• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Singing Dolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Singing Dolls!
Ooooo great comparison pics too! Older Ariel is pretty but the newer one looks pretty too. I think I like the side glancing eyes better. Does the newer Ariel not have feet? It doesn't look like she does. Wouldn't bother me if she didn't. I'm wanting Ariel and rapunzel now.

Thanks Tinktig, I don't have any Rapunzel except the classic doll but she has loose hair so I really like this one with the braid and all.I'll probably keep her in the box but if it's possible to open it without damaging it to see her hair light up then I'll do that :D

You don't even need to open the box she has a handy little "try me" button on the box so all you have to do is pull the battery tab at the back, I love that she sings the healing song too, I think she is perfect!

No, she doesn't have legs, her tail flutters she is very much like the smaller singing doll released earlier this year.

f19c3c1ab2a7bb5f7e878c8734dd5c73.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooo great comparison pics too! Older Ariel is pretty but the newer one looks pretty too. I think I like the side glancing eyes better. Does the newer Ariel not have feet? It doesn't look like she does. Wouldn't bother me if she didn't. I'm wanting Ariel and rapunzel now.

I agree, the side glancing eyes do look better, I'm happy to have both but the new one just looks more like Ariel to me.

Oh that's great, thanks! I'm excited to get her now (although my bank account isn't) XD

I know its been a very expensive few weeks with Disney putting out all these amazing dolls at the same time, I will be glad of a break, I hope I don't seeing anything I like for a long time now to recover.

0ab472c7f634491fe384bb44883d930a.jpg

The middle one is my least favourite, I actually forgot I had her.

Last edited:
Nice, I'm debating between Rapunzel and Elsa. I passed on FF LE Elsa because the boxes are so huge so this will be a great alternative. And thanks to the poster for a heads up about the F&F promotion going on.

That comparison of the three Rapunzel dolls is a great demonstration of fabric choice being important. The skirt and lace trim at the bottom of the bodice are new, but otherwise the pattern of the bodice is basically identical between the new doll on the left and the older one on the right, with identical sleeve fabric choices. But the patterned material on the new one looks much better even though it's the same bodice pattern.

Nai, FF Elsa looks soooooo good in your signature pic, it makes me so excited to get mine finally! :D

I sort of like the rounded neckline of the middle doll better but the new Punzie definitely has nicer fabric

I always wanted the singing doll of Ariel with the blue dress. I was happy they actually made it, I do kinda wish it was more sparkly but.. I can't complain since it actually was made.
I have all of her outfits but that blue one.

I always wanted the singing doll of Ariel with the blue dress. I was happy they actually made it, I do kinda wish it was more sparkly but.. I can't complain since it actually was made.
I have all of her outfits but that blue one.

That blue one is strange too, it doesn't look like anything special when it's sitting there, but once she has it on it changes and looks wonderful. I don't have the pink dress, I saw one up on ebay and I'm thinking of getting it.

I want the Ariel and plan on deboxing her, can she stand on her own or will I need a doll stand?

I don't plan on deboxing mine, but to someone who has, how much of the song do the dolls sing? I know it's wishful thinking that they may play the whole thing, but maybe? :hs:

I got my Elsa and took a couple (2) of quick pics. I can't figure out how to post pics but they aren't that good anyway. She sings the exact same song clip as the 2014 doll and looks the same too. Her ice heels are a translucent glitter which is nice. Her dress is very pretty. Its really delicate tho. I managed to rip the seam farther down the back while (carefully) taking it off to turn her on/off switch. The cape is lined to hide the light feature. Her ice swirl that makes her sing is a pain. I can't get it to sit in her hand to activate the song.
I have to take it off her hand then shove it back on. The hand that holds it is also kind of awkward looking BC it is always facing palm up but the articulation bends unnaturally. Anyway, I like her besides those things and think she's worth the money.

Rapunzel is on the way to me, will take pics as well. I love that she's got the braid, that's what I actually don't like about the LE doll.

Rapunzel is on the way to me, will take pics as well. I love that she's got the braid, that's what I actually don't like about the LE doll.
I never really cared for rapunzel dolls before n I bought the LE one as an impulse buy bc I liked the pictures. I'm so glad I did. I Love her hair and she has the prettiest facial details and dress! Gothel'is details are great too. I love the set. The singing one is gorgeous too! I know what u mean about her hair! Disney just needs to start having my pay checks directly deposited to them :wavey:

Has anyone gently deboxed their singing doll and tried to see if they could arrange her back in her box, to look similar to how she looks before she's been opened?

The reason I am asking is because I would want to take the doll out to hear the full song, BUT I also like the boxes as they are sort of similar to the LE LA Cinderella box, which I love, so it would be kind of nice to display the singing doll in her box when I'm not fiddling with her. It seems a pity to throw out such a pretty box.

Here's Ariel [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLFjlEw-qeDqBhBulMo6YTAooej7rJ4OGw&v=yd5jsBY63Uk[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back