• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Merchandise
Me, be able to make something like that . :lol: Not that talented and forgot to add this to my Christmas list .
You could make this or something similar yourself. The charms just use photocopies or printed images of the Disney Designer Doll Artwork, either taken from the notecards or promotional images. I think the little charm frames they used are sold at AC Moore or any craft store with a beading aisle, and while using resin without getting bubbles requires some skill it's not super difficult. Plus, you could also pick bead colors that complement the princess designs better! To be honest (and I'm not trying to insult you for posting this Tinker, because I also thought it was cute), it kinda annoys me when people deliberately and completely steal someone else's artwork to make money. Fan art is one thing (which I FULLY support, people should take inspiration where they get it!), using actual copies of someone else's art is another. I apologize for the rant... it's just one of my pet peeves I guess.

The mugs are beautiful . I never got to see one in person . I just got to see some left over journals yesterday . Of course, no Rapunzel, but thanks to a dear friend, I'm receiving one .

Ahh so jealous. I have all the dolls and journals but not one single mug. This is what I get for not being on top of things by living in another country. Oh maybe one day...
Disney should have distributed the non-doll Designer merchandise much more widely, instead of just in the US and Canada. Or at least made the mugs and journals available online. Instead, people outside North America have had to resort to eBay or other resellers. Currently some of the mugs can be had for $15 (+shipping), but not Ariel of course.

The mugs are beautiful . I never got to see one in person . I just got to see some left over journals yesterday . Of course, no Rapunzel, but thanks to a dear friend, I'm receiving one .
I never saw any mugs in stores after the first week, and never saw any Snow White mugs, the only one I was interested in at the time. So I never bought any mugs in person. I got a couple of Snow White mugs off eBay a couple of months ago. Then after I got completely shut out of getting any of the last five Designer Dolls on Dollmageddon, I got the bug to have a complete mug collection. LOL. These mugs are amazingly beautiful in person, and also quite functional. I am using my spare Snow White mug for both hot and cold beverages.

My Complete Disney Princess Designer Journal Collection

It's no big deal that I have all the Designer journals, since they are much less rare than the mugs (or the dolls for that matter), and can still be purchased at some Disney Stores. Before Dollmageddon I was only interested in getting a Snow White journal, which I purchased very early from a store. Plus at almost twice the cost of a mug (at $19.50 US vs $10.50 US), I felt that they were overpriced, especially for an item that I would never actually use. The only reason to get them is for the gorgeous sketch of each Designer Princess on the front cover, as well as on the pen. But after Dollmageddon, I got the bug to get all the journals, just as I did with the mugs. So here they are:

Disney Princess Designer Collection Journals - Complete Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's no big deal that I have all the Designer journals, since they are much less rare than the mugs (or the dolls for that matter), and can still be purchased at some Disney Stores. Before Dollmageddon I was only interested in getting a Snow White journal, which I purchased very early from a store. Plus at almost twice the cost of a mug (at $19.50 US vs $10.50 US), I felt that they were overpriced, especially for an item that I would never actually use. The only reason to get them is for the gorgeous sketch of each Designer Princess on the front cover, as well as on the pen. But after Dollmageddon, I got the bug to get all the journals, just as I did with the mugs. So here they are:

Disney Princess Designer Collection Journals - Complete Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Congrats on getting the complete mug and journal sets! I agree with you that the mugs and journals should have been available online as well, and not just in the US, because it could not possibly have cost DS very much to manufacture them and there is an obvious market for them. Sounds like easy sales to me... The mugs really are truly gorgeous (and functional), hands down. At the product launch, I had the worst time finding the Snow White mug (the one I really wanted) at the stores in my area, so I did turn to eBay to get one for $13, I think... and I've been using it at home ever since. Luckily, around the Designer Belle doll's release, when I noticed a flood of mugs being posted on eBay, I started making calls to my local stores and one store luckily just got a shipment in, so I bought the Rapunzel, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, and Jasmine mugs, as well as a spare Snow White mug (in case I break my first one). Shortly after at another store, I bought the Pocahontas and Belle mugs. The two I currently don't have are Tiana and Mulan. I do want to get the Tiana mug, but I really do not care much for the Mulan sketch. On the practical side of things, unless I throw a tea party at my house, there is no justification to have so many mugs! As for the journals, I bought Snow White and Rapunzel's back in August and though the covers are pretty, the actual journals are nothing special, especially for $19.50.

Everything that just popped back up says "sold out"... was it available for purchase for like 2 seconds, or are they just screwing with us?
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! I had a brief moment of hopefulness when the Snow White mirror did NOT have a SOLD OUT sign. But when I clicked on the Add To Cart button, it says Item Not Available For Purchase At This Time. Boo!

My guess is that they either had some available at some point earlier today (they were not even showing up from a website search for 'designer' as of 11:30 pm PST last night), and sold out already, like what happened when the Snow White Compact Mirror became suddenly available on September 21st, or DS.com loaded the items up to be available tomorrow, when the Friends & Family 20% discount promo is over.

That said, the Snow White Designer scarf was constanly visible online for weeks, but no one could actually order it apart from the first week or so when it first became available on August 22nd... so maybe these are just duds that accidentally became searchable again through a system error?

Disney should have distributed the non-doll Designer merchandise much more widely, instead of just in the US and Canada. Or at least made the mugs and journals available online. Instead, people outside North America have had to resort to eBay or other resellers. Currently some of the mugs can be had for $15 (+shipping), but not Ariel of course.

I never saw any mugs in stores after the first week, and never saw any Snow White mugs, the only one I was interested in at the time. So I never bought any mugs in person. I got a couple of Snow White mugs off eBay a couple of months ago. Then after I got completely shut out of getting any of the last five Designer Dolls on Dollmageddon, I got the bug to have a complete mug collection. LOL. These mugs are amazingly beautiful in person, and also quite functional. I am using my spare Snow White mug for both hot and cold beverages.

I never saw any mugs in person; just the note cards, journals, and nail polish (should have gotten the nail polish!)

Complete Set of Designer Dolls, Mugs and Journals Displayed in a Row

I've finally cleared out the 6 1/2 foot long built-in counter in my family room, to make room for my Disney Princess Designer Collection. It is the perfect size to display all ten of the dolls, mugs and journals in a row. Here's a photo:

All 10 Disney Designer Princess Dolls, Mugs and Journals, All In A Row by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
^^^ WOW DRJ1828!!! That looks fabulous! I wish I had space to display them like that. Now I'm wishing I had gotten all of the journals too...lol

I wanted the Snow White doll, but never got her . I got the purse , my manager held one for me . I asked Santa to bring the SW doll & compact for Christmas . :lol:
I need a Belle journal for my son's girlfriend . Her family is very low income and she said, she hasn't got a present in five years . This year Santa is coming to my house for her . Going over to ebay now .

^^^ WOW DRJ1828!!! That looks fabulous! I wish I had space to display them like that. Now I'm wishing I had gotten all of the journals too...lol
Beautiful display, DRJ1828!! Absolutely lovely and really shows off each doll and the merchandise. Thanks so much for sharing! :)
Thanks, disneycrazee and Story! I feel very lucky not only have all gotten a complete set of the dolls, journals and mugs, but also to have the space to properly display them. And I am very happy to share a photo of the display with all of you.

Nice DRJ! I have all the dolls and mugs. Mugs I've displayed on top of my wardrobe thingie lol and they look great, but the dolls I'm absolutely clueless on how I'll be doing that. You did a great job though! I only bought Ariel's journal, she was the only one I truly wanted.

Nice DRJ! I have all the dolls and mugs. Mugs I've displayed on top of my wardrobe thingie lol and they look great, but the dolls I'm absolutely clueless on how I'll be doing that. You did a great job though! I only bought Ariel's journal, she was the only one I truly wanted.
Thank you! To display all the Designer dolls does take up a lot of space. I still don't know how I'm going to permanently display all the rest my Princess dolls that I've collected recently - the Animators', Singing, Sparkle Dress dolls. I think I need to slow down on the collecting, so I can deal with the ones I have already. LOL.

beautiful!
Thanks!

I still need a couple of the mugs. Has anyone seen any Designer Princess mugs in their local Disney store?

My Disney Store (local) got rid of their Designer Princess merchandise around the time the last 5 dolls came out

I only ever see some journals . The only place to get the mugs is ebay .

Agreed... :( I finally caved in and turned to eBay to get the last 2 mugs I needed to complete the set (Tiana and Mulan) in separate auctions. With shipping fees, they ended up costing me $20 each, which is not too terrible when compared to what some people are asking for them on that venue, but when I compare that to when I was able to buy the mugs at retail for 2/$14... well, it kind of stings a little. My advice, like always, is to keep your eyes open for an opportunity and you may get lucky in finding a good deal. They do occasionally happen, even on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back