• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
They did start with some heavy hitters who could have been held back to even things out a bit. The Mulan mess was somewhat created by siege mentality after Belle and Ariel went so quickly I feel.

Email release from Disney for the Designer Doll collection, all will release 10/17/11

Disney Princess Designer Collection | View Web Version
New Arrivals
092910_ip_topnav_divider.gif
Girls
Boys
Adults
Home & Decor
Collectibles
Toys
Disney Parks
Sale
full_email_dpdc_20110924_01.jpg
Dear Disney Store Guests:
As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favorite Princess, and brought to our attention ways we could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets, and our Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.
Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the chances of as many of our Guests as possible to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:
  • We will now release for purchase all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11.
  • We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined – and will be communicated at a later date.
  • We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest. This limit applies both in-store and at Disneystore.com.

NOTE: Purchasing Guests are Guests present at Store age 17 and older.
  • We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (first come, first served) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.
  • Guests that are not successful in obtaining the Princess Doll of their choice at the Stores will be able to try on 10/18/11 at Disneystore.com.
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.

Note: This information is valid at Disney Store locations in the United States and Canada, excluding Outlet locations. Due to recent openings, the following stores will NOT participate in the distribution of dolls on 10/17/11: La Plaza Mall, McAllen, TX; Westfield Galleria at Roseville, Roseville, CA; Westfield Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks, CA.

full_email_dpdc_20110924_02.jpg

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Discussion v2.0

I honestly thought they would do something like that. Iviewed the princesses as top tier & second tier. I thought they would rotate every other week between the tiers, so to speak.

I think of the 5 most popular princesses as Cinderella, snow, belle Ariel and Rapunzel. Aka top tier. Right now these are the most popular ones with merchandise and who is popular in the parks.

So I thought it would be something like
Cinderella
Mulan
Belle
Jasmine
Snow white
Pocahontas
Rapunzel
Tiana
Aurora
Ariel

Or something similar like what shiva posted. I was shocked and think I mentioned it here or on the disboards that they released three very pop princesses in a row.

Not that this really matters now, but hypothetically speaking, do you think that things would have been different if they released the dolls in something like this order:

1.) Cinderella
2.) Pocahontas
3.) Tiana
4.) Snow White
5.) Jasmine
6.) Mulan
7.) Rapunzel
8.) Aurora
9.) Belle
10.) Ariel

I really agree that the Ariel and Belle dolls really accelerated the madness for the Designer dolls.

exactly plus they have no idea how many people want all 5 so it would make no sense to bundle them, plus there is also the fact that they have varying LE sizes

since the blog post say's "ticketing procedure" for the Disney store locations I am guessing that it will work the same as what they did at the expo, CM's will distribute tickets and there will be tickets for each individual doll, they will go down the line asking each guest which dolls they want. Then you turn in your tickets at the register and buy the ones you have tickets for. That's just my guess though.

since the blog post say's "ticketing procedure" for the Disney store locations I am guessing that it will work the same as what they did at the expo, CM's will distribute tickets and there will be tickets for each individual doll, they will go down the line asking each guest which dolls they want. Then you turn in your tickets at the register and buy the ones you have tickets for. That's just my guess though.

I agree with you :) The "Ticketing procedure" will be like that! If tou came first..they ask to you What doll you want (just one princess or 2 princess or ALL princess").. Give you the ticket with the informations and when you go for buy the dolls,they check the ticket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back