• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Singing Dolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Singing Dolls!

Doll_Enchanted

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find a place to share Disney singing dolls. I just spotted this new 16" H singing Rapunzel at the DS.com.

I wonder if others will be added. I'm so happy to see another 16" version. While I do like the latest 12" singing dolls mainly because of their accessories, I much more prefer the 16" dolls. I'll probably be getting her since I missed her original one which I do own but used out of box.

I really like that she lights up something different for a change. I can't hear her singing on the website though.

What y'all think?

Yes I am interested in these! I have singing Elsa from last year, so I don't think I'll get the new Elsa one (also not a fan of her ice...branch(?) accessory), but I'm intrigued by the Rapunzel and Ariel ones (and any others that may be coming down the pipes). I don't totally get how their accessories work - do you need them to make her sing? I can see how they don't necessarily want to do motion detection because my Elsa likes to belt it out so randomly she has to be turned off by default. I do tend to like the hand-twist features on the 12" dolls, though.

I definitely want to see and hear them in person. I find Rapunzel's floating lantern a little small proportionally, but I can get over that if she has nice detail and lights up well and sings clearly. The dolls do usually sing clearly, so I'm really hoping these new ones don't have the "underwater" low-quality effect that this year's singing ornaments have.

I saw the Rapunzel earlier today. I really like the looks of her! I wonder if they made them 16" instead of 17" because people were customizing the 17" ones when they couldn't get the LE dolls?

Yes I am interested in these! I have singing Elsa from last year, so I don't think I'll get the new Elsa one (also not a fan of her ice...branch(?) accessory), but I'm intrigued by the Rapunzel and Ariel ones (and any others that may be coming down the pipes). I don't totally get how their accessories work - do you need them to make her sing? I can see how they don't necessarily want to do motion detection because my Elsa likes to belt it out so randomly she has to be turned off by default. I do tend to like the hand-twist features on the 12" dolls, though. I definitely want to see and hear them in person. I find Rapunzel's floating lantern a little small proportionally, but I can get over that if she has nice detail and lights up well and sings clearly. The dolls do usually sing clearly, so I'm really hoping these new ones don't have the "underwater" low-quality effect that this year's singing ornaments have.
Agree. Oh oh didn't know about the rest do you have pics? specially Elsa

I like that she's sort of modeled after the 17" LE doll.

I just really hope that she sings "I see the light" and not "When will my life begin"

I read about it on a blog! I'll go look for the post. How did you two find Rapunzel? I don't see her listed on the disneystore website?

Also, I don't know why DisneyStore hasn't done this yet, but how amazing would it be if they released wireless synced Prince singing dolls?

Imagine. Snow White's prince, Phillip, Beast, Aladdin, and Flynn!

Also, my two dream lists:

Shang singing "I'll make a man out of you"
And an Anna and Elsa set where they sing the last verse of the "First time in Forever" reprise.

I saw her earlier today under new arrivals, and had that instant "oh, oh... I want it..." Then remembered there's no cash to spare as it's marked for the LE dolls, and then said a little prayer that she'll still be available in a couple weeks when I'll be able to afford her. I saw some other 17" singing dolls on Ebay a while back and wondered if they were new or old. It looks like a series, so I'm hoping we see a lot more before Christmas and they don't rapidly sell out.

Ok I really suck at figuring out tumblr (I'm brand new to it). It's not too easy to figure out how to post a link to a specific post. If you go to www.tumblr.com and type in the search function, "Singing Ariel" and "Singing Elsa," you should be able to see them. Besides Rapunzel these are the only two others in this collection I've heard about.

Also, I don't know why DisneyStore hasn't done this yet, but how amazing would it be if they released wireless synced Prince singing dolls?

Imagine. Snow White's prince, Phillip, Beast, Aladdin, and Flynn!

Also, my two dream lists:

Shang singing "I'll make a man out of you"
And an Anna and Elsa set where they sing the last verse of the "First time in Forever" reprise.

Oooh! yes I would be all over that. Special Anna & Elsa that's my favorite part of the song as well. It gets me every time so much emotion.

I read about it on a blog! I'll go look for the post. How did you two find Rapunzel? I don't see her listed on the disneystore website?

I happened to be looking at mugs over lunch and clicked on the dolls section when I saw they had a sale on the classic dolls. Popped up then. I didn't know she was a big deal, I just happened to see her and was like "Oh, she's pretty!"

Glad to share :) Can't believe I missed Rapunzel up on the store website. Thanks for pointing her out. I hope she's in local stores soon.

Hm, maybe I am too critical, but Elsa's cape looks "off" to me. Kind of like they used the 11 inch dolls cape design and slapped that same size on the 17 inch doll cape. I feel like the snowflake design in the front should go a lot lower. Otherwise, I really like the Rapunzel a lot, I can't wait to see them in person :)

Yes I am interested in these! I have singing Elsa from last year, so I don't think I'll get the new Elsa one (also not a fan of her ice...branch(?) accessory), but I'm intrigued by the Rapunzel and Ariel ones (and any others that may be coming down the pipes). I don't totally get how their accessories work - do you need them to make her sing? I can see how they don't necessarily want to do motion detection because my Elsa likes to belt it out so randomly she has to be turned off by default. I do tend to like the hand-twist features on the 12" dolls, though.

I definitely want to see and hear them in person. I find Rapunzel's floating lantern a little small proportionally, but I can get over that if she has nice detail and lights up well and sings clearly. The dolls do usually sing clearly, so I'm really hoping these new ones don't have the "underwater" low-quality effect that this year's singing ornaments have.

I was really tempted to get singing Elsa, but I just couldn't stand the fact that she had blue, glowing arms/hands! If her palms had simply glowed, that would have been one thing, but I caouldn't stand that her hands were always blue whether singing or not! I really like Rapunzel, but my big draw to the LE dolls is there boxes. The designer dolls come in a great display case for those who don't debox and you can debox the 17 inch without actually deboxing them, allowing you to fix any small imperfections, touch the doll, and see their le number, then package them up all nice and pretty again afterwards! My big fear with this Rapunzel would be that I would inevitable A) ruin her box, or B) debox her then ruin the doll some other way over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back