and go from there. So essentially, if the CMs are actually following protocol, they should be selling the actual quantity of the Designer Dolls stock received. Based on the stories bandied about online, it sounds like some CMs have not followed proper procedures, so we can only hope for the best. By the way, if we do see suspicious activity (like dolls being held on the back counter that are just sitting there, supposedly unavailable for purchase), what would you recommend we do to call that out without creating World War III in the store?

Hmmm....not sure how I feel about this decision, I don't mind one princess per person, but I did like one-at-a-time better than all at once...but it is what it is, so let the games begin! :)

And I agree with Moondance...how am I supposed to get 5 dolls out of the store when I could barely carry two! I am going to have bring a duffel bag or something! LOL

On another note-

For everyone that has received their Snow Whites...is there a hairnet-type thing on the top of her hair? I am afraid to open the case, but it seems like there is a strange bumpy piece on the top of her head. Just wondering if others have noticed this...and if there is a hairnet...I wonder if you can take it off?

Unfortunately there are some CMs that do not follow protocol.:( Which is not good because then it makes the company look bad and those of us who actually do follow the rules, look bad too!

If you do see something being stored behind the counter, take it straight to the manager on duty and ask if they are available for purchase. If they say no, and you feel in your gut that something is not right, you can always call guest services and explain what happened in the store. They most likely will apologize to you, direct you to the right department to ensure that your needs are being met. The company does have a right to know if their employees are not following the company's rules.

Also: From my understanding, there should never be a hold for any LIMITED EDITION item for any guest or CM. No exceptions.

Thanks for the insight, ElleB! I guess I'll try to do the retail purchase first and go from there. So essentially, if the CMs are actually following protocol, they should be selling the actual quantity of the Designer Dolls stock received. Based on the stories bandied about online, it sounds like some CMs have not followed proper procedures, so we can only hope for the best. By the way, if we do see suspicious activity (like dolls being held on the back counter that are just sitting there, supposedly unavailable for purchase), what would you recommend we do to call that out without creating World War III in the store?

Unfortunately there are some CMs that do not follow protocol.:( Which is not good because then it makes the company look bad and those of us who actually do follow the rules, look bad too!

If you do see something being stored behind the counter, take it straight to the manager on duty and ask if they are available for purchase. If they say no, and you feel in your gut that something is not right, you can always call guest services and explain what happened in the store. They most likely will apologize to you, direct you to the right department to ensure that your needs are being met. The company does have a right to know if their employees are not following the company's rules.

Also: From my understanding, there should never be a hold for any LIMITED EDITION item for any guest or CM. No exceptions.

Got it! :) That makes perfect sense. I'll have to put the DS guest services line on my cell phone as a backup, though I am sure that the local management will follow protocol for this, given the craziness surrounding this Designer Collection. I certainly don't like being a whistle-blower, but I am a big believer in fairness as much as possible. Thanks again for your input!

Anytime :hsd: Glad to be of help. Good luck getting the dolls:p

Got it! :) That makes perfect sense. I'll have to put the DS guest services line on my cell phone as a backup, though I am sure that the local management will follow protocol for this, given the craziness surrounding this Designer Collection. I certainly don't like being a whistle-blower, but I am a big believer in fairness as much as possible. Thanks again for your input!

I know I haven't been all that active in this thread but I have been keeping up with it and have a few requests/comments:

1) PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!! All the love fests and beautiful artwork is wonderful but it is making it very difficult to sift out the meaningful posts and as a result people aren't reading everything and end up saying things other people have already said multiple times. It happened to me, I posted something earlier today only to see later that others had already posted it but I missed those because the thread is getting so clogged up. By all means, keep post what you are posting, but please move it to a dedicated thread so that this one can get back under control.

But if we move our (non?) "meaningful" posts to a 'dedicated thread' people will complain there too.
Don't mean to be sarcastic AT ALL (I'm being SILLY. So take this post with a SILLY tone- no Rudeness intended)- but I can imagine the thread:

The Wacky Antics of Rose and Robyn (Maybe Shiva can come too? :D)

Post 1.

HAI :D

tinker said:
Mulan is my trader for Snow White as she should not have been released as a princess nor Poci . Sorry Moon Dance, I know she's a Native American Princess, but pooh, if they were going to do Mulan & Poci , what about Tink or as others said, Giselle .

Tink isn't a princess- she once was considered one because they were trying to go with the 'princesses need not be of royal heritage' (which is probably why Mulan was added to the Official Disney Princesses and kept there)

And Yeah, as brought up before, Amy Adams would have gotten loads of $$ for Giselle's likeness of her.

(Also not a rude post) It's alright, you have a Eurocentric (Thanks for the word Shiva :) ) way of thinking, If you were me you'd see my absolute reasons to completely disagree with you.

BTW, My name- It's just 'Moondance' like that Van Morrison song :) Thanks for capitalizing and spacing Moon and Dance though, feels like I'm important enough to have my name done in such a way :)

(Incoming flame!!!!!)

just emailed my mall asking what time people can come in to mall walk, and also queue up at a store.

(was afraid maybe that although mall walkers could come in at X time, people coming to queue would have to wait).

My DH, who 17 years ago ran the security at this mall, said they used to let people in at 0530. :eek2:

I'm praying it's a slightly more godly hour, LOL.

I did mention in my email why I'm asking the question- that the Disney Store is going to have a very popular release of dolls. I think security definitely needs to be on board with this release and hanging out near the DS. I might even ask my DH to go with me and my Mom.

So- a question for everyone- if you had to rank the dolls that are left, what is your rank?
Mine is- (from wanting most to least)
Rapunzel
Pocahontas
Jasmine
Aurora
Tiana

I suppose if I can be lined up at a store at 0400 on Black Friday (hello Target 2008), I can do this for these dolls. :wiggle:

just emailed my mall asking what time people can come in to mall walk, and also queue up at a store.

(was afraid maybe that although mall walkers could come in at X time, people coming to queue would have to wait).

My DH, who 17 years ago ran the security at this mall, said they used to let people in at 0530. :eek2:

I did mention in my email why I'm asking the question- that the Disney Store is going to have a very popular release of dolls. I think security definitely needs to be on board with this release and hanging out near the DS. I might even ask my DH to go with me and my Mom.

So- a question for everyone- if you had to rank the dolls that are left, what is your rank?
Rapunzel
Pocahontas
Jasmine
Aurora
Tiana

I suppose if I can be lined up at a store at 0400 on Black Friday (hello Target 2008), I can do this for these dolls. :wiggle:

Most to least for me would be:

Jasmine
Rapunzel
Tiana
Aurora
Pocahontas

Rapunzel
Pocahontas
Jasmine
Aurora
Tiana

Pocahontas (Obviously, What's with the dress though? The Sketch was WAY better..and why isn't she Smiling on the doll? She looks like she's smug, and feels she's the best of the rest :) )
Rapunzel (She's my third favourite Princess)
Jasmine (Teal is my favourite colour- her dress is so fabulous, but what's with the big head? and the dress didn't transition well from sketch to doll imo)
Tiana (FABULOUS Hairdo and Face! LOVE LOVE LOVE! So Oldies :) )
Aurora (Lovely Hairstyle, awesome dress...I didn't like her sketch but man, the doll is WAY better)

I would have placed Aurora before Tiana..but Tiana's face structure and 'do are way better than Aurora's, even though Aurora's hair style is pretty rad :)

But if we move our (non?) "meaningful" posts to a 'dedicated thread' people will complain there too.
Don't mean to be sarcastic AT ALL (I'm being SILLY. So take this post with a SILLY tone- no Rudeness intended)- but I can imagine the thread:

The Wacky Antics of Rose and Robyn (Maybe Shiva can come too? :D)

Post 1.

HAI :D

Lol! I'm down with another fun thread to just shoot the breeze! :) Just let me know where!

Hmmm....not sure how I feel about this decision, I don't mind one princess per person, but I did like one-at-a-time better than all at once...but it is what it is, so let the games begin! :)

And I agree with Moondance...how am I supposed to get 5 dolls out of the store when I could barely carry two! I am going to have bring a duffel bag or something! LOL

On another note-

For everyone that has received their Snow Whites...is there a hairnet-type thing on the top of her hair? I am afraid to open the case, but it seems like there is a strange bumpy piece on the top of her head. Just wondering if others have noticed this...and if there is a hairnet...I wonder if you can take it off?

I just got my Snow White today and I noticed the strange bump on top of her head too - I thought it was just her hair all messed up, but I didn't want to remove her from the box.

From the remaining dolls, my list goes like this:
1.) Rapunzel (She's my #2 favorite Princess after Snow White. Designer Rapunzel looks a bit too smug, though! What secret is she hiding? :p )
2.) Tiana (I don't own any Tiana dolls yet, and I like her Diana Ross look. Bejeweled Frog Naveen is cute, too)
3.) Pocahontas (Really reminds me of Padma Lakshmi. Beautiful, but I do like my Sun Colors Pocahontas doll more - talk about old-school!)
4.) Jasmine (I also do not have any Jasmine dolls yet, because I don't like most of Disney's Jasmine dolls. Viewed from the wrong angle, Designer Jasmine does have a large forehead.)
5.) Aurora (Her hair puts me off... Aurora is my #3 favorite princess, but I like my Signature Aurora doll way better.)

It's really tough to rank them, though, because I do want them all. If the whole thing blows up in my face and I don't get any of the above, I may just keep only Snow White, Cinderella, and Ariel of the first 5. If I cannot get Designer Tiana, I am so getting the Ashton Drake Tiana doll in the blue dress - she's $150, but a real class act.

By the way, is anyone interested in a cooperative game plan for October 17-18?

Last edited:
Shiva,
Would love to join the cooperative game. Am planing on going to the store with DH and don't mind picking up an extra if I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back